Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork CHRISTMAS BEERS! 18th December!

Options
  • 26-11-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Well it has come time to organise our Christmas piss-up meetup!

Please pick a date in the poll and the most popular wins! There are lots of dates to choose from which may seem extreme but from past experience there are two types of people; those who hate last minute beers and those who hate having to wait for weeks for them!

So vote vote vote!

Use this thread to bring up your ideas / suitable places.

Non-drinkers, I'm more than happy to head somewhere else beforehand if you want to, pool, bowling, ice-skating etc (if you want to contact me anon then send me a private message).

Also, if anyone needs my number drop me a pm.

What date(s) suit you!! 96 votes

Tuesday 1st Dec
    0%
    Wednesday 2nd Dec
    2%
    deRanged54kroc 2 votes
    Thursday 3rd Dec
    2%
    deRangedWebmonkey 2 votes
    Friday 4th Dec
    6%
    deRangedWebmonkeymik_da_manitsallaboutheLmiss_shadowtommmy1979 6 votes
    Saturday 5th Dec
    11%
    BlitzkriegerdeRangedneonitrixWebmonkeyOwenGERMAN ROCKSmiss_shadowkingtuttommmy1979MissITheymate 11 votes
    Sunday 6th Dec
    6%
    mik_da_manOwenmiss_shadowkingtuttommmy1979nursemar88 6 votes
    Monday 7th Dec
    3%
    Koldmik_da_manOwen 3 votes
    Tuesday 8th Dec
    2%
    Owensammalone 2 votes
    Wednesday 9th Dec
    5%
    mik_da_manOwensammalonekingtutMissIT 5 votes
    Thursday 10th Dec
    5%
    WebmonkeyOwensammalonekingtutMissIT 5 votes
    Friday 11th Dec
    6%
    Webmonkeymik_da_manOwenkingtutMissITbabel2 6 votes
    Saturday 12th Dec
    5%
    Webmonkeymik_da_manParsleyGERMAN ROCKSMissIT 5 votes
    Sunday 13th Dec
    3%
    mik_da_manchucikingtut 3 votes
    Monday 14th Dec
    0%
    Tuesday 15th Dec
    3%
    deRangedsammalonekingtut 3 votes
    Wednesday 16th Dec
    3%
    deRangedsammalonekingtut 3 votes
    Thursday 17th Dec
    4%
    deRangedbeer enigmaWebmonkeykingtut 4 votes
    Friday 18th Dec
    8%
    deRangedWebmonkeyLia_liamik_da_manScrubsfanChrispearliefantommmy1979deisedude 8 votes
    Saturday 19th Dec
    17%
    deRangedWebmonkeymik_da_man440HzhunnymonstereoghandGERMAN ROCKSsmileysurferDonnaghmProfessey ChinPapa_LazarourebelbelleMissITKrustyUCCrockchikNoDiceSnesfan 17 votes
    I won't be in Cork over Christmas but have a good meet-up!
    5%
    mik_da_manpikachucheeksminidazzlerMissITshivvyban 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I just voted the 18th, because it's the week after the AH beers.

I will have to wait until closer to the that it is actually on til I know if I will go! :) But assuming I have money, I will!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I just voted the 18th, because it's the week after the AH beers.

I will have to wait until closer to the that it is actually on til I know if I will go! :) But assuming I have money, I will!! :)

Are you gonna be dressing up as a woman for this too?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Are you gonna be dressing up as a woman for this too?

No, I wouldn't do that in Cork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Hmm.. Strangely enough this might actually be the only beers I could possibly attend. Does it count if I'm not actually from Cork? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Saturday 19th Dec
    anything other than the 8th to the 11th suits me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thursday 17th Dec
    liah wrote: »
    Hmm.. Strangely enough this might actually be the only beers I could possibly attend. Does it count if I'm not actually from Cork? :eek:

Of course not, sure 90% of people in this forum are not from Cork (including me!), off the top of my head I cannot recall more than 2 native cork people being at any of the cork beers that I have organised!! Are you based in Cork these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Saturday 19th Dec
    Where do you usually go for the beers? - I change my vote! Up for any night as I live in town anyway! silly me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Saturday 19th Dec
    How I miss this tut. I've voted. Anytime does me really. Hopefully we can get loads of people to go now...

Webmonkey wrote: »
    How I miss this tut. I've voted. Anytime does me really. Hopefully we can get loads of people to go now...

Not a chance there will be a huge amount on the 4th. Much too close methinks! :(

Saturday 19th Dec
    Not a chance there will be a huge amount on the 4th. Much too close methinks! :(
    Yeah it is a bit soon alright thinking about it. Ah well, we'll see...

Even though xmas exams also start in colleges and other work parties might go on closer to xmas..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭julien69

Hey guys,thinking of heading along to this.Would it be ok to go on my own?

Saturday 19th Dec
    julien69 wrote: »
    Of course! - Most people go on their own anyways including me.

Give one of us a PM if you want to arrange something before hand.

Thursday 17th Dec

cool thanks

unfortunately the final date will not suit everyone but sure we will see...
    Yeah it is a bit soon alright thinking about it. Ah well, we'll see...

Even though xmas exams also start in colleges and other work parties might go on closer to xmas..

gotta go with the majority, more than happy to have a pre cork christmas beers though, a trial one perhaps ;)
    liah wrote: »

yay!! if you need my number / other details drop me a pm
    deRanged wrote: »
    anything other than the 8th to the 11th suits me.

did ya vote? thanks, hope to see you at it!
    NoDice wrote: »
    Where do you usually go for the beers? - I change my vote! Up for any night as I live in town anyway! silly me!

we will discuss it closer to the time, if you have any suggestions please speak up! me personally, ill go anywhere :D
    julien69 wrote: »

of course! you will not be the only person coming alone, feel free to send me a private message if you wish to exchange numbers. dont think i have seen you in this forum before, welcome!

Saturday 19th Dec
    I think I'm supposed be going to France or Germany one of these weeks. Think it 9th, dunno why. Fingers crossed it won't clash with the date chosen. I don't wanna miss this

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm up for this pretty much whenever. - Apart from the 4th (Work crimbo do)

Saturday 19th Dec
    Ah the 4th is next week :p - I'll still come though. Hope rest that said they would will also come, there will be trouble otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 heymate

Saturday 5th Dec
    Hey guys thinking of heading along to this too,Ive been been browsing boards for quite a while now but have only just registered as a user.Will there be many going and is the date and venue confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

Saturday 19th Dec
    I'm up for it anyway, weekends preferably but i suppose the pole will decide.......

Thursday 17th Dec
    heymate wrote: »
    Hey guys thinking of heading along to this too,Ive been been browsing boards for quite a while now but have only just registered as a user.Will there be many going and is the date and venue confirmed?

welcome to boards! not sure how many will go depends on the outcome of the poll. the date and venue is not yet confirmed but watch this space. please vote if you have not already done so :)

Saturday 19th Dec
    Snesfan wrote: »
    I'm up for it anyway, weekends preferably but i suppose the pole will decide.......
    Fridays are the best really alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Sunday 13th Dec
    sure ill pop along to this when the date is decided and even pop down from dublin.are we going doing the 12 pubs of xmas or just a few "quite" drinks?

Saturday 19th Dec
    chuci wrote: »
    sure ill pop along to this when the date is decided and even pop down from dublin.are we going doing the 12 pubs of xmas or just a few "quite" drinks?
    Good stuff!

Saturday 19th Dec

Well I'd be up for an all out October fest style thing but I don't know how these boards beers usually go?

Saturday 19th Dec
    Well I'd be up for an all out October fest style thing but I don't know how these boards beers usually go?
    They can get messy. You know well from the last when I couldn't get up until 3pm.

Thursday 17th Dec
    So...

9 people voted for the 4th, 12 for the 18th!

If you voted for either of those dates now is the time to confirm that you still want to go! If there is enough demand we will have christmas beers both nights, otherwise it looks like it will be on the 18th...

If you have not voted then please do so, all welcome!

Thursday 17th Dec

We'll decide closer to the time, however I can tell you now there is no such thing as a 'quiet' boards beers ;)

drink, chat, drink, chat, drinkkkkkk, chat, drink, chat slurred speech, etc etc
    They get messy. You know well from the last when I couldn't get up until 3pm.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Friday 18th Dec
    I can still make it on the 4th

Saturday 19th Dec
    I think I can make it all those days still. Thinking about it though, Fridays would be better as I need to go into work sober these days unfort.

Saturday 19th Dec
    I think I can make it all those days still. Thinking about it though, Fridays would be better as I need to go into work sober these days unfort.

Here Here! Preferably the 18th but I'll wander along to either I suppose.......

• Advertisement

I voted the 19th, but I will probably go on the 18th too! :)

Advertisement