Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price per metre for Tarmac drive

Options
  • 25-11-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the average cost per metre for a tarmac driveway? I'm living in Co. Sligo so would it be worth while going cross border for this? All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I had a guy in doing some kerbing at my house and asked about it. He said €12 per sq.m. Not sure if that is the going rate but he seemed to think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

only talking to a contractor on a job in wicklow, 11 euro for 60mm rolled if there is little ground work to be done .

now this guy knows his stuff.

take care to get your product from a good source as some makers of tar fade quickly ,with soft compounts .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

It all depends on the amount of work to be done and the material specified, also distance can be a factor, but it can range from €11 up to €28+ for 60mm base and 40mm wearing course.

The cross border contractors can be cheaper as they pay less vat and less wages but if you have a problem will they come back ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 castlelover

Hi there, does anyone know of a good tarmac contractor in the Roscommon area, and also what is a likely cost per sq meter??

Thanks,

C

Advertisement