Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork CHRISTMAS BEERS! 18th December!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Im working loads over the next few weeks so wont commit myself to any one day! If the day suits Ill be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Sunday 6th Dec
    i voted sat the 5th coz im not working sunday!! :):) well will the decision be made? like when is the poll finished??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Saturday 19th Dec
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    i voted sat the 5th coz im not working sunday!! :):) well will the decision be made? like when is the poll finished??
    The sooner the better

Sunday 6th Dec
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    The sooner the better

Actually i see the poll finishes on the 10th!

Saturday 19th Dec
    That's the first half of the poll out the door if we wait that long. Good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

Saturday 19th Dec

Which kind of makes the votes for anything before the 10th null and void...............

Sunday 6th Dec
    Snesfan wrote: »
    Which kind of makes the votes for anything before the 10th null and void...............

Yup! which sucks coz i voted for the 5th!

Saturday 19th Dec
    The 5th looks unlikely. You should have chosen the 18th! :pac:

Saturday 19th Dec

Well that was silly :p

Sunday 6th Dec
    Well that was silly :p

but as i said im not working the day after and i voted before i saw when the poll was up... obviously im not that dumb!! :)

• Advertisement

Sunday 6th Dec
    The 5th looks unlikely. You should have chosen the 18th! :pac:

But i probably won't be around that close to xmas... we'll have to wait and see...

Saturday 19th Dec
    But i probably won't be around that close to xmas... we'll have to wait and see...
    :( - but your from Cork!

Saturday 19th Dec
    but as i said im not working the day after and i voted before i saw when the poll was up... obviously im not that dumb!! :)

Well I wouldn't imply anything like that :rolleyes: ..................

It's true about the 18th being close to christmas, just means we'll be feeling the christmas cheer :D

Sunday 6th Dec
    :( - but your from Cork!

Aaaahh you see im not FROM Cork... im living here but im actually from Tipperary...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thursday 17th Dec
    tommmy1979 wrote: »
    I can still make it on the 4th

Cool
    I think I can make it all those days still. Thinking about it though, Fridays would be better as I need to go into work sober these days unfort.

+1 to that!
    Here Here! Preferably the 18th but I'll wander along to either I suppose.......

cool
    I voted the 19th, but I will probably go on the 18th too! :)

Will you be in drag? :pac:

The poll will end at 8pm on the 3rd of December, I have asked a moderator to change the date shown on the poll.

Thursday 17th Dec
    If you are new to these meetups and need a contact number please feel free to send me a private message and I'll give you a mine.

I always recommend getting someone's number before a meetup, unless you like wandering around asking randomers if they are from boards :pac:

Saturday 19th Dec
    kingtut wrote: »
    If you are new to these meetups and need a contact number please feel free to send me a private message and I'll give you a mine.

I always recommend getting someone's number before a meetup, unless you like wandering around asking randomers if they are from boards :pac:

Is embarrassing yourself infront of strangers asking are they board members half the appeal????? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Sunday 6th Dec
    this friday it is then?:D

Thursday 17th Dec
    Poll ends tomorrow, Wed at 8pm! Well un-officially unless the mod changes the end date as per my pending request.

Due to popular demand I think we might as well have two Christmas Beers

Christmas Beers Round 1 - Fri December 4th - People who voted:
    Blitzkrieger
    deRanged
    GERMAN ROCKS
    kingtut
    MissIT
    miss_shadow
    neonitrix
    PaintDoctor
    tommy1979
    Webmonkey

Christmas Beers Round 2 - Fri December 18th - People who voted:
    deRanged
    Donnaghm
    eoghand
    GERMAN ROCKS
    hunnymonster
    kingtut (didn't vote for it but I am now free!)
    mik_da_man
    MissIT
    NoDice
    Papa_Lazarou
    rebelbelle
    Snesfan
    Ultimate_Chin
    Webmonkey

If you are in the list for the 4th can you confirm that you are still going? I'll ask the same thing for the 18th closer to the time. Oh and now is the time to start suggesting venues and the meeting time. Around 8ish suits me and I'll go anywhere, I like the 12 christmas's idea that someone else came up with!

There are a number of other dates that 5/6 people have voted for, a lot of these people are new to the cork meetups, if you are one of those people and still want to head out one of the notes perhaps post it here and see who is still up for it? I wouldn't mind head ice skating some evening if anyone cares to join me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Friday 4th Dec
    bonjourno,

i'll probaby call in to ye on Friday.... i'll have to see how the funds are after tomorrow :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Saturday 5th Dec
    Still interested. Had gone off the idea because I was supposed to be going out Saturday, but it looks like that's going to fall through now :(

Saturday 19th Dec
    So we're going this coming Friday as well? - hmm I know tut I said no way I do both but to hell to it. If it going ahead Friday, there's good chance I'll attend. May stay in Cork over weekend anyways as got lots to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 heymate

Saturday 5th Dec
    Count me in as well for this friday

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MissIT

I won't be in Cork over Christmas but have a good meet-up!
    I can't make this friday im afraid but def the 18th :)

Sunday 6th Dec
    im still interested for the 18th(if im around) but defonately cant make this friday coz im working til 8 and then working sat as well...:(

Saturday 19th Dec
    I think the poll means nothing at this stage.

We need confirmations for this Friday at least, the 18th can wait until closer to it's time.

I'm conditionally confirmed for this coming Friday as long as enough people show (4 or more).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Saturday 19th Dec
    I'm on for this friday too. did I see 8pm somewhere or did I imagine it?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

Saturday 5th Dec
    interested am down in cork for weekend and will be going out anyway besides my wife has to witness a boards beers one of these days.

wheres it on anyway?

neonitrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Friday 18th Dec
    If you are in the list for the 4th can you confirm that you are still going? I'll ask the same thing for the 18th closer to the time. Oh and now is the time to start suggesting venues and the meeting time. Around 8ish suits me and I'll go anywhere, I like the 12 christmas's idea that someone else came up with!

I'm still good for friday. I'd suggest somewhere spacious if theres going to be a big enough crowd, particularily if theres a lot of newbies. How about the old oak, the crane lane.. souths (imperial hotel), the bodega.. i guess door policy might be an issue also if theres anyone in the 18-21 bracket? 8 is a good time too

T

• Advertisement

Thursday 17th Dec
    Right tomorrow night! Time to get it sorted.

Unless anyone objects lets just meet at the Old Oak on Oliver Plunkett St. at 8pm, we do not necessarily have to go in but that can be our meeting spot. If this time and venue does not suit then speak up!

If you are definitely going please say so asap.
    As tommy1979 is anyone 18 - 21? We have to take that into account if some people want to go to an 'older' venue. I am 26.

If anyone needs my number send me a pm!

Advertisement