Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork CHRISTMAS BEERS! 18th December!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Saturday 19th Dec
    haha house party so. Maybe afterwards! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thursday 17th Dec
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    haha house party so. Maybe afterwards! :pac:

On boards maybe means yes! :D Thank this post if you are going to webmonkey's house for the after party :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

Saturday 19th Dec
    Well since web_monkeys house is my house, I'll definitely be at the house party afterwards!

On the meeting point would clancys or somewhere like that be a good idea?

Thursday 17th Dec
    So here is the status of everyone that voted in the poll and / or expressed interest in going, 8 confirmed with another 6 people who think they will be there, think this is going to be a great night!!

1)440Hz - CONFIRMED
    2)hunnymonster - CONFIRMED
    3)Kingtut - CONFIRMED
    4)KrustyUCC - CONFIRMED
    5)miss_shadow - CONFIRMED
    6)MissIT - CONFIRMED
    7)NoDice - CONFIRMED
    8)Webmonkey - CONFIRMED

9)deRanged - Thinks they will be there but not definite.
    10)heymate - Thinks they will be there but not definite.
    11)mik_da_man - Thinks they will be there but not definite.
    12)nursemar88 - Thinks they will be there but not definite.
    13)save_our_socks - Thinks they will be there but not definite.
    14)electro_bitch - Thinks they will be there but not definite.

15)Donnaghm - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    16)eoghand - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    17)Papa_Lazarou - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    18)rebelbelle - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    19)rockchik - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    20)smileysurfer - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    21)Ultimate Chin - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.

22)GERMAN ROCKS - Cannot attend - booooooooooooooo
    23)minidazzler - Might see us if we end up in the brog
    24)Snesfan - ah I think you might be there, but you never actually said it ha :D

Got a venue in mind? Please share it :)
    If any of the above details are wrong or have changed let me know.
    if you need a contact number to save yourself from wandering around aimelessly let me know, I am more than happy to meet newbies before the meet-up if they wish (calm the nerves and all that).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

You wanted newbies? Here you get one...and a BRAND new one, just at my second post :)

New to the town (well relatively, it's three months now but have been working almost "full immersion") and would really like to meet some new people.

Unless the Earth falls apart, count me in for the 18th :D

• Advertisement

Thursday 17th Dec
    H3llR4iser wrote: »
    You wanted newbies? Here you get one...and a BRAND new one, just at my second post :)

New to the town (well relatively, it's three months now but have been working almost "full immersion") and would really like to meet some new people.

Unless the Earth falls apart, count me in for the 18th :D

Yay! So where are you originally from? Most of us are blow-ins. Welcome :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Friday 18th Dec
    Can't believe i'm going to miss this..:( Work do that night and it's not even in town.. might be able to sneak away early if i play my cards right.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I won't be in Cork over Christmas but have a good meet-up!
    I'll defo go :)

Saturday 19th Dec
    tommmy1979 wrote: »
    Can't believe i'm going to miss this..:( Work do that night and it's not even in town.. might be able to sneak away early if i play my cards right.
    Feck thats a shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ileprechaun

Hey guys, another newbie here! I just joined and this is the first post I came across. Recently moved to Cork and would definitely be up for the 18th if the venue's 21+.

I believe Christmas is best celebrated with beer :)

• Advertisement

Thursday 17th Dec
    Hey guys, another newbie here! I just joined and this is the first post I came across. Recently moved to Cork and would definitely be up for the 18th if the venue's 21+.

I believe Christmas is best celebrated with beer :)

Great stuff see you on the 18th and welcome to boards and to Cork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

any word on a venue yet?

Saturday 19th Dec
    any word on a venue yet?
    Don't think so. Suggestions?

Thursday 17th Dec
    any word on a venue yet?

Not yet, I asked people to suggest places but no-one really has. I think we should meet at the brog at 8.30/9 then take it from there.

Don't have to stay there but at least it is a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Sunday 6th Dec
    kingtut wrote: »
    I think we should meet at the brog at 8.30/9 then take it from there.Don't have to stay there but at least it is a starting point.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Saturday 19th Dec
    boo! why such a late start? I'm old and need my slippers and cocoa by half ten or I get cranky!

Saturday 19th Dec
    deRanged wrote: »
    boo! why such a late start? I'm old and need my slippers and cocoa by half ten or I get cranky!
    Bring them with you!

Thursday 17th Dec
    deRanged wrote: »

Late? I think 8.30/9pm until 3/4am will be plenty! Silence old man :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ileprechaun

kingtut wrote: »
    Late? I think 8.30/9pm until 3/4am will be plenty! Silence old man :pac:

I think I better bundle up, I'm usually wearing 3 or 4 layers by 5pm! (used to California weather :rolleyes:)

Thursday 17th Dec
    Only 4 more sleeps people! 4 more sleeps and we have our christmas beers! WOOHOO!! :D

• Advertisement

Sunday 6th Dec
    have we decided where the beers are being held yet? i like the brog (as suggested by kingtut) but majority wins (i assume!)...any ideas?

Saturday 19th Dec
    I'll meet in brog alright but i think I'll have to go on bottles or shots in there. Heineken is awful there. It's quite loud in there unfort :(

Sunday 6th Dec
    I'll meet in brog alright but i think I'll have to go on bottles or shots in there. Heineken is awful there. It's quite loud in there unfort :(
    ya it is very loud alright for people who are just meeting for the first time... any ideas for a quieter place?

Saturday 19th Dec
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    ya it is very loud alright for people who are just meeting for the first time... any ideas for a quieter place?
    Not sure, we could use an brog as meeting point anyways. Oldoak was quite busy last friday. Could pick a random quiet pub for first few though. An old mans pub maybe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Assume the brog will just be a meeting place? Or maybe the Slate thats usually quiet enough early on in the evening....well tis been a while since I was out! Damn college taking over my life!

95% attending this on Friday but have had my rota change so have to be in work at 9.30 on saturday morning until 7 so cant go in with too much of a head on me! Thought I could get absolutely demented as I wasnt supposed to be in until 3pm the next day, god damn that woman and her fractures!!

Edit: Im extremely angry today. That woman has ruined my week on so many many levels!

Sunday 6th Dec
    Not sure, we could use an brog as meeting point anyways. Oldoak was quite busy last friday. Could pick a random quiet pub for first few though. An old mans pub maybe :D
    i love old man pubs! :D

Saturday 19th Dec
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    i love old man pubs! :D
    They good alright, hate loud music! - My hearing doesn't seem to be very good either lately :(

Sunday 6th Dec
    They good alright, hate loud music! - My hearing doesn't seem to be very good either lately :(
    looks like you are well suited to old man pubs so!! fit right in with all the other hard of hearing OAPS!! :D

Saturday 19th Dec
    haha yeah that's true :pac:

The last night I was out, a girl was trying to tell me her name. 10 times and I still couldn't get it. Disgrace. She left then :(

• Advertisement

Sunday 6th Dec
    haha yeah that's true :pac:

The last night I was out, a girl was trying to tell me her name. 10 times and I still couldn't get it. Disgrace. She left then :(

awh...well we cant cant be having that..:)

so if anyone knows a good old man pub in cork please tell us!!

Advertisement