Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork CHRISTMAS BEERS! 18th December!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Saturday 19th Dec
    Hello everyone, my first boards night tomorrow night so take it easy on me! :p
    Very excited about the whole thing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thursday 17th Dec
    Hello everyone, my first boards night tomorrow night so take it easy on me! :p
    Very excited about the whole thing!! :D

Welcome! Is rockchik your friend that is coming with you? I think it is going by her post in the ask a question thread...

Saturday 19th Dec
    kingtut wrote: »
    Welcome! Is rockchik your friend that is coming with you? I think it is going by her post in the ask a question thread...

Ya she's my sister, she'l be there with me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Saturday 19th Dec
    i always think the Fran Well is good value for money. not far off city centre, decent pints, barbecue lots of weekends, good open space for us to "talk"

Thursday 17th Dec
    Ya she's my sister, she'l be there with me. :)

Brill see you then! Venue and time will be released later :) keep an eye out (I'll text people to let them know also)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

Saturday 19th Dec

Oops I think I posted in the wrong place!! Ill be there anyhoo!!:p Looking forward to meeting fellow boardsies!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

Saturday 19th Dec
    Dam it I went to the wrong thread again to say.......Thanks for organising it Kingtut.....sure your great really!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Hello again ladies & gentlemen...any final words about a venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 somethingnew4me

hi everyone..its my first night tomorrow night..looking forward to it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Saturday 19th Dec
    Loads of people going!

Right we really need to finalize a venue or we will start losing people.....

• Advertisement

Thursday 17th Dec
    Right we can't afford to spend any longer discussing a venue, as the organiser of the event the venue and time is as follows (this was the most popular choice by far):

Clancy's Bar @9pm.
    (I'll find out later if it is 21s, if it is I'll say so later and post a new venue).

See the map here - http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&ie=UTF8&q=clancys+cork&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=clancys&hnear=cork&cid=0,0,16570439435779818887&ei=7gMqS5LEMpeOjAfxiZCSBw&ved=0CAoQnwIwAA&ll=51.900012,-8.473163&spn=0.002701,0.010428&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

This is purely a meeting venue! If people do not like it we can go elsewhere however we have to meet somewhere! I am more than happy to meet new / nervous people beforehand if they so wish.

If you need a contact number send me yours in a private message and I'll send mine in return. Thanks!!

Confirmed attendees are as follows:

440Hz
    hunnymonster
    Kingtut
    KrustyUCC
    miss_shadow
    MissIT
    NoDice
    Webmonkey
    H3llR4iser
    mik_da_man
    ileprachaun
    save_our_socks
    Snesfan
    smileysurfer
    Rockchik
    somethingnew4me

People who are 99% sure they will make it:
    deRanged
    heymate
    nursemar88
    electro_bitch
    Commiebaz

Thanks to everyone for expressing such interest in this event and I hope you all have a great time!

1 more sleep! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I won't be in Cork over Christmas but have a good meet-up!
    At last - a decision :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ileprechaun

Cool! I've walked by there a couple times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Would u guys take pics, mebbe, for once?
    I lost my previous phone and I don't have mines anymore, booo.
    (I so intended to use them to blackmail all of ye :D)

Maybe....just maybe....someone will remember to do that this time. :p

And Tut, you can upgrade me to one of those "99% sure they'll be there" folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Friday 11th Dec
    I'll go too. How do we recognise each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Friday 4th Dec
    I'm going aswell, where are we most likely to end up???

i.e pants and shirt and jacket

or chords and vans and t-shirt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Sunday 6th Dec

oh god let it be vans and a t shirt...like can i get away with wearing my converse??

Friday 4th Dec
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    oh god let it be vans and a t shirt...like can i get away with wearing my converse??

right we'll go for cork vans and a t-shirt!!

What's the average age of participants in this shindig??

Thursday 17th Dec
    Someone asked about taking photos, if you are taking photos at the beers please make sure you ask the people you are taking photos of first (and also ask before posting them on boards otherwise a mod will give you an ass kicking :D). My camera is broken and I need to get a new one so I will not be bringing one anyway.
    I'll go too. How do we recognise each other?
    Well I know what you look like 'Mr slightly out of sync flash mobber' ;)
    If you want send me a pm with your number and I'll give you mine, you can then give me a shout when you turn up.

I'd say go with whatever makes you comfortable, I'll prob be in jeans and a shirt.

hmm.....only one way to find out!

Friday 4th Dec
    Seriously like, i don't do smart casual!!

I do smart or casual....

• Advertisement

Thursday 17th Dec
    Seriously like, i don't do smart casual!!

I do smart or casual....

Hmm in that case wear whatever you would normally wear on a Friday night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Sunday 6th Dec
    hmm.....only one way to find out!
    oh crap cause i hate heels and i really dont wanna wear them...but like i dont know what sort of dress code cork has on a friday night? :confused:

Friday 4th Dec
    oh crap cause i hate heels and i really dont wanna wear them...but like i dont know what sort of dress code cork has on a friday night? :confused:

right you wear the cons, i'll wear the vans... and we can beat up any bouncers that take exception!!

To be fair i've never been refused in vans but then in my usual haunts it doesn't really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Friday 11th Dec
    Honestly, I always wear cons out, never had an issue. Probably because I'm not a 19 year old scobe with a half grown tash, and my hair gelled down. Once you look normal, you'll be fine anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Sunday 6th Dec
    If its any concilation im dressing up as a girl santa.

Saturday 19th Dec
    Right we can't afford to spend any longer discussing a venue, as the organiser of the event the venue and time is as follows (this was the most popular choice by far):

Clancy's Bar @9pm.
    (I'll find out later if it is 21s, if it is I'll say so later and post a new venue).

See the map here - http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&ie=UTF8&q=clancys+cork&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=clancys&hnear=cork&cid=0,0,16570439435779818887&ei=7gMqS5LEMpeOjAfxiZCSBw&ved=0CAoQnwIwAA&ll=51.900012,-8.473163&spn=0.002701,0.010428&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

This is purely a meeting venue! If people do not like it we can go elsewhere however we have to meet somewhere! I am more than happy to meet new / nervous people beforehand if they so wish.

If you need a contact number send me yours in a private message and I'll send mine in return. Thanks!!

Confirmed attendees are as follows:

440Hz
    hunnymonster
    Kingtut
    KrustyUCC
    miss_shadow
    MissIT
    NoDice
    Webmonkey
    H3llR4iser
    mik_da_man
    ileprachaun
    save_our_socks
    Snesfan
    smileysurfer
    Rockchik
    somethingnew4me

People who are 99% sure they will make it:
    deRanged
    heymate
    nursemar88
    electro_bitch

Thanks to everyone for expressing such interest in this event and I hope you all have a great time!

1 more sleep! :D

Sounds good, myself and Rockchick have to go to a work party in the old oak first so let us know where yer heading after Clanceys and we'l follow on :D

Or a pink spotty dress?? not joking!! ;):P

Il bring a camera too! :)

Thursday 17th Dec
    No more sleeps! Remember ladies everyone, dress to impress me! ;)
    Sounds good, myself and Rockchick have to go to a work party in the old oak first so let us know where yer heading after Clanceys and we'l follow on :D

Sure text me when you are ready to join us and I'll tell you where we are :)
    Il bring a camera too! :)

:eek: nooooooooooooooo :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I DEMAND PICTURES!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Sunday 6th Dec
    I DEMAND PICTURES!!!!!!

i fear those future pics. this santa dress is small...really small.:confused:

• Advertisement

Saturday 19th Dec
    i fear those future pics. this santa dress is small...really small.:confused:

buy a bigger size??? :confused::p

Advertisement