Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork CHRISTMAS BEERS! 18th December!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Saturday 19th Dec
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    awh...well we cant cant be having that..:)

so if anyone knows a good old man pub in cork please tell us!!
    She must have had some weird name though in fairness!

Not sure of any quiet places, only ones I go to are up where I live in college road but not very central!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Sunday 6th Dec
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    She must have had some weird name though in fairness!

Not sure of any quiet places, only ones I go to are up where I live in college road but not very central!
    ya not exactly ideal... we should start a new thread just to see if people suggest anything...

Saturday 19th Dec
    ya not exactly ideal... we should start a new thread just to see if people suggest anything...
    Good idea alright. People never go to end of this thread now the length of it!

Sunday 6th Dec
    done! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63497834#post63497834

Saturday 19th Dec
    Nice one. Good stuff! Showing good initiative :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

Saturday 19th Dec
    Would anyone agree with Clancys as a meeting spot?

Its big, its a bit old manish and it doesn't have much music! :)

Saturday 19th Dec
    Snesfan wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Saturday 19th Dec
    Nice one. Good stuff! Showing good initiative :)

Whats the age for the place on a friday?

Saturday 19th Dec
    Not sure, we haven't decided yet unfort....but hopefully be just regular 18...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thursday 17th Dec
    have we decided where the beers are being held yet? i like the brog (as suggested by kingtut) but majority wins (i assume!)...any ideas?

oooo I like his suggestion also, he sounds amazing!
    I'll meet in brog alright but i think I'll have to go on bottles or shots in there. Heineken is awful there. It's quite loud in there unfort :(
    ya it is very loud alright for people who are just meeting for the first time... any ideas for a quieter place?
    Not sure, we could use an brog as meeting point anyways. Oldoak was quite busy last friday. Could pick a random quiet pub for first few though. An old mans pub maybe :D
    Assume the brog will just be a meeting place? Or maybe the Slate thats usually quiet enough early on in the evening....well tis been a while since I was out! Damn college taking over my life!
    Snesfan wrote: »

@webmonkey, save_our_socks, nursemar88 and snesfan

Like I said in a previous post my suggestion of the brog is just as a meeting place, do not have to stay there. While suggestions are good it is prob best to decide when we meet on Friday where we will head to (from past experience the people who say they are going to be at the beers and the people who actually end up going can be different! Would you agree webmonkey?)
    haha yeah that's true :pac:

The last night I was out, a girl was trying to tell me her name. 10 times and I still couldn't get it. Disgrace. She left then :(

what what what ah forget my fookin hearing aid, forget it! :pac:
    awh...well we cant cant be having that..:)

so if anyone knows a good old man pub in cork please tell us!!
    if webmonkeys house has a beer license then could it be classified as an old mans pub ? :D

Oi don't encourage laziness! They can and will read the thread or else :(

It is 2.37am! sleepy time for kingtut!! Drop me a pm if you are going on Friday and need my number :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Hmmm....you can put me in the "maybe" column!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I haz a HUGE sob :(

Sunday 6th Dec
    kingtut wrote: »
    he sounds amazing!
    Meh!!

if webmonkeys house has a beer license then could it be classified as an old mans pub ? :D
    that would be awesome.. knowing someone with a beer licence in their own house...you could annoy the crap out of them!

Oi don't encourage laziness! They can and will read the thread or else :(
    its not encouraging laziness..its just being pro-active :):) see loads of suggestions...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055770236

Thursday 17th Dec
    CommieBaz wrote: »
    Hmmm....you can put me in the "maybe" column!

That's a yes in my book, woohoo!
    I haz a HUGE sob :(

aww why? You missing us?
    its not encouraging laziness..its just being pro-active :):)

I was just kidding :) somewhere quiet is definitely a good (that way people have to listen to me ha ha). I'll go anywhere and my suggestion was purely a meeting point. I think the long valley is a good quiet spot, not sure what it is like on a Friday night... only 3 more sleeps!!

Sunday 6th Dec
    only 3 more sleeps!!
    yay!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Will have to take it easy friday night as Im in work for 9.30 Saturday morning, but looking forward to it, its been months since I had a proper night out....well minus 2 weeks ago when I left the pub at 4.30 a.m, that was a nice treat after finishing placement!

Starting to feel like an old granny/hermit at this stage, have had 3 nights out since September!

Thursday 17th Dec
    Will have to take it easy friday night

no comprendo :confused:
    Will have to go mad on friday night

comprendo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

aww why? You missing us?

Very much so!!!
    Would u guys take pics, mebbe, for once?
    I lost my previous phone and I don't have mines anymore, booo.
    (I so intended to use them to blackmail all of ye :D)

Thursday 17th Dec
    Update on Friday night, changes are in bold font.

So here is the status of everyone that voted in the poll and / or expressed interest in going, , think this is going to be a great night!!

1)440Hz - CONFIRMED
    2)hunnymonster - CONFIRMED
    3)Kingtut - CONFIRMED
    4)KrustyUCC - CONFIRMED
    5)miss_shadow - CONFIRMED
    6)MissIT - CONFIRMED
    7)NoDice - CONFIRMED
    8)Webmonkey - CONFIRMED
    9)H3llR4iser - CONFIRMED
    10)mik_da_man - CONFIRMED
    11)ileprachaun - CONFIRMED
    12)save_our_socks - CONFIRMED

13)deRanged - Thinks they will be there but not definite.
    14)heymate - Thinks they will be there but not definite.
    15)nursemar88 - Thinks they will be there but not definite.
    16)electro_bitch - Thinks they will be there but not definite.
    17)Donnaghm - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    18)eoghand - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    19)Papa_Lazarou - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    20)rebelbelle - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    21)rockchik - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    22)smileysurfer - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.
    23)Ultimate Chin - Unknown, no contact since voting in the poll.

24)GERMAN ROCKS - Cannot attend - booooooooooooooo
    25)minidazzler - Might see us if we end up in the brog
    26)Snesfan - ah I think you might be there, but you never actually said it ha
    27)_Roz_ - Cannot attend - booooooooooooooo (leaving the best to last ;) )

Got a venue in mind? Please share it
    If any of the above details are wrong or have changed let me know.
    if you need a contact number to save yourself from wandering around aimelessly then contact me by pm and be sure to leave your number so I can save it, I am more than happy to meet newbies before the meet-up if they wish (calm the nerves and all that).

2 more sleeps!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I won't be in Cork over Christmas but have a good meet-up!
    I think Clancys is a good idea, they have a decent sized back room and should be quite enough to chat. It's really close to Old Oak Brog ect so is good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Sunday 6th Dec
    my best friend sharon will be attending also.

Saturday 19th Dec
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    I think Clancys is a good idea, they have a decent sized back room and should be quite enough to chat. It's really close to Old Oak Brog ect so is good...

Yeah its very Old Oakish alright. We really need to confirm a place though. Does everyone know where Clancys is? if not lets just meet in Brog for one and head to clancys. (Or where ever we confirm...)
    my best friend sharon will be attending also.

Nice one... I might have 3 of my friends coming, 2 of which are already in the poll but they not definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Saturday 19th Dec
    Right i officialy have nothing on that night so my presence will be determined by the coffers available after the christmas presents are bought...200 euro spent and probably another 200 by the end of the week. As much as i love christmas,dear god is it an expensive time of year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Yeah its very Old Oakish alright. We really need to confirm a place though. Does everyone know where Clancys is? if not lets just meet in Brog for one and head to clancys. (Or where ever we confirm...)

I don't know where Clancys is......directions will suffice or Ill meet someone some where! Tut wanna find me outside Hillbillies like last time?!?!

*Yawn would also apreciate hands and minds to finish my portfolio, been up since 6 a.m......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Looking more and more like I'll definitely be able to attend this (though I've gotten in trouble for committing to beers and then not showing up before so maybe I shouldn't say that). In picking old man pubs I would ask ye to please to be considerate of those of us who are not yet 21! Some places can be quare strict at weekends :mad:

Thursday 17th Dec
    Can we please have the venue and time picked by tonight? That way anyone with limited internet access does not have to check here for the venue at the last minute?

If anyone needs a number please pm me and I'll give you mine. I would encourage people to get at least one person's number before going! We had a situation in the post where a boardsie turned up, had no contact number, didn't no what we looked like and so they left :( please do not let that be you!!

If you are under 21 please let us know as this will have to be taken into account when we are going to different venues. If you do not want to say it in public then tell me your age in a private message. Thanks everyone!
    Right i officialy have nothing on that night so my presence will be determined by the coffers available after the christmas presents are bought...200 euro spent and probably another 200 by the end of the week. As much as i love christmas,dear god is it an expensive time of year :p

Yay!
    I don't know where Clancys is......directions will suffice or Ill meet someone some where! Tut wanna find me outside Hillbillies like last time?!?!

Ye I can meet you no problem. Anyone else need me to meet them beforehand?
    Looking more and more like I'll definitely be able to attend this (though I've gotten in trouble for committing to beers and then not showing up before so maybe I shouldn't say that). In picking old man pubs I would ask ye to please to be considerate of those of us who are not yet 21! Some places can be quare strict at weekends :mad:

Woohoo! Good plan, you have my number so drop be a text if you get lost / need help. Oh and see my note about the age above :) Thanks!

Saturday 19th Dec
    This is going to be huge I think. Niceee

Anyways, it is only fair alright to not pick an over 21's as there are a few people I'd guess that could be under that.

Is clancy's over 21s?

By the way, Clancys is here: here

If Clancy's is not over 21's then I strongly suggest we chose that location as we will be going around with circles otherwise deciding where. It also has plenty room inside.

I agree, we really need this decided tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

Saturday 19th Dec
    This is going to be huge I think. Niceee

Anyways, it is only fair alright to not pick an over 21's as there are a few people I'd guess that could be under that.

Is clancy's over 21s?

By the way, Clancys is here: here

If Clancy's is not over 21's then I strongly suggest we chose that location as we will be going around with circles otherwise deciding where. It also has plenty room inside.

I agree, we really need this decided tonight.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Saturday 19th Dec
    meh when they see a big crowd and if we agree on all leaving somewhere that doesn't let one of the group in (apart from obvious drunkeness) then it's their tough. at least 16 ppl by min of x drinks each is a lot of drinks for a pub to turn down esp when we have options.

have never heard of clancys being over 21s but i don't know for definite what their door policy is.

are we strictly sticking to city centre for venu choice?

• Advertisement

Thursday 17th Dec
    KrustyUCC wrote: »
    are we strictly sticking to city centre for venu choice?

Not necessarily, however I would imagine the city centre is the most convienient place for most people and majority always rules. Where have you got in mind? Has to be a place that has room for a large group and is not too noisy so people can listen to me talking for hours on end!! talk!

Advertisement