Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone recommendation please?

• 26-11-2009 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi all, want to upgrade from my (very) old but reliable Sony Ericsson W200, so am looking for phone recommendations please :)

features:
    *Must have an MP3 player. That's the one feature I don't want to compromise on.
    *would like a decent enough camera (hoping for circa 3MP or higher if possible given the camera feature on my current phone is pretty abysmal).
    *wifi would be a great bonus but not completely essential given my budget is not massive.
    *decent enough memory (or the option to expand with a card), nothing humongous just want to be able to store a few MP3s.
    *would like USB connectivity also as i find it easier to move MP3s from my laptop to phone this way.

form:
    not picky, am open to touchscreen, slider, candybar, whatever model comes closest to matching as many of the features as outlined above (although my head has been turned somewhat by the samsung tocco lite touchscreen).

operator:
    Am currently on O2 prepay, so would like to stick with 02 given most of my friends and family are also O2, but willing to port my number over if there's a spiffing deal to be had with one of the other networks!

price range:
    circa 150 euro, willing to push it to 200 if wifi is an option on a model over the 150 mark.

Am open to all suggestions, have been looking at a range of phones but just can't decide which one would be the best fit. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Nokia 5800 / 5530 fits the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I'd be inclined to suggest the 5800 over the 5530 due to lack of 3G.

xanthor wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to suggest the 5800 over the 5530 due to lack of 3G.

Yes I know what you mean, I just suggested the two as he mightened need 3G :) 5800 comes with a better retail pack though afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

thanks for the suggestions guys, although it looks like the 5800 is a bit out of my pricerange if I stick with O2 (coming in at 249 euro on prepay so a tad too much for my budget). Am taking a good look at the 5530 right now, cheers! Seems to be a good bet.

If anyone else has any other suggestions, all are gratefully accepted, I tend to hold onto phones for about 2-3 years so want to get something I'll be happy to keep using for a while :)

If you can stretch I reckon the 5800 will suit you mate - it also has excellent battery life and feels quite solid in hand imo. Also the new FW update has kinetic scrolling etc and its fast enough. I think its a good buy, had mine for 3 days, the only reason I sold it is because I got a very good deal on it.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement