Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-applying..??

Options
  • 26-11-2009 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey, I was wondering if anbody knows what the procedure for re-applying via the cao after first year is? I assume that i register etc as normal on the cao website, maybe tick a different box or some such, butt when i get offered a new course, and if i decide NOT to take it, is my status in my currant course affected or can a just carry on to 2nd year?... Or am i required to actually drop out so i CAN re-apply...?
    Any info mucho appreciated, cant get onto cao website fo some reason...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm pretty sure you have to officially drop out.
    If you're planning on completing first year though, you should see about just transferring to a different course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bloodmager

Vamp wrote: »
    Hey, I was wondering if anbody knows what the procedure for re-applying via the cao after first year is? I assume that i register etc as normal on the cao website, maybe tick a different box or some such, butt when i get offered a new course, and if i decide NOT to take it, is my status in my currant course affected or can a just carry on to 2nd year?... Or am i required to actuall y drop out so i CAN re-apply...?
    Any info mucho appreciated, cant get onto cao website fo some reason...:confused:

I don't think you have to. you can just apply through CAO for the course while finishing your first year. If you get an offer and you really want to go for it then you tell UCD to drop out. IF you don;t get the offer then u can just keep going for the second year

Advertisement