Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Class Match Thread Arsenal -v- Chelsea Sunday 4PM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

Ah great goal the masters teach the kids :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Keeper caught at his near side again just like against Ronaldo.

NOTHING has changed. We were fooled. This is still the same team that cant defend for ****. Sure we'll be the lower teams but against the big boys NOT A CHANCE.

Roll on city on Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

awful goalkeeping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

adox wrote: »
    Terrible from the keeper.

To be fair it came at him with some pace. His positioning was all wrong though in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

wouldnt be surprised if chelsea win everything this year! drogba is the best striker in the world on this form

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Pighead wrote: »
    It's a fair point CHD. I admit, I hadn't considered the whole hustle angle. Fair enough so. Chelsea to win 3-0.
    See Pighead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Shocking from Arsenal. No backbone in their squad and same old same from Wenger. Drogba as much as i dislike him is in the same class as Torres. Simply awesome. Chelsea to walk the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I feel sorry for Fabregas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Mightily impressive Chelsea. They are so good at the back.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Get in. 5 points clear. Arsenal beaten 3-0 at the Emirates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote: »
    It's a fair point CHD. I admit, I hadn't considered the whole hustle angle. Fair enough so. Chelsea to win 3-0.
    Once CHD let me know that Chelsea have been hustling in their recent away games it was pretty obvious that todays match was gonna be a 3-0 stroll in the park. Nice call Pighead.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

****ing buzzing after that. :D

Full time.

Chelsea are just different class this year so far... apart from that little hiccup against Wigan.

4 attempts at goal from Arsenal I think overall. Poor poor performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Arsenal were simply bludgeoned into submission. Very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Whats the story with Arshavin? Not the same player that I thought Arsenal bought last year.

Maybe it's just frustration on my part but I really dont think he's worth his place at the moment.:mad: Looks like he couldn't really care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Whats the story with Arshavin? Not the same player that I thought Arsenal bought last year.

Maybe it's just frustration on my part but I really dont think he's worth his place at the moment.:mad: Looks like he couldn't really care less.

i think he has some serious attitude problems..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Men against boys - Arsenal never looked like winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Headshot wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Fabregas

Really? I feel sorry for the players who had to play with Fabregas today. He was atrocious

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Really? I feel sorry for the players who had to play with Fabregas today. He was atrocious
    Yup, him and Arshavin didn't show up.

I think differently. Some of the passes he picked out today where quite good. He was the best of a bad lot imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I thought Nasri was Arsenals best player today.Overall performance was poor.Hope this isn't the start of a rut.Novemeber is nearly over so fingers crossed!

That_Guy wrote: »
    I think differently. Some of the passes he picked out today where quite good. He was the best of a bad lot imo.

Thought Nasri stood out as our best player

He was the same against Man U in the semi's last season. He's easily bullied out of a game. Has his head been turned by Barca?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Bandit12 wrote: »
    He was the same against Man U in the semi's last season. He's easily bullied out of a game. Has his head been turned by Barca?

No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Arsenal where robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Has his head been turned by Barca?

You should get a job writing for the Sun. He has a bad game = he wants to leave the club.

RasTa wrote: »
    Arsenal where robbed.
    How so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Arsenal where robbed.

I hope this is some sort of unfunny joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Arsenal where robbed.

Robbed of any chance to even trouble Cech :D

• Advertisement

You should get a job writing for the Sun. He has a bad game = he wants to leave the club.
    Yeah because i'm making that judgement on this one game alone :rolleyes:

Arsenal where robbed.
    Sure they where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Arsenal where robbed.
    Those Liverpudlian thieves have made there way to london!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Arsenal now 8 points behind the leaders. Gona need to do something in January I think to deal with Van Persie not being available, they are a different side without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont know where you came up with that conclusion

for me he was Arsenal's best player today, just a pity the strike force was ****e today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Brilliant result today. Defensively solid, attacking well... Even when possession crept into the 30% range for Chelsea, Arsenal just lacked the killer instinct.

Arsenal can cruise past teams like Wolves, Hull, etc.

The three biggest games they've played this season against Man City, Man Utd and now Chelsea, they've lost.

Chelsea can take extreme confidence from this now. Played Liverpool, United, Arsenal and beaten all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sure they where.

So says Arsene
    Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on Andrei Arshavin's disallowed goal in his side's 3-0 defeat by Chelsea: "The referee cancelled a goal and nobody understands why. What is he doing? I watched it five times and nobody touches Cech - he lets the ball down, we score and he (Marriner) cancels the goal. If you watch it, it's a Chelsea player who does it - Eduardo is behind the ball. I think that was a very big turning point in the game today."

So says Arsene
    Oh, well then.. He rarely moans and bithces.

Lol don't know how anyone can say Arsenal were robbed.

We were shíte almost to a man.

So says Arsene
    Please tell me your joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I still think that Wenger's approach to defeat is the wrong one. While Fergie and Mourinho alternate between blaming the ref/weather/whatever, sometimes they just come out and say, they were the better team. It depends on the loss, and each response has a different effect.

Wenger comes out always and blames it on something. It's extremely rare he will accept he was bested, which Arsenal were tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

PHB wrote: »
    I still think that Wenger's approach to defeat is the wrong one. While Fergie and Mourinho alternate between blaming the ref/weather/whatever, sometimes they just come out and say, they were the better team. It depends on the loss, and each response has a different effect.

Wenger comes out always and blames it on something. It's extremely rare he will accept he was bested, which Arsenal were tonight.

Especially when he is wrong about the incident he speaks off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

He did against Sunderland, no different to Fergie imo and other managers who don't see incidents in matches but who don't get stick for saying they did not see things.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

We're brutal in the big games. No balls and guts but no complaints with anything in the game. Ref was good, not much diving or bad fouls.

Fair play to Chelsea. They deserved it.

Pitty we don't have a player that will shoot instead of trying to dance his way into the goals. Then maybe we'd put up a fight.

Chelsea will win the league. Class team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I don't think we were shíté but, I certainly don't think we were robbed either. We didn't look anywhere near as dangerous as Chelsea going forward today. I was very disappointed with the first 2 goals, a hint of luck in both of them I feel but, Chelsea were just far, far, far too strong for us today and deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah, a strange case this. Based on the final third of last season, it seemed as though he was going to be amazing this season.

I put a bet (albeit, a very small one) on him to be this season's top scorer. I will not be seeing that money back at all. Strange transformation for the worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

He does but, if he feels the ref has made a mistake which may (may not) have changed the game he'll never just accept the defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭dazzday

Men Vs Boys

Sums it up perfectly.

Time for a radical overhaul Arsene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Patience is the key. Arsenal are going in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Great result for us today, I thought we fully deserved it, soaked up the Arsenal pressure. OIt would have been a different game if they had RVP and Daiby fit IMO but still I would be confident we could have still got the points.

About the goal, if Wenger cant see the high leg on a keeper thats 6'5 and has the ball at his chest then he has got serious eye sight problems, couple that with what I beleived to be a handball on the edge of the box by the player that played it back across, think it was Nasri it was no goal, good finish though.

Arsenal will be back but at the moment Chelsea are playing aswell as they ever have.

Advertisement