Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Black Friday''

Options
  • 26-11-2009 4:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Will UCD student cards be required to get into the Student Bar on Friday, the last day of term? I plan on bringing in friends who aren't in the college.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Almost certainly, there's usually bouncers on the door for big nights. You can sign in one guest on your card though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

More importantly, are they still doing pints for €3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 gravensteen

I thought Fosters went up to €3.30.
    Bastids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I thought Fosters went up to €3.30.
    Bastids.
    It's been €3.80 since the start of term I thought?

€3 drinks tomorrow would be fantastic. It wassn't for Deadmau5 though and that was a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Jello wrote: »
    It's been €3.80 since the start of term I thought?

€3 drinks tomorrow would be fantastic. It wassn't for Deadmau5 though and that was a Friday.

Black Friday isnt really an event though, it's just drinking (Well an event, but not something ticketed).

I have the trout report to do, no drinking for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Yeah you'll need a student card. That is if you can get in at all. Was absolutely jammers last year.

Fosters? Eww... Cheeky naggin ftw.

Fad wrote: »
    Black Friday isnt really an event though, it's just drinking (Well an event, but not something ticketed).

Yeah I suppose, I just thought they might push up the prices so they can make more money because there'll be a big crowd.

Have to do my trout report too, I probably won't end up submitting it until 11:59pm on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Why is it "black friday"? Wasnt "black monday" because going back to college was "a dark day"?

I would call this "****ing lovely juicy golden crimbo friday".

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Why is it "black friday"? Wasnt "black monday" because going back to college was "a dark day"?

I would call this "****ing lovely juicy golden crimbo friday".
    Something to do with this I'd imagine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28partying%29

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Fad wrote: »

I feel your pain! I hate trout!:mad:

Not going to stop me going out though!;)

• Advertisement

No €3 drinks but was still fun. Place was PACKED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Jello wrote: »
    No €3 drinks but was still fun. Place was PACKED!

What happened the much publicised e3 drinks every fri and mon in the student bar? They were doing it at the beginning of term anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 36 timo87

Supply and Demand I would imagine, they probably felt they could get away with higher prices on Friday.

Pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

anyone know if its 3 euro drinks ever again on fridays or whats up?
    Place was packed! anyone notice one of the earlier dj's repeating the same songs.. twice? :rolleyes:

Advertisement