Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow showers Sunday Night/Monday 29th-30th Decmber 09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Zero Celsius and misty at the moment in Abbeyleix.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

same here -0.5c, temp rose in a sleet shower but i think its dropping now after the fog came in at last temps back down again hopefully.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

heavy hail stones in rathfarnham at the moment..... hope this is just the start..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Zero Celsius and misty at the moment in Abbeyleix.

0.4c down the road nr Durrow here. - www.laoisweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭shamrock321

Great news! I work at the airport and will have to put up with the Irish inability to deal with snow! So the snow is coming, could the airport authorities not be making the calls to have snow ploughs, extra de-icing equipment ready for Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Great news! I work at the airport and will have to put up with the Irish inability to deal with snow! So the snow is coming, could the airport authorities not be making the calls to have snow ploughs, extra de-icing equipment ready for Monday?

it won't snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

wind increasing,fog lifting as is temp,going to be no snow here :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

It has been sleeting for a good while in Newbridge ,

But the Temp has risen to 1.4 and dp is 0.9

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

there wont be measureable snow anywhere except maybe the highest mountain peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I'd say most of the sleet is coming from the last few dissapatin thunderest clouds passin by as the air in the clouds would be circualtin up at great heights .

But any low-cloud rain fronts passsin by will most likely just bring rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 patrick ryan

on the met eireann website it says its 1 celcus in shannon airport does dat mean its 1 celcus in limerick??

Would be fairly close Patrick, the UHI effect of the city could add 1c or 2c, but only in the really built up areas of the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Plenty of snow on the peaks in Kerry today. Was one of the very rare times when I wasn't in reach of a camera :mad: as the views were very nice indeed.

Didn't get up to any peaks, I was firmly at sea level for the day. Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

small fall of snow in stradbally co.laois in the past few mins

We need a different set up for REAL SNOW, what use is slush for a few minutes that will melt come morning?

Check out the for snow ^^ thats what we want! :) Can you believe that fell the day after I left Seattle :( sob sob

We need the lows to start coming in further south and also adjust the high to get some serious snow! When did we last get snow that lasted a full week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

My sister just rang me, she's just outside Abbeyleix, it's snowing down there ATM............

Rain here:eek:

its 1celcus in limerick...i hope it goes to 0....are we spost to get rain tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

nilhg wrote: »
    My sister just rang me, she's just outside Abbeyleix, it's snowing down there ATM............

Rain here:eek:

Where's Abbeyleix?

Snowing in Abbeyleix (County Laois) at the moment, car has a nice covering.

What part of Abbeyleix, the high ground out the Carlow road nr Spink or in the town?

• Advertisement

all i need now is some god dame rain im living in limerick

Abbeyleix - Ballyroan Road...about a 3/4 mile from the town. Sleet falling now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

The warm Irish Sea has a great say when at the beginning of winter (it is still warmish): temp up to 6 in Dublin Airport, almost 7 here at my location.

its 0 celcus in limerick......im hoping for snow to fall

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Snow about an hour and half ago, north Kilkenny hills near Freshford. Same as the Abbeyleix poster I guess. Snow had turned to slush and sleet now. Back in KK itself now and just rain here, snow/sleet only on higher ground.

we didnt even get rain...is limerick spost to get rain tonite??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Well done on all the snow. It was foggy all day in Sligo. Maxed out at 3.1 and went down to 0.1c now its 1.6 though and dp is up to 1.4c.

system admin
    http://weathergossip.com

well now the temps are upto 5c here after being -1c all day yesterday!!!!!!!! but still they are dropping very slowly after the front has passed through because this is too mild.... and netweather are still forecasting snow for here tonight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Iancar29 wrote: »
    WOO!

IM OFF ALL NEXT WEEK!

BRING ON THE SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :cool::D:cool::D

I DONT CARE IF I HAV TO GO UP THE MOUNTAINS! ha! :rolleyes:

I PREDICT.... Sunday nite....bout 2ish.... ye ill say we mite see something at tat time! :)
    God I hate this bloody weather

• Advertisement

God I hate this bloody weather

same here its 4.5c now but its wayy off what it should be aand its taking ages to drop ughh.... and its not even sleety rin its just heavy rain which is risig the temperature!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement