Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In the Well: JizzLord

• 26-11-2009 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

Now, all the way from the West Coast - Galways that is, a young man who shall shed some light on his satorial choices. Ladies, Gentlemen, Heresssss Jizzlord.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Moderators priviledge of asking the first question.
    Would you concider yourself a dedicated follower of fashion or do you prefer to walk the path less trodden? in other words are you one of the sheeple or a black sheep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Galway eh? What do you make of the trends you see daily on shop street..do you agree there has been an explosion of indie style in the past few years and what do you make of it? Im always hearing that Galway is rubbish for mens shoes and clothes: do you shop locally or online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

OldGoat wrote: »
    Moderators priviledge of asking the first question.
    Would you concider yourself a dedicated follower of fashion or do you prefer to walk the path less trodden? in other words are you one of the sheeple or a black sheep?

path less trodden. I;m not going to wear something just because it's hip

I remember a girl i know bitching about a serious lack of non pointy shoes. if all there was available was pointy shoes that'd be all you could get and the sales of pointy shoes would be high, therefore more pointy ones would be available etc.

I'm not going to wear what's simply available just because it's "in"

Galway eh? What do you make of the trends you see daily on shop street..do you agree there has been an explosion of indie style in the past few years and what do you make of it? Im always hearing that Galway is rubbish for mens shoes and clothes: do you shop locally or online?

I doubt Galway is much different to any large town in terms of trends. but in regards to your question on indie style i'd put that down to the amount of students. Though there are a surprising amount of crusties about the town.

Regarding shopping for men, galway is terrible. I'm from sligo and there is a lot more variety in shops there. Born has some nice stuff but it's pricey (is it still open?) and Origin beside the charcoal grill have nice stuff but again it's a bit expensive. I've bought jeans and stuff in ryans and cant realy fault the place but in reality unless you want to spend less than them places you're stuck with topman.

I've bought jeans and the odd shirt or two in topman but nearly every time i go in there i leave disgusted. too much "random" crap at silly prices.

I buy a lot of my clothes in sligo or online, though with the arrival of tkmaxx to galway i think things are looking up. i've picked up plenty of gems in the sligo branch and i got a lovely pair of ben sherman jeans in tkmaxx in galway recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

What 3 words do you feel would best describe your own style?

How do you feel about the new Jedward style that is apparently going to take the Irish cities by storm (TV3's Exposes words, not mine)

Any actor/celeb style that would inspire you?

As a fellow Sligonian, would you agree that people seem to dress up alot more for nights out here than in the larger towns/cities. Do you think this is a good thing or is comfort more important?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Do you use male grooming products?! I mean, do you cleanse, tone and moisturise etc? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Born has some nice stuff but it's pricey (is it still open?)

Closed down and re-opened with much cheaper brands. Got a great vero moda dress in a few weeks ago.

Favourite brand of clothing

Where do you get your essentials (socks and jocks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

If your wardrobe was burning to the ground what one item would you save? And why?

If you were given a grand to spend on clothes would you buy a couple of designer pieces or loads of high street?

Do you buy into the whole metrosexual craze and would you wear guyliner or manscara?

Football jerseys? Yay or nay?

Novella wrote: »
    Do you use male grooming products?! I mean, do you cleanse, tone and moisturise etc? :)

No

What 3 words do you feel would best describe your own style?

Comfortable
    Casual
    Mine
    How do you feel about the new Jedward style that is apparently going to take the Irish cities by storm (TV3's Exposes words, not mine)

They look disgraceful, And while i havent seen any lads trying to copy their hair yet, it's only a matter of time
    Any actor/celeb style that would inspire you?

Not really
    As a fellow Sligonian, would you agree that people seem to dress up alot more for nights out here than in the larger towns/cities. Do you think this is a good thing or is comfort more important?

In sligo when places like envy and toffs make lads wear shoes that forces a bit of dressing up, from experience girls dress up everywhere

• Advertisement

What look do you like on a girl. And what could you not forgive a girl for wearing?

Closed down and re-opened with much cheaper brands. Got a great vero moda dress in a few weeks ago.

Favourite brand of clothing

Where do you get your essentials (socks and jocks)

Favourite brand?

Volcom or DC

essentials:
    i get my socks in outdoor shops, years of scouts mean i know the value of a good pair, also non white socks only, i think they look awful. in terms of jocks, bog standard boxer shorts from next

Emmsy wrote: »
    If your wardrobe was burning to the ground what one item would you save? And why?

My longish Black jacket. bought it in tkmaxx 2 years ago. it's a black wool overcoat that goes mid thigh. It looks great with everything, casual or formal and it's such a classic look that it'll not go out of style (not that i care)
    that, or my cheesy Hawaiian shirts :D
    If you were given a grand to spend on clothes would you buy a couple of designer pieces or loads of high street?

lots of bits and bobs on the high street or the internet, I only push the boat out once in a blue moon and what i would buy then would be something long lasting such as a good pair of hiking boots or a good Waterproof jacket
    Do you buy into the whole metrosexual craze and would you wear guyliner or manscara?

Not at all
    Football jerseys? Yay or nay?

In the right setting yes, but generally no. i've my old sligo gaal jersey in the wardrobe but it barely gets use.

What look do you like on a girl. And what could you not forgive a girl for wearing?

I look good on a girl, ie, i don't look like scum and i'm not more dressed up than one.

I don't know what i couldn't forgive. there are far too many items of clothes that i hate

Bump!

Anyone else got questions for me?

Favourite item of clothing?

Most expensive item?

What would you give a girl as a gift (clothes or beuty wise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Do you think your hairstyle has changed at all over the years - compared to your wardrobe?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Is there a pink shirt lurking in your wardrobe .... :D I always have to ask men that! & why do men always say "it's not pink ........ it's salmon"

Generally if it isn't a pink one it's the old Tablecloth/curtain style one back from the craze in 04.

Favourite item of clothing?

Most expensive item?

What would you give a girl as a gift (clothes or beuty wise)

Favourite item of clothing? A volcom hoodie i got on ebay last year.

My most expensive item of clothes at the moment is my €300 the north face gore-tex jacket. It's paid for itself at this stage with the amount of use i've got out of it

Gift, it'd all depend
    Cork_girl wrote: »
    Do you think your hairstyle has changed at all over the years - compared to your wardrobe?!

My hair has barely changed in years, i keep it longish, and have done so for the last 5 years
    Is there a pink shirt lurking in your wardrobe .... :D I always have to ask men that! & why do men always say "it's not pink ........ it's salmon"

Generally if it isn't a pink one it's the old Tablecloth/curtain style one back from the craze in 04.

No pink shirts, no table cloth shirts. I do have a couple of dodgy Hawaiian shirts though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Thank you JizzLord for your contribuations.
    I may have to compair online websites with you for Aloha shirts as I am in need of a new crop of them.
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement