Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threads getting closed

Options
  • 26-11-2009 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Im new to boards.ie and have tried starting a number of threads relating to Garda discourtesy and whether the Garda Ombudsman is a waste of time for such complaints. Can you please direct me to which forum this thread is acceptable / relevant and will not be closed as the thread has already been closed in both After Hours & Emergency Services. If this topic of discussion is deemed unsuitable for boards.ie can you please explain why and if so what then is the point of such sensored fora.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Have you contacted the moderators of the forums in question as per the dispute resolution procedure? You can find their names at the bottom-right of each forum.

If not, that is what you need to do first.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Tom, this is not a dispute, the OP is simply asking where he can post his query since neither ES or AH are suitable places.

I would suggest Humanities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chatterboks

Mods of both forums claim that the thread is not suitable for their forums, which per subjective forum guidelines is acceptable because it is the mods opinion. Yes I have queried both moderators. My opinion is different and what Im looking for from the help desk is guidance on the most appropriate forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If this topic of discussion is deemed unsuitable for boards.ie can you please explain why and if so what then is the point of such sensored fora.

Be careful about throwing around accusations of censorship. Take some time to look around the site to get a feel for what is and is not acceptable.
    psni wrote: »
    Tom, this is not a dispute, the OP is simply asking where he can post his query since neither ES or AH are suitable places.

I would suggest Humanities.

Ok, I see.

I am not so sure Humanities would be the best place, either, to be honest.
    which per subjective forum guidelines is acceptable because it is the mods opinion.

Yes, and mods are trusted to run their respective forums as the community sees fit. If the mods of particular forums determine that threads are not acceptable, well that's their prerogative.
    My opinion is different and what Im looking for from the help desk is guidance on the most appropriate forum.

I honestly don't know where it would fit.

I would have thought the ES forum would be the best place, but given that it is expressly forbidden in the charter, I understand why it was closed.

Advertisement