Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Things you love about your other half, best friend or someone close to you

• 26-11-2009 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭

Who are they, what are they to you, and what reasons? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Varyn

Aw how cute :o

Mine..about my boyfriend:)

1.How he tells me he loves me a kajillion times a day!
    2.He puts up with my stroppy moments and just gives me a big hug.
    3.He surprises me with dinner when i go over to his after work and he knows i'm too tired to go out for anything.
    4.The way he always lets me sleep on the inside and tucks the duvet down beside the wall so i won't get cold :o
    5.The way he laughs when he finds something really funny!
    6.The way he got overly excited coming up to my birthday cos he's never gone out with someone for their birthday before!
    7.He gets really proud when he's actually cleaned his apartment before i come over and texts me to tell me all about it lol.
    8.I always catch him looking at me when we're watching a movie/tv and then he just smiles.
    9.He knows exactly how to make me smile.
    10.How he's just so unbelievably nice and generous to EVERYBODY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

About my wonderful BF!

1. Kindest heart in the world and spoils me rotten from little pressies to making me gorgeous dinners to cuddling me the most ever!

2. Puts in so much effort with my family and my doggy!Goes out of his way for them all the time

3. Is my best friend in the whole world and we both have never felt so close to anyone

4. Always miss eachother even though we're together 99.9% of the time!Never get bored of eachother!

5. Gets involved with things im interested in

6. Loves animals so much (very important to me cause im like a child with them)

7. Loves his mam and family so much and isnt afraid of showing it

8. we have the most fun together ever!

9. Can be really strange and weird with eachother without being embarassed!

10. Knows im his soulmate forever and i feel exactly the same way!

Loads more but that's ten for now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

My 7 year old with a list of issues as long as the street..He doesnt know what a feeling is or how to feel or how to express anything.He doesnt know the difference between hugging or hurting

1. Twitches his nose when his glasses are sliding down too far.
    2. Puts his finger in my ear when i cry to turn off the tears( its the closest he does to hugging)
    3. Opens my eyelids in the morning just to see am I awake.
    4. Lie on the floor talking to the dog while holding her tail
    5. Takes all her( sister) dolls & takes their clothes off in case they are too warm.
    6. His bright bright ginger hair
    7. His ability to recite all multiplication & division in reverse when you simply just ask him the time or what day it is
    8. His smile - he just opens his mouth
    9. His OCDs - spotless room always
    10. Him - despite everything - for just being him.

( see how difficult it to describe someone when there is no feeling or emotion)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

No that's a wonderful list!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

love this thread btw!!! and all your posts so cute!!

1. i love that i can tell him anything i tell him more than anyone else in my life
    2. this is both of our longest relationship so far and first real relationship which is really special
    3. i love how he thinks random things i say are cute or funny:)
    4. love how he compliments me it makes me feel so good
    5.love when he does little things he thinks i don't appreciate such as giving me his hoody when i'm cold, calls me to make sure i got home ok and walks me to the bus stop.
    6. he is really polite to my dad and friends
    7.he is really tall and even though im tall for a girl 5'6.5 i feel tiny!
    8.love when he hugs me and picks me up
    9.love when he works out and his body starts to look muscular its hot!;)
    10.love how he sees the best in everyone

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

My Fiance Ciara! I love her so much!

1. Her cute laugh when I tickle her.
    2. Her Smlle.
    3. I can tell her anything, no matter how embarrassing I think it is.
    4. I love her little quirks, like how she wiggles her toes while watching telly and how she scrunches her nose after I kiss it.
    5. She always cheers me up when I am down.
    6. How she always looks Gorgeous, no matter what she wears
    7. Loves our doggie as much as she loves me. She always makes sure that she is taken care of.
    8. How she motivates me to stand up for myself and generally makes me a better person.
    9. We rarely fight, and get on really well with each other. She is my best friend.
    10. How soft her skin is. I love cuddling into her first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

1. The way he still ends every phone call/text to me with 'i love you' after 5 years together

2. The way he tells me i look beautiful no matter what im wearing/look like

3. The way he adapted to me wanting a dog, even though he isnt overly fond of them, and now loves her as much as i do

4. The way he loves and treats his nephews and nieces, i know hes gonna be an amazing father

5. The way i catch him staring at me and the a little smile i get when i look at him

6. The way he squeezes me when he hugs me, makes me feel safe

7. His two little dimples when he smiles

8. He knows exactly what i like from what i eat, drink, the kinda socks i wear, everything, so theres always little surprises for me

9. When im angry he knows how to snap me out of it

10. The feeling of complete comfort and love all the time from him

He's perfect!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

1. the way he insists on spooning for at least the first 10mins after we go to bed:D

2. the way he can't come to my house without ordering dominoes(doesn't get it in his area)

3. when we're snuggling he always goes "what's your deal?" to which I respond "what's your deal?" and so on....

4. the way he makes me a cup of tea when I least expect it

5. He wrote me a song for my 21st

6. He changes into pj bottoms the moment he gets home

7. He has the most ticklish tummy of anyone I've ever known

8. He's a hugely talented musician

9. He insists that I look better without make up

10. He always tries to get me interested in history, as he studies it.

There's plenty more but you only wanted 10!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

My best friend.

10 - How I can tell him stuff im not comfortable telling anybody else. Theres nothing sacred between us.
    9 - How comforting his voice is when im upset. Even over the phone, everything seems better talking to him.
    8 - Hes the only person i feel 100% comfortable crying infront of.
    7 - Our random quips that nobody else understands, but cracks us up. O rly?!
    6 - How he seems to ignore bad moods/tempers, until I forget that im actually pist off!
    5 - His arms. <3
    4 - How safe he makes me feel when he walks with an arm around the bottom of my back.
    3 - How he calls me "special needs" when i make him kiss my teddies nose.
    2 - His hopeless fashion advice. "which bag?".. uh... the black? one... "theyre both black :("
    1 - How I know, despite the teasing, slagging an general bollocksology that goes on between us, when the chips are down, hes the only person ever to never let me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

My fiancé

10. The way he wants to protect me
    9. The way when he's just about to fall asleep he makes me turn over so he can give me a proper cuddle
    8. When we have an argument its over before we go to sleep
    7. When he's in the middle of some xbox game and he thinks I'm being neglected he takes his eyes off screen for a second to tell me he loves me
    6. He encourages me to do things I like but am nervous about
    5. He talks about our wedding more than I do
    4. I love the when he's really stressed how he pulls at his hair and it ends up sticking all over the place... I just want to smooth it down for him.
    3. He knows the exact moments I need a hug
    2. He still knows how to make the butterflies of a new relationship appear in my tummy after three years
    1. No matter what mistakes I make or things I go through, he has forgives me and is there for me when it comes down to it, be it saying 'I love you' or holding me and not letting me go.

Ah I just want to go home to him now!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

My child.

1. When she bursts out laughing, and can't stop.

2. When she looks at me with a slightly raised eyebrow, and we both know what the other is thinking.

3. Her wit. She is one of the funniest people I have ever met.

4. The way she looks when she's asleep.

5. Her understanding and compassion.

6. Seeing other members of my family in her face for a second.

7. Her behavior. She has lovely manners, and the school adore her.

8. Her never ending curiosity in EVERYTHING.

9. When she meets her Grandmother, she says "Yo Dude".

10. That at 9, I still want to bite her for her cuteness.

10 and a half. The way she sings constantly while she's pottering about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Nick, my boyfriend :D

1. When I know I look awful, no make up, just woke up, hair going everywhere, he still calls me gorgeous :):)

2. He can cheer me up by just talking to me.

3. How we never really fight :)

4. How he cares and worries so much.

5. How I'm pretty much constantly thinking about him. Even that makes me happy ^_^

6. How safe I feel in his arms. No worries when he's holding me. None. Especially when just woken up ^^

7. How respectful he is.

8. How he gave my mam a hug the first time he saw her, resulting in her still laughing about it and liking him a lot :D

9. How we can just talk about everything. There's nothing that's too weird. How much he listens and remembers. He'd be the first person to go to with a problem and the first person to offer advice :)

10. How when he tickles me I laugh and scream and he's so stubborn he doesn't stop and then we laugh and he squeezes me. Just perfect really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

jenny2hat wrote: »
    Nick, my boyfriend :D

1. When I know I look awful, no make up, just woke up, hair going everywhere, he still calls me gorgeous :):)

2. He can cheer me up by just talking to me.

3. How we never really fight :)

4. How he cares and worries so much.

5. How I'm pretty much constantly thinking about him. Even that makes me happy ^_^

6. How safe I feel in his arms. No worries when he's holding me. None. Especially when just woken up ^^

7. How respectful he is.

8. How he gave my mam a hug the first time he saw her, resulting in her still laughing about it and liking him a lot :D

9. How we can just talk about everything. There's nothing that's too weird. How much he listens and remembers. He'd be the first person to go to with a problem and the first person to offer advice :)

10. How when he tickles me I laugh and scream and he's so stubborn he doesn't stop and then we laugh and he squeezes me. Just perfect really.
    Your mam loves me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Your mam loves me :P

heh, shup :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RABTMOUSE

You all make me sick.

ha:) x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

My ex-girlfriend/best friend...

1. Her general excitement at the mere mention of squirrels, wolves, hedgehogs or Dara O' Briain.

2. She will come to gigs/social occasions she finds very boring just so I can stare at a girl I fancy.

3. No matter how terribly I treated her when I was having some serious mental health issues, she still loves me anyway and understands how my mind works.

4. I can tell her absolutely everything I have done, no matter how immoral or questionable and she will never judge me and will always want me to be happy.

5. She is a tiny girl but would happily join me in the challenge of an all-you-can-eat food type scenario - especially if it was all battered and drowned in butter.

6. She owns a whole series of ludicrous gimmicky exercise devices that she is convinced are more health giving and useful than a run/swim or cycle.

7. She is the cleverest person I have ever met and one of the very few people I have ever felt totally challenged and stimulated by.

8. If I was dying and in terrible pain, I know that she would shoot me in the head if I couldn't do it myself; irrespective of the legal consequences.

9. She can raise one eyebrow in a very expert and sinister manner.

10. Even though relationship wise we weren't meant to be, we still adore each other and think that we will be tied together for the rest of our lives cos we are platonic soul mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My Boyfriend

1. His dimples
    2. The way he operates on a totally different time frame to everyone else, being a bar man in a club, so he sleeps all day and is up all night.
    3. He can make me smile no matter what
    4. The little spot on his chest/under his arm I always lie on
    5. The way whenever he goes out without me, he pretty much always calls me on his way home to tell me how much he loves me
    6. The way when we're watching tv, he just randomly kisses the top of my head/nose/forehead every now and then
    7. Huggles in his bed warm when we know just how cold his room is outside of the bed.
    8. Him accepting everything about me, and telling me that he even loves the parts of me that irritate him sometimes
    9. That he tells me, how much I've motivated him to do stuff in the last 11 months.
    10. How excited he gets when I make him dinner, and eats every last scrap, and then laughs at me for only eating a small bit.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

My girfriend :)

1) Her distinct sense of humour which I share
    2) Her taste in books
    3) The way she looks when she smiles
    4) Her love of cats
    5) How she can be really sweet though she likes to pretend she isn't
    6) How she feels when we cuddle
    7) That she's friends with all of my friends and vice versa
    8) How she smiles when she sees me
    9) How she can talk about absolutely nothing and still make it interesting
    10) The way she pretends to care about football even though I know she doesn't care at all when I'm talking about it :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

In keeping with the current theme, my boyfriend Rob:

1. The piggybacks from the living room to the kitchen
    2. His obsession with morning cuddling
    3. He always tells me I'm gorgeous even when I look dreadful
    4. He lets me watch what I want on always
    5. His little attempts at cooking, never tasty but always appreciated
    6. He'll stay awake until I fall asleep and sometimes all night if I've been a bit over indulgent with alcohol :o
    7. All the perfume he buys me
    8. The way he loves me just rubbing the back of his neck
    9. We never fight for long
    10. That I could wax lyrical about him all day so ten really isn't a big enough number :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

My eight-year-old sister ...

1. Being the youngest of seven, she's the toughest little thing you could imagine! She can totally stand up to my brothers (aged 23, 20 and 19) and all of their friends! :D She's not a bit shy.
    2. She's still a total little girly girl, loves her clothes and hairstyles. And has her own very individual style, ever since she was little she loved making "fashion statements"
    3. Her hair very nearly reaches her waist and it is silky smooth and beautiful! And also she is beautiful, like a little model.
    4. She is so caring it's adorable. She's like a little mammy to all of her friends, which is even funnier seeing as she's the youngest at home! Also she insists that when she gets married, she's going to make her husband move in with her next door so that she can keep an eye on mammy and daddy when they're old! :D
    5. She is mega-intelligent. Like, seriously. This one will go far!
    6. She loves loves loves reading. But ... not in normal places. You'd see her draped across the banisters of the stairs, or upside down on the couch with her head on the groud, our hanging from the tree or the swing set reading a book! It looks so uncomfortable, but she doesn't seem to mind :o
    7. She sleeps in my bed when I'm away, and smothers me with hugs and kisses every weekend that I come home (puppy-style! :D)
    8. She's an incredible singer, and not a bit shy about showing it off!
    9. She's got the most oddball sense of humour you could imagine, she finds really obscure things totally hilarious, and her laugh is just contagious!
    10. At the age of eight, you'd think that your personality wouldn't be fully formed at all yet. But hers is, and she is such a strong, pure little person. She has so much innocence and integrity and goodness, and I just know that those fundamentals won't change too much as she gets older. She's my girl, and she always will be! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My friend Ciara

1. The way she makes me laugh hysterically even when I'm feeling horrible.
    2. She just gets it. Always.
    3. How she insists that I really should be a man, just so she can marry me.
    4. She lets me run wild, and doesn't give out to me when I do things I shouldn't, but she's there to cheer me up when I regret things.
    5. She's beautiful inside and out, and she knows it (sometimes), but sometimes forgets how awesome she is.
    6. She makes memories.
    7. She's quirky.
    8. A complete and utter mental case, but wouldn't have her any way.
    9. She sucks at passports/ID.
    10. She has no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭halpin17

my friend sally:
    1/ I love that you get cold when it's 71degrees out
    2/I love the way it takes you and hour and a half to order a snadwich
    3/I love the way u get a little crinkle above your nose when ur looking at me thinking I'm nuts
    4/ I love that after I spend all day with you my clothes smell like your perfume when I get home
    5/ I love that your the last person I wanna talk to before I go to bed at night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

halpin17 wrote: »
    my friend sally:
    3/I love the way u get a little crinkle above your nose when ur looking at me thinking I'm nuts
    4/ I love that after I spend all day with you my clothes smell like your perfume when I get home
    And the other half? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

halpin17 wrote: »
    my friend sally:

Ya Harry where's the other half? Sussed ya :P

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

My boyfriend:

1.We can talk absolute ****e for hours and have the best time.
    2.I can text him over the smallest of things and he'll always text back with a smile.
    3. He gives the best hugs..
    4. We have the nerdiest conversations.I love that I don't have to hide that around him.:)
    5.He looks so damn handsome in a suit!
    6.He's an absolute gentleman.
    7.When I'm down he cheers me up just by being around.
    8.He makes gorgeous hot chocolate.
    9.He puts up with my horrible indecisiveness.
    10.The fact that thinking about him makes me smile before I go to sleep.

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ChasingDreams

My best friend, E;

1. She never needs to ask how I feel, she just knows.
    2. When I have a really bad day and she knows, but she still lets me ignore it.
    3. Her ability to understand me.
    4. That 'we' comes to mind, not 'I' or 'she'.
    5. She can sense when not to talk about something.
    6. that I can trust her with anything.
    7. Our inside jokes no one else gets.
    8. Her immaturity and self-confidence.
    9. Her stubbornness when she truly believes in something.
    10. Her tomboy-ness!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

My amazing boyfriend Jp!
    1. his smell, no one else smells as yummy as him
    2.When he gives me a cuddle his big arms are the safest place in the world
    3. His gorgeous blue eyes that i get lost in
    4. His nickname for me is pencil fingers cos i have long skinny fingers and the way he laughs EVERYTIME he calls me this makes me melt
    5. When he says he loves me i know he means it from the deepest part of him
    6. I can tell him ANYTHING and he will always try and make bad things better
    7. He buys me a little pressie every other day even if its only a lollipop
    8. He laughs at me when i get in a strop and somehow makes me smile!
    9. When he stays over i wake up in the morning and feel like im in heaven cos he is completely wrapped around me
    10. the way he tells me how beautiful i am even when i know i look awful!!!
    The list could go on....................

This is such a lovely thread! Im smiling from ear to ear like a cheshire cat!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

My best friend.

1. Whenever I'm being melodramatic and upset he either gives out to me and points out how silly I'm being etc. Always cheers me up.
    2. He stops having sex with his slammin lady, when I text him upset.
    3. I never sleep as good as I do when he's here.
    4. His music taste.
    5. His sense of humour.
    6. The way we can sit together for hours without saying a single word and it's not awkward.
    7. He's the brother I wish I had.
    8. His laugh, it's quality.
    9. His random raving [:
    10. And most of all, I love him because he reminds me of my dad! They've the same personality. My dad away from dad! :D
    <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Things I love about my fiancee:
    1. The way he smiles goofily
    2. How he puts the cat on his shoulder to talk to her :D
    3. How even when I'm sick he'll do anything he can to make me feel better
    4. He always stands up for me even when I'm 120% wrong
    5. The way he wakes me up tickling me
    6. He always has a secret stash of chocolate hidden
    7. The way he calls me princess
    8. The way he puts hot water bottle in my bed when its cold
    9. He does all the cooking and makes sure theres food for me when he works late
    10. The way he tells me I'd burn hot water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I like this thread!

My boyfriend Paul:

1. He's from Donegal- so I get a gorgeous boyfriend with the added bonuses of the accent, having somewhere to go on wee holidays and learning how to say words like "pish" and "Oh aye" rather convincinly
    2. He's a nerd, like me.
    3. He has the nicest family in the entire world.
    4. We have our own language. I kid you not. Pedestrians think we're mental.
    5. He gives the best cuddles, especially half-sleepy ones.
    6. He's never too far away on a cold rainy day (cos he lives on campus) for a kinder bueno and a cuddle
    7. He always smells lovely and always tells me I smell lovely even when I know I smell like cheese and onion.
    8. He understands me and my tendency to live in my own world, and has to remind me sometimes that "that didn't actually happen"
    9. He has an amazing smile and amazing dimples and amazing eyes and he's basically a ride
    10. He makes me so happy and even when we're threatening to kill each other, we're always laughing and I can't stay mad at him for long and he's just basically the most amazing person in the entire world. Although we give out about each other that much you'd never think it!

Ten really isn't enough, especially when there's too many injokes that I also love that I have with him but people would actually think we were insane.

Advertisement