Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Western Road still flooded?

Options
  • 25-11-2009 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

I intend staying in Cork overnight on December 4th. I was there a few weeks ago in a B&B on Western Road opposite UCC. What is the current situation with Western Road/Washington Street regarding the flooding - this is the general area where I'd like to stay again, but am obviously aware of the situation.

It's terrible to see an entire city brought to a virtual standstill with so many people's livelihoods in ruins - maybe the local authorities and ESB would want to look at a major flood relief channel from the dam reservoir towards Cork Harbour. It's totally unacceptable that a city has to live under the threat of such a time bomb on a continual basis - something meaningful must be done for Ireland's second city, so that it can safely go about its business.

Regards!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭nacl

No problem. Dry as a bone.

Advertisement