Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Pre Pay Data Add on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It is blank...was there something there earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I updated the link it should work now in my extras in my account I can also buy add ons for my phone. Has anyone got a code yet for the 3 months free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Do tell.

Nope...

Maybe it depends on what phone you have or something.

This is the pre pay pricing im also seeing these as add ons in my account where you buy the text bundles.

30 day broadband add on5GB€20Weekly broadband add on2GB€10Daily broadband add on500Mb€3Daily roaming add on50Mb€12

• Advertisement

This is the pre pay pricing im also seeing these as add ons in my account where you buy the text bundles.

30 day broadband add on5GB€20Weekly broadband add on2GB€10Daily broadband add on500Mb€3Daily roaming add on50Mb€12

Thanks OP.

Ridiculously uncompetitive prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Good spot OP! They're on my account too (see picture).
    Agree with long_b - pretty uncompetitive!

Found em now. That is a pretty outrageous price alright. €3 a day.

Isn't there a flat fee of €1 per day for general Vodafone live type connection for web browsing and email? I use it every so often when I can't get access to my pc and need to check email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Ludo wrote: »

Isn't there a flat fee of €1 per day for general Vodafone live type connection for web browsing and email? I use it every so often when I can't get access to my pc and need to check email.

The 99c/day is for live AP only, so you cannot use that for modem. The current rate for isp AP is 19c/mb. So, compared, that 'add-on' is cheap, still not competitive vs 3's rates, though.

Also: this is not for phones afaik. It's for the new prepay mobile broadband that is rolling out!!!!!!

Ludo wrote: »

There is - it's 99c a day up to 50 MB. Charges apply after that

I.*suppose* the 500 MB daily might be handy if you knew you wanted to really hammer it on a given day, but you'd have to buy it ahead of time ?

Seems like a mish-mash of a standard (overpriced)mobile broadband tariff but on a regular PAYG account ?

Anyways, I won't be using it :P

• Advertisement

Just comparing rates:

Vodafone:

30 day broadband add on 5GB 20eWeekly broadband add on 2GB 10eDaily broadband add on 500MB 3eDaily roaming add on 50MB 12e

3Pay:Broadband Day
    1 day of access (500MB FUP)
    €5Broadband Week
    1 week of access (2GB FUP)
    €10Broadband Month
    30 days of access (10GB FUP)
    €25Out of Bundle chargingPer MB of data49c

02:

Daily Pass:
    €3.99 with 500 MB data allowance
    30-day pass:
    €19.99 with 5GB data allowance
    Additional usage 2c per MB is available when your pass expires*

Meteor:

Daily Pass: €2.99 with 500 MB data allowance
    30-day pass: €19.99 with 7.5GB data allowance
    Additional usage 2c per MB is available when your pass expires*

The Mobile Broadband add-ons are very pricey alright, in comparison to the regular data add-ons.

Maybe this is more suited to the Midband forum ?

Advertisement