Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow showers Sunday Night/Monday 29th-30th Decmber 09

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 patrick ryan

its 2 celcus and geting colder were spost to get rain tonite mabe we might get snow

Supercell wrote: »
    It's probably freezing fog in Gurteen, its not snowing there.
    The only place likely to be snowing in Ireland right now is the Comeragh mountains in Waterford (sorry if the spelling is wrong Waterford ppl).
    Keep an eye on your dp up there as that precip in the south irish sea is probably going to bend into wicklow giving mountain wet snow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

well heres proof that we arnt gonna really get any snow here as its -2.7c here and tis raining very lightly... sighes the temps will go up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

temps wil rise somewhat in precip areas later.sleet/snow on high ground

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

redsunset wrote: »

Agreed. +2.1c here now (up from +1.5c earlier) and DP +1.5c. Still probably worth a trip up to the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains tomorrow.

• Advertisement

are we geting snow tonite anyware

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

redsunset wrote: »

No idea of the exact temps, but its got (or at least feels) a lot milder here in the past hour. Light drizzle now. South Kilkenny/Carlow border.

it has being raining all week..now when we need rain to fall for snow

Duiske wrote: »
    No idea of the exact temps, but its got (or at least feels) a lot milder here in the past hour. Light drizzle now. South Kilkenny/Carlow border.

same here i hope it isnt warmer though when i check the meto latest reports or ill go mad since its been below 0c all day!it would be a shame if it was, nah i think itll be 1c or something because its raining again....:mad:

will you check for me wat tempeture is limerick tanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Temps rising here but we just had a heavy freak shower! Wasn't expecting it at all! Must be a rogue one in off the sea.

sorry i ment met office but yea ill check on met ie for you ok

did it snow in the freak shower ??

did it snow in the freak shower ??

no i doubt it because it was neaarly -3c here then it rained/sleeted and it is now -1.7c:mad: but the shower is clearing so hopefully itll not rise anymore it might have snowed up the mountains (500mmtrs) so maybe it wouldve lied there....

ITS SNOWING HERE ATLAST..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

DP 1.3 in Sligo

Gurteen is in tipperary. Theres one in Sligo but the met eireann one is in Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

ITS SNOWING HERE ATLAST..............................

Wheres there Patrick?

yes what area do you live in??

No snow in my freak shower. Temps were around 3deg with a similar DP at the time. It was very heavy rain however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

ok strange one can someone explain please ?

DP 2.8 Temp. 4 now having thunder & lightening??????????????

• Advertisement

Actually I think my freak shower was the leading edge of the rain. The radar just wasn't up to date enough to spot it. Still raining here.

Lightening? Where are you Jenz?

yea jenzz you can get thunder snow so you can get it in rain....... according to accu weather its snowing and 0c in the town 3miles down the road from me which i think is lies considering i think it was sleety here and -1c..... squonk are you in portrush or portstewart?????? cuz if you are im ragin cuz i have more rain to wait for the temp to stop rising ugh........

lights threatening to go too

squonk wrote: »
    Lightening? Where are you Jenz?

bray - hate lightening & its bitter out

I'm in Skerries for the person who asked. Must pop out to see if I can spot any lightening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

hail,thunder and lightning!!

its 1 celcus its nearly 0..im positive were goin to get snow tonite met eireann said its over cast

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Wow - they getting with the times now ......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy rain now, not a hint of sleet in it, was foggy up to 10 minutes ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement