Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow showers Sunday Night/Monday 29th-30th Decmber 09

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

getting excited now as colder air is coming and undercutting this mild drab and tonight we are expecting 850s at -8c which is cold enough for snow its forecast too cnt wait to this cold -5c 850c come in a couple f hours!!!!!! 4.2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I dunno how it isn't snowing in Cork
    Temp of 4C which feels like about -25 in a gale force wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I dunno how it isn't snowing in Cork
    Temp of 4C which feels like about -25 in a gale force wind

That'd be the wind chill effect, man. :cool:

yes and in cork you wont get cold uppers to 3am or so so youll miss out on most of the snow if we even get any lol.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 patrick ryan

its very cold out today......but dats probly the wind.anybody get snow lastnite??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Snow in Johnstown, Kilkenny County last night...

whats the weather like for tonite?????

whats the weather like for tonite?????

cold and frosty snow showerss hopefully in the north.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Flooding in Sallins Kildare,houses flooded.Our national weather forecast not very accurate,is it!!!!!

no not at all the metoffice for here is even worse they are forecasting 9c for here for today lol..... i follow the nw forecasts cuz they are best they are forecasting snow for here tonight since all week well see...... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

holly1 wrote: »
    Flooding in Sallins Kildare,houses flooded.Our national weather forecast not very accurate,is it!!!!!
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055754613

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Djouce in Wicklow got some snow last night. Although id say it wont last long as there is alot of rain up there now, and even some flooding!

whats the latest forcst for munster tonite??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

wats the latest on the weather????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

wats the latest on the weather????
    Still cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Pressure is rising rapidly, I doubt there will be any showers tomorrow... 1005hPa out west in Belmullet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

cold today max of 4c with sunshine which is hard to beat and a min of -6c!!!!!!

I can see lugnaquilla from here and it's plastered in snow from top to bottom.
    It looks like several inches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

It's like a vehicle graveyard here in south donegal. Lorry off road in Ballyshannon. Van and 2 cars off road in Laghey. Lorry, bus and at least 3 cars at mountcharles. Pickup truck in ditch in Barnesmore Gap. Roads are like skating rinks in all these areas. Light rain showers in Ballybofey area and right now in Lifford blindingly bright sunshine. Take care on the roads folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

This cold snap will be coming to an end tomorrow, looks like we could see a brief spell of snow according to met.

Met eireann.
    Tonight
    Rain reaching the west and southwest later tonight and extending countrywide during the morning - will turn heavy in places, and could be preceded by snow, especially on mountains.
    Tomorrow
    Cloudy, wet and windy for part at least of the day tomorrow - some heavy bursts of rain in places, some initial snow possible also (mainly on mountains).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

This could be epic lads. What do the experts think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Well i had savage big snowflakes saturday night before it turned to rain as the milder air took over. so yes same will probably happen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Tis Baltic down in newbridge, 0.6 c and dp of -1.5 but it feels a hell of a lot colder,pulled in at two and went back out at 6 and had frost on my windows !!! Just arrived in clondalkin and the car temp is showing 3c, I'm looking forward to playing ball in this !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Surprised it is so quiet on here. Though Snowbie and Darkman would be on here.

Rain into Kerry yet?

anybody get snow????/??/:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Have a look at the radar lads, there is no precip out there, it will be moving in from the west between 1am and 2am, the band of precip will be moderate to heavy rain and will last about 10 to 12 hours. The leading edge of the band may bring sleet/snow to high ground.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

its very cold tonite with the rain were shure to get snow......wat do u tink???/:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

AND IT BEGINS!
    Web_radar.gif

COME ON PEOPLE!, IF WE WISH HARD ENOUGH IT WILL BE SNOW!! ha :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement