Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel arrangements

Options
  • 26-11-2009 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

just to say that i have looked at the flight/travel advice before i posted this but...As i am going with my kids to the spurs v man city game on the 16th december (evening kick off), i took the advice to travel to luton airport from dublin, but the question i have is...what would you recommend considering i have kids and a evening match as the best place to stay ie, a hotel near the ground or travel into london after match, or a hotel near the airport, i arrive in luton on match day about 10am, any advice regarding above and the best recommended travel to ground,...bus? train? tubes, taxi,
    many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

just to say that i have looked at the flight/travel advice before i posted this but...As i am going with my kids to the spurs v man city game on the 16th december (evening kick off), i took the advice to travel to luton airport from dublin, but the question i have is...what would you recommend considering i have kids and a evening match as the best place to stay ie, a hotel near the ground or travel into london after match, or a hotel near the airport, i arrive in luton on match day about 10am, any advice regarding above and the best recommended travel to ground,...bus? train? tubes, taxi,
    many thanks

As regards to the best way to travel in, I'd say the train from Luton to King Cross and then the tube to either Seven sisters or Tottenham Hale.

As regards the accommodation, I can't help you there pal other then saying I'd avoid the cheap hotels around Finsbury Park, unless you don't mind sharing with ladies of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd second Rich's comments re. Finsbury Park.

There is a Jury's Inn in Islington (Goon territory though) which is nice.

You should try look at a Travelodge or Holiday Inn at Kings Cross which would leave you right beside the train station for the journey back the day after, or a short walk donw Euston Road towards Euston Station.

Or have a think about the Holiday Inn right beside Luton Airport, there are trains running from Kings Cross (St Pancras Domestic) right up until after midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

won't think bout saying near the ground or anywhere up that direction. there's a premier travel inn and a travelodge both right next to Euston station which would be fine for an overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 truebluespur

Thanks lads for all the replies, i think i'll take the advice of staying near kings cross, as i can brink the kids around london for a few hours, then as you say theres a train service that will bring me towards the ground.

one other thing....should i prepay online for the train tickets, as i'm told its much cheaper than paying on the day?, or is there a (all travel pass) you can buy that covers train bus and tube?

Cant wait for the city match, hope we can carry some of the form of last week against wigan, i know its a different ball game altogether against city, but if we are injury free, and crossing fingers and toes that modric will be back, should be a great game especially with the evening kick-off, teriffic athmosphere for the kids to remember

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

one other thing....should i prepay online for the train tickets, as i'm told its much cheaper than paying on the day?, or is there a (all travel pass) you can buy that covers train bus and tube?

There is no point in advance purchase of your Luton-Kings X ticket as there are no cheap options, an adult return is £20.50.

For your London transport, you'll need a separate travelcard to cover you for whatever zones you will be travelling in, that can be used on bus/underground/train within the zones you pay for.

Look here for more info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement