Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow showers Sunday Night/Monday 29th-30th Decmber 09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Decent sprinkling over the Comeraghs here in Waterford

likewise croghan mt about 7 miles inland west of Arklow and circa 2000ft asl is white this morning.

I can't see lug as it's shrouded in cloud but I can see croghan moira which is a couple of hundred feet higher than croghan but has no snow.
    It's a good bit further north.
    It was sleeting wetly and heavily here last night around midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

There is a nice covering of snow on the mountains in Kerry today, especially on the reeks. Any chance of lower level snow this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Met Eireann weather report 15:00hrs

GURTEEN(A) SE 04 SNOW SHOWER 1 99 Trace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 patrick ryan

is it spost to snow tonite

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Snow on Mt Leinster and a spattering on Croghan.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

:)its 0 celcus in dublin

whats the weather for tonite

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

:)its 0 celcus in dublin

its -2c here i hope we get a really good strong frost tonight!!!!!!:) i wonder if we could get a hoar frost..... EDIT: i hope so its really foggy you can hardly see the house across the road the visibility must be 50metres now!

its only 3 celcus here,,do you tink were goin to get snow tonite
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Loking at the radar it seems likely that only southern coastal counties will get precipitation tonight, and thats going to be rain.
    Temp here is falling and DP was rising but falling now too but I dont think we will see any precip and even if we do I think the DP will rise.
    Snow for the mountain areas of the south only i think tonight.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

will limerick get snow the galties are full of snow today...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Supercell wrote: »
    Loking at the radar it seems likely that only southern coastal counties will get precipitation tonight, and thats going to be rain.
    Temp here is falling and DP was rising but falling now too but I dont think we will see any precip and even if we do I think the DP will rise.
    Snow for the mountain areas of the south only i think tonight.

Eastern areas will get precipitation too. No chance of snow, though - this cold is artificial (it's the fog thats keeping the temps low). Once the precip arrives temps will go up (I expect 4 degrees and light rain in the Dublin area).

:eek:den wat do we need for it to snow
    im kind of new to dis so wil u explain it in english

patneve wrote: »
    Eastern areas will get precipitation too. No chance of snow, though - this cold is artificial (it's the fog thats keeping the temps low). Once the precip arrives temps will go up (I expect 4 degrees and light rain in the Dublin area).

Not here it aint...no fog..but I do live on the side of a mountain (Scarr), currently 2.1°C and falling despite being cloudy. I think its going to be dry here tonight, tomorrow night is when the cold air proper is here, hopefully will get some showers of the Irish sea then. I wouldn't mind a snow day off work!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

:mad:its snowing in offly and laois

:mad:its snowing in offly and laois
    Eh, I dont think so, proof?

:rolleyes:on met eireann website it says its snowing in offly and laois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

:rolleyes:on met eireann website it says its snowing in offly and laois
    Well a can assure you it's not snowing here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

A while ago 'Gurteen' had a snow shower (on met.ie website), now 'snow grains'. Where is Gurteen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

on met eireann its been snowing in gurteen (lightly) for last 2 hours

system admin
    http://weathergossip.com

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

patneve wrote: »
    A while ago 'Gurteen' had a snow shower (on met.ie website), now 'snow grains'. Where is Gurteen?

theres a gurteen in sligo

offaly i tink ju tink limerick will drop to minus 0 tonite

It's probably freezing fog in Gurteen, its not snowing there.
    The only place likely to be snowing in Ireland right now is the Comeragh mountains in Waterford (sorry if the spelling is wrong Waterford ppl).

alright......we will se how the nite unfolds hopefuly we might get sume show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

maybe but i doubt it, here its getting colder its -2.1c or something and freezing fog and were the coldest place on metoffice we havnt had sunshine or been above -0c all day!!!! i wish it would stay like this tomorrow and all next week so any snow would lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

seriously snowy sky over Bray - you know that weird whitey one. DP currently 1.6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 glynn888

Well thism morning Mount Leinster and the Blackstairs had a good blanket of snow covering them fro about 400 meters up , cloud rolled at about 10:30 and I havnt seen the mountains since , but it hasnt got above 2 all day here so I say the mountains still have a good bit of snow left on them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its nice and cold in Newbridge now ,

-0.1 temp and dp -0.9 all we need now is some precipitation

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Before this thread looses the plot - and people start getting dissapointed - I really would not get your hopes up for any snow! The exception being the mountains.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement