Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Gmail problem

• 26-11-2009 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Folks,

Having some internet trouble this evening. Can't load Gmail at all on this computer (on a MacBook 10.4.11 using Firefox/Safari) - wont even go as far as the screen that lets me enter my username/password. same thing happens when I go to log into iGoogle...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Is it the same story for other Google services/apps? For example, Google Calendar, the Google search engine, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 harpskid

The search engine is working okay, but the calendar, docs etc all seem to be having the same difficulty as Gmail...

Aaaaggggghhhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 harpskid

Also it's the same on other web browsers on this machine. God this is irritating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I'll be honest with you: I have no idea what could be wrong except that you've got some setting that makes your browser 'not like' these particular Google services. What's your browser security level at?

Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Kevster wrote: »
    I'll be honest with you: I have no idea what could be wrong except that you've got some setting that makes your browser 'not like' these particular Google services. What's your browser security level at?

Kevin

Have you tried a restart........seriously......
    Also have you made any changes to anything, software (install config etc) hardware etc just before you started having the issues.
    You didnt say whether you were running xp or not.......
    If its a cross browser issue you'vemost likely got a virus, a firewall (on the PC or between you on the server) or a DNS/routing issue.
    Try a restart first though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Similiar issue here:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=565707
    Looked like something of a DNS issue there......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

My dns was acting up tonight and yesterday, reconnecting on the main router page fixed it.

start, run, then type "cmd" hit return, a blackbox opens
    in there type "ipconfig"
    find the "gateway" address. something like (but may be different) 192.168.1.254
    open your internet browser and put the number, with full stops, of your gate way address.
    on the page that appears click the "restart connection" button.

also on that page it should list your DNS server addresses, mine were showing as "not available" before the reboot, and showed up ok afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

EL_Loco wrote: »
    My dns was acting up tonight and yesterday, reconnecting on the main router page fixed it.

start, run, then type "cmd" hit return, a blackbox opens
    in there type "ipconfig"
    find the "gateway" address. something like (but may be different) 192.168.1.254
    open your internet browser and put the number, with full stops, of your gate way address.
    on the page that appears click the "restart connection" button.

also on that page it should list your DNS server addresses, mine were showing as "not available" before the reboot, and showed up ok afterwards.

A quicker way is to visit www.routerlogin.com works on most routers, it will redirect to your routers config page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

Stee wrote: »
    A quicker way is to visit www.routerlogin.com works on most routers, it will redirect to your routers config page.

:) what if your DNS doesn't resolve that address correctly? handy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭corkie

Login via
    http://m.gmail.com [GMail Mobile version]
    as suggested here: -
    http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-to-fix-gmail-login-problems.html

I had similar problem and still experiencing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement