Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Beat; Slow Feet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Sat 05 June 09:00
    Bike 85.2km

Went for a lovely spin this morning in the sunshine. Headed from Raheny towards Swords and on to Ratoath and through Dunshaughlin. I stopped for about 3 or 4 mins after Dunshaughlin and sat down on a grass verge in the middle of the countryside to eat a banana. From there I went towards the Summerhill Road and into Dunboyne. From Dunboyne then down the N3 to the city and back to Raheny. I stopped at a garage just after the M50 to get a refill of water and treated myself to a tropical gatorade which was downed in a flash. The legs were tired before stopping each time but felt fairly fresh after each break. There was a bit of a head wind on the first half, and the avg speed was 30kph for that. That's the longest cycle to date and took 2:41:48 not including the stops. 31.6kph avg, 48.2kph max. HR 135avg, 171max, avg is lower than normal due to the stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭El Director

that seems like a nice spin, i have to get back to my long spins now so i might consider that route. i would also like a route with a couple of challenging hills too.

Yea it's a nice spin alright El D, the surface is a bit of a bone shaker out around the Asbourne roundabaout but apart from that the surface is quite good.

I always die going up hills, I need to get more in, which is why I have decided to tackle Howth once a week for a while to build the climbing a bit.

Athy seems to have went well for you apart from the cramps. You will improve those times for sure.

Sun 06 June 20:30
    Tempo Run (total 13.4km/8.3mls)

1km WU, stretches and
    2.8km in 12:53, 4:36/km (7:24/ml) HR 155avg
    4.8km in 19:45, 4:06/k (6:36/ml) HR 178avg
    4.6km in 21:44, 4:47/k (7:42/ml) HR 160avg

Total avg pace 4:28/km (7:12/ml) HR 163avg 181max

Found this quite tough.

Weekly Totals
    Swim 6600m (3 sess -incl 1 OW & 1 brick)
    Bike 151.2km (3 sess - incl 1 brick)
    Run 29.8km (18.5mls) (2 sess)

Mon 07 June 21:00
    Run 13.4km

Long? Slow Run 1km WU, stretches and the 12.4km in 01:01:15, 4:56/km (7:57/ml), HR 151avg, 160max.

Heavy drizzly rain - Absolutely soaked to the skin, I probably would have been drier if I went swimming!

• Advertisement

Tues 08 June 20:00
    Bike 29.8km

Headed up over Howth Head by the graveyard side. I did 2 loops and surprisingly I felt stronger on the 2nd loop. Started the cycle nice and easy until I got to the foot of the hill and then finished the cycle strong.

29.8km. 28.7kph avg, 57.6kph max, HR 126avg, 179max.

Wed 09 June 06:30
    Swim LC 2500m

Pyrimad set: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100 with about 30 sec rest between each. Used the 100s as a WU, CD. Busy lane by the end of the hour, 4 of us in it. The 500 came in on 10:36.

20:00
    Run 10.4km

1km WU, stretches and then 9.4km in 45:31, 4:48/km (7:48/ml), HR 161avg, 170max.

Thurs 10 June 06:30
    NAC Coached Session No 8, 2600m

2 x 50 easy, 50 kick on side, 50 kick on other, 50 easy (all with fins)
    2 x 300 easy, 300 medium, 300 hard, 50 sprint (all with fins, 15 sec rec)
    2 x 50 OW Tri Start Simulation
    4 x 50 backstroke (1 length was breaststroke)

The OW Tri start simulation was just that: Threading water at the end of the pool and then sculling hands and legs up to the surface behind and then start into Fc on the 'Go', up to half way and repeat. That was a first for me - handy enough to do and a bit of a laugh.
    The 6th 300 had to be done quicker than the 3rd. A tough enough session as the class was split into two lanes and I somehow ended up in the lane with two of the faster guys.

Fri 11 June 20:00
    Bike 40.5km

We're going on holidays down the country either tomorrow or Sunday (Mrs M still undecided!). I have the Blackrock Triathlon on tomorrow so I had decided if I was not going to make it that I would do my long cycle tonight seen as I won't be biking next week. So as it was undecided I did a shorter cycle. That may affect me one way or another if I do the tri, but this tri was not to important to me as it's not a standardised distance (website says 750m swim (yet advertised as 500m), 16km cycle and 6km run). Signed up for it as it is in my home county and would be my first OW tri. So will be treated as more of a training, fun, learning experience than anything else. I will know what I'm doing in the morning.

So this evening a strong headwind on the way out spinning medium to highish effort, but was easier on the way back and I picked up the pace then and finished fairly strong. 31kph avg, 40.5kph max, HR 154avg, 171max.

Sat 12 June 12:00
    Blackrock Super Sprint OW Tri
    500m / 16km / 6km

Mrs M decided that we would go down the country on the holidays tomorrow so I got to do my first OW tri today up in my home county of Louth. Met a few Drogheda heads and a lad from Clogherhead. The sun was beating down and everyone was delighted as the last two years they have been washed and blown out of it apparently.

I came of the motorway and drove the cycle route from Castlebelingham to Blackrock - a very flat course. I arrived before transition was open at 10:30 and registered. We got a nice technical t shirt (no print on it) and a light green swimming hat which had to be worn on the swim. I headed back to the car to get my bike and brought it down to transition and placed the shoes on the pedals ad elastic bands to hold in place. Back to the car to get the rest of the gear for the transition area (towel, runners (lock laces in), helmet, glasses and race belt). Transition was crowded enough so I left the helmet on the ground and my glasses sticking out of my runners, so neither could be knocked off the bike. Back to the car via the coffee shop toilet and got kitted out. Suncream, bodyglide and babyoil where needed. Put on trisuit and wetsuit and walked/jogged barefeet back to transition with swim hat and goggles in hand. Race breifing shortly after on the beach. The swim would start out between two bouys around a triangular course then when back to the bouys you could wade/swim back to shore.

Swim: I was in the first line of bodies and headed off swimming on the hooter. Some people were walking beside me and elsewhere others were swimming. I found it quite difficult to get by people because I was swimming into the back and sides of the walkers and some swimmers. I was going at a hard enough pace to get by people but I was wrecked and then coped that I hadn't been breathing out on all strokes. Settled down a bit and out to the first bouy. Turned that and there were still people walking around me. I ended up standing up once or twice to get round some people and was dissapointed that I had to do so. Got back to the start and then swam a bit and waded a bit back to shore. Then had to run through a zig zag of red barrier tape up to transition. Crossed the mat in 10:40, so 2:08/100m but this included the wade/swim out of the water and run up the beach. Pos 48th.

T1: I had the wetsuit at waist level before leaving the beach with goggles and hat in the sleeve. I held the bottom of the sleeve just in casethey fell out. Onto towel, grad helmet whilst legging the wetsuit off then I had to use my hands to get the last bit over my ankles and off the feet the timing chip band didn't help matters on my right ankle. Glasses on, unrack bike and away. Then I noticed my race belt flapping about on the front of the bike. A marshal told me to put it on, Ok, stop and put it on and away again. I noticed that a fair few where mounting just outside the mount line so I ran on a bit to be by them and then put the left foot on the shoe and swung my leg over, just as my left foot slipped off the shoe. My right hamstring came down on the back wheel which dragged it into the brake blocks. My left foot got bashed off the ground. Frick that. Started of again and looked down to put my left foot back onthe shoe, but the shoe wasn't there - it had come off the pedal and was lying on the ground about 10m behind me. Feck. Back with bike in hand and picked up the shoe and put it on my foot. Then clipped in and put my other foot onto the shoe which stayed on the pedal. It all happened very quick really - took much longer to write about it! So I was away. T1 01:23 - The slip would have added time to my bike split as it happened after the mat.

Bike: A load of people passed me while I was messing about with the slip and getting the shoe. The bike route was very flat really, an odd really small ascent. I took a fair few people in the first couple of kms and a couple passed me but not many. I stook with two lads who had passed (outside the draft zone) and tried to keep with them the way round. We passed and repassed each other until the end, me coming in second out of our three. It was an out and back, and during it I noticed a fair few people drafting, 1 or 2 groups. On the return there were about 4 or 5 just over my shoulder for a good few km. There was a light north headwind on the return but it wasn't bad. I am fairly happy with my bike time of 26:33 for the 16km. Which is a avg speed of 36.2kph - flat course though. Pos 40th.

T2: I had remembered to take my feet out of the shoes before the dismount and came off the bike at a good pace. Rack bike, off with helmet and glasses, on with runners - no issues here, the lock laces did the job great. T2 - 00:39.

Run: My right calf started to cramp after about 3 or 400m so I just kept that leg as straight as I could and kept the heel low. It passed after 50m or so and I just relaxed into it over the next 1km or so. By 2km I was grand and running steady. I ran that pace til 4km and then picked it up. I got a stitch around 3km but breathing deep got rid of it shortly. I had passed a fair few but at around 2km two young slim runner looking lads (one in a Wicklow Tri suit) went by at agreat pace, they were moving. The tri was hosted by Setanta (they wear a blue trisuit). And I could see three of these suits in a row up ahead after passing 4km. I passed the first shortly after and then the second around 5km. The 3rd lad I started to increase my pace about 500m out and was only catching him slowly. There was a crowd in the village at the finish line and they were letting him know I was coming. He picked up his pace and I don't know how but I sprinted like crazy to catch him. The crowd were loving it and roaring us on. I came close but couldn't catch him and I knew it so eased off the pace about 10m from the line. I gave him a big pat on the back after crossing the line and he turned round and gave me a big hug!! Turns out he was one of the race contacts and I had been talking to him on the phone about the race a few days earlier. Run time was 23:37 for the 6km. Not too bad but hoped for better. 3:54/km (6:18/ml). Pos 18th.

Total time: 01:02:55. O/A 25th/194; 4th in my AG.

Race nutrition: Berocca before my porridge with strawberries, grapes and mixed fruit & nuts at 8am followed by tea and 2 toast. Water & Zym mix on the way in the car. Water and High 5 4:1 on the bike.

Hung around for a good while chatting and meeting a few heads I hadn't seen in years and who I didn't know did tris and vice versa. The chipit race van had the print out of the times immediately for anyone who went to the van and keyed in their race no. A great service.

After changing I was driving down through the village eating a banana when I coped they were dishing out barbequed burgers in the transition area. Pit stop and headed over for one of those burgers, nom nom.

A well organised event and it was great to have each km marked on the road for both the bike and the run. Transition a bit tight and the swim was a bit of a joke with all the waders. But I would do it again in a flash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Fair play on providing such entertainment at the start of the bike macanri :p
    But you need to provide photos to get the big kudos (ffs MCOS managed photos of his fall in Limerick like!!)

In fairness sounds pretty sore, why would you try put your foot on the boot first though?

Well done on another good strong performance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

DustyBin wrote: »

In fairness sounds pretty sore, why would you try put your foot on the boot first though?

much quicker generally as far as i know. couple of rotations to get the bike moving and then freewheel to get shoe on and then pedal more then other one and so on.

make sure you get the bike moving good bit tho or else you wobble around slow to nothing and fall over

Super stuff Macanri, great bike time too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

kennyb3 wrote: »
    much quicker generally as far as i know. couple of rotations to get the bike moving and then freewheel to get shoe on and then pedal more then other one and so on.

make sure you get the bike moving good bit tho or else you wobble around slow to nothing and fall over

nah kennyb, what I mean like is why put your foot on the pedal and then swing your leg over?
    I would think its better to run along beside the bike and then jump onto the saddle putting both feet on the shoes together, then pedal away and slip the feet in after gaining a bit of momentum. Putting all your weight on one pedal first and then applying a twisting motion would seem more high risk that the leap of faith technique?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Nice report, Macanri, and good result (despite the unorthodox bike mounting technique :)). Sounded like a well-organised event...

nah kennyb, what I mean like is why put your foot on the pedal and then swing your leg over?
    I would think its better to run along beside the bike and then jump onto the saddle putting both feet on the shoes together, then pedal away and slip the feet in after gaining a bit of momentum. Putting all your weight on one pedal first and then applying a twisting motion would seem more high risk that the leap of faith technique?
    sorry took you up totally wrong - late+beer = not good. ignore what i said so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Nice one Macanri, all three splits had good times, nice and consistent. 25th well done

Fair play on providing such entertainment at the start of the bike macanri :p
    But you need to provide photos to get the big kudos (ffs MCOS managed photos of his fall in Limerick like!!)

Well done on another good strong performance

Entertainments what I do best man!!! I'll have to have a gander through the chipit photos and see if I can get one for the craic. Wasn't quite as dramatic as MCOS tumble. As Oryx would say - I managed to keep the rubber bits down and the metal bits up!!

I was telling Mrs M about it - her response was that I shouldn't be so dramatic and just get on the bike like any normal person:rolleyes:.

Will have to master the leap of faith. It's not called that for no reason, - I'ld say that once you get over the initial fear of ending up on your ear then it would be plain sailing enough after that - (HTFU Macanri):D
    ronanmac wrote: »
    Nice report, Macanri, and good result (despite the unorthodox bike mounting technique :)). Sounded like a well-organised event...

It was a very well run event - the weather helped improve things even more. I have a nice tri sun tan burn today as a result of the weather. One thing I forgot to bring was a little container to fill with water and leave at transition to wash the sand off the feet before getting on the bike, the sand wasn't too bad though as most of it came off on the towel - next time though.

Great running by you the other night in Salthill. You're flying it!
    sorry took you up totally wrong - late+beer = not good. ignore what i said so

Hey kennyb3 don't be blaspheming. Beer = good. late + beer = 50/50. Treated my self to 2 pints of the black stuff in the local last night. Have a glass of wine as I type now. On the holidays so there'll be a bit of that this week I'm sure, just a bit mind. :) Oh yea, you're chasing up behind me on the bike table. And I haven't got the bike with me. I will keep a close eye on that table and revert to the gym bike if necessary - he he he I kid you not:D

Good to read you got your wheels sorted out. Hopefully you have a bit less punctures now!

Sun 13 June

We left Dublin about 11:45 and arrived in Banna beach Co. Kerry around 4ish, having stopped for about 30 mins to get a quick bite, not bad going these motorways are a great job.

So we checked in to the hol home and brought the kids swimming. Messed about for a bit and then Asked Mrs M if I could do a few lengths (its a 20m pool). So I did 100 and another then back over to herself and the kids for a bit and then went and did 200, so I ended up getting 1400m done while heading over for a mess with the kids. So rest time was a bit more than usual. I was coming in sub 4 mins on each 200. On the last length of one of the last sets my daughter (4 yrs) got into the lane in her arm bands and swam towards me. She's been going to lessons for the last no. of weeks and loves the water.

After the tea I brought the kids to the playground and when we got them to bed I went for a quick run. 9.9km in 43:29, 4:24/km, (7:04/ml), HR 158avg, 170max). A lovely loop from the hol home up a country road and then down a real boreen with grass growing in the middle and a few lovely views. Wondering if I would be mauled by a farmers dog during it? I survived. The right ribs are a bit tender today - probably landed on the bike on them yesterday when my foot slipped off the shoe!

Week Totals:
    Swim: 7000m (3 sess + 1 race)
    Bike: 86.3km (2 sess + 1 race)
    Run: 39.7km (3 sess + 1 race)
    Race: Blackrock Sup Sprint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Good work and congrats on the placing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭El Director

Excellent stuff Mac, delighted for ya. Pity about the bike mount, sounded sore to say the least and cost you time....but kinda funny at the same time! :D That was a savage run dude, well done and a great placing too, 25th and 4th in AG, well done and enjoy the holidays!

Mon 14 June
    Swim 1100m

Same as Sun, got a few lengths in while Mrs M was with the kids in the small pool.

Tues 15 June
    Swim 920m, Tempo Run 9.9km

Swim; same set up.

Same loop as Sun evening, 4.3km of which was tempo.
    2.7km, 12:10; 4:30/km (7:15/ml), HR ~160avg.
    4.3km, 16:55; 3:56/km (6:18/ml), HR ~181avg.
    2.9km, 13:38; 4:42/km (7:34/ml), HR ~161avg.
    Overall 9.9km, 42:43; 4:19/km (6:57/ml), HR 168avg, 186max.

Max HR was up the sharp hill in the middle of the boreen which when you arrive towards the crest the views towards the Slieve Mish mountains in the distance appears between the ditches and hits you like a ton of bricks, stunning.

Plan for the rest of the week:
    Wed, swim/bike (in gym) brick. The swim will be the 30min TT that was going to be done at the last coached swim on Thurs morn which I will miss.
    Thurs, LSR.
    Fri, Rec Run.
    Sat travelling
    Sun, Long bike.

Wed 16 June
    Swim Tot 3280

Did 1080m during the day, 80 (to even yesterdays 20), 400, 400 & 200.

The ribs are still very tender, I don't think all this swimming is helping them much. At 8pm I went up to the pool to do the 30min TT - I looked at the gym earlier in the day and the bike machine doesn't resemble the sitting position on a road bike so I decided to knock the brick session on the head. That and I was feeling fairly wrecked tired this evening.

Did 200 WU, 30mins TT: 80lengths x 20m = 1600m, 2 x 200 CD.
    Fairly happy with the TT; 1:53/100m.

Thurs 17 June
    LSR 17.2km

1:18:30, 4:34/km (7:20/ml), HR 155avg, 167max

Fri 18 June
    Swim 500m, Run 11.4km

Easy run 11.4k in 55:37, 4:53/km (7:51/ml), HR 148avg, 166max.

Sat 19 June, Swim 1400m

Sun 20 June
    Bike 54.5km

Raheny, Malahide via coast, Swords, Ashbourne R/A, N2 to Raheny via Collins Ave. 1:45:19, avg 31.0kph, max 43.1kph, HR 153avg, 213max???

Weekly Totals:
    Swim 7200m (5 or 6 sess)
    Bike 54.5km (1 sess)
    Run 38.5km (3 sess)

Mon 21, 06:30
    Swim 2600m

500 wu (11:15)
    5 x 100 off 2:15 (in ~ 2:00)
    5 x 200 off 4:30 (in ~ 4:00)
    500 (11:30)
    100 cd

Mon, 20:00, Bike 46.2km Howth Head x 2
    Couple of km from Raheny to Sutton Cross and up Howth Head twice from graveyard side. Had a bit of a scare coming downhill at ~ 60kph when I went over a bump and wobbled a little. After that went round by Pormarnock and Malahide, I felt very strong on the bike after doing the hills. Got a puncture on the way home - front wheel (1st of many? - hopefully not!) Took me about 6mins to fix it!!!
    30.4kph avg, 61.4kph max, HR 149avg, 221max (spike - I think??)

Tues 22
    LSR 17.7km

Decided to do the LSR midweek to free up more time on Sun. Turns out my bro was getting tickets to the Louth game (C'MON LOUTH!!!!!!!) So I will be there Sun evening.
    Aim was to keep HR below 155avg.
    17.7km in 1:26:28, 4:53/km (7:52 old money), HR 153avg, 163max.

Wed 23, Rest
    Planned a swim am, bike pm. I hit the snooze and slept in, and Mrs M had a meeting with the creche pm (a good meeting:))

Thurs 24, 06:30
    Coached Swim No1 Bjorn, 2500m

I met Bjorn on Mon morning and he asked if I was going to do the next set of coached sessions. I hadn't planned too, but having tought about it during the next few days I decided to go for it. Plus, it's only €2 extra on what I pay for a swim in the NAC.

4 x 50 in a group (there were 5 of us)
    20 x 100 - Done as 5 sets of 100 easy, 100 med, 100 hard and 100 sprint (15sec rec between every 100)
    100 choice,
    100 FS
    100 Fists.

The 100 med came in on ~2:00, hard came in ~1:50, the 5 sprint splits were: 1:43, 1:41, 1:39, 1:38 PB and 1:38.
    I am chuffed with the sprint splits. Was coming in on the same time as the faster lads in the group.

Thurs PM
    Bike Intervals 55km

I got the bike serviced for free on Tues/Wed (part of the purchase package). All the clicks have been eliminated. So just the sound of whirring during the cycles again - sweet.
    Decided to head out towards Ballyboughal, Naul, Garristown area. That's the beauty of the bike computer - you don't need to map your distance so you can take any route you want. Same with having a gps watch for running - Kind of sets you free (I don't have a gps watch for running!!).

Anyway decided to do some EL D inspired intervals, got out the road a bit and then did 5 sets of 3km hard, 5km easy, probably too much rest and not enough hardtime each set, but that can be changed gradually.

So 55km, 31.7kph avg, 49.4kph max, HR 154avg, 180max. Good - so I worked during the intervals.

Fri 25, 06:30
    Swim 2800m

200wu
    2500 straight (500 splits were 11:20, 10:50, 11:15, 10:45, 10:45)
    100cd

Had planned to do 2000 but decided at about 1500 to 1800 that I was going to continue and do 500 more. Grabbing split seconds at the wall once or twice to be honest, tut tut, slap on the wrist!

Sat 26, 17:00
    Bike 65km/2.2km run

Nice spin with a tail wind out the old N1, then turned off at Blakes Cross for Lusk, Skerries and Rush and back the road for home. The tailwind turned into a head wind as soon as I took the turn in Skerries Village - Made the climb out of Skerries very taxing. (I hope the wind dies down for those doing the tri here tomorrow - good luck to all doing it).

32kph avg, 54kph max, HR 155avg, 179max.

Decided to do a short run off the bike as no brick in a no. of weeks. Took about 7 or 8 mins before I got out the door. I was flying it for the first km and then cooled the jets a bit for the finish. 2.21km in 8:26, 3:49/km (6:08/ml) HR 163avg, 172max.

Track session planned for tomorrow before midday.
    May have one or two pints of Black before the match to whet the voice box.

TriAthlone Sprint on Sat 3rd July so Mon morn swim, Mon PM maybe rec run, Tues eve Bike, Wed eve slow run and Thurs am coached swim. Thurs eve and Fri rest.

Sun 27, 12:45
    Track Intervals 5 x 800m

2km WU, Stretches
    5 x 800m with 400m jog recovery. 800 splits: 2:42, 42, 48, 45, 44.
    2km cd

10km total. HR 155avg, 188max. Didnt need the HRM to know I was trying hard. Heat was a killer in the midday sun.

Week Totals:
    Swim 7950 (3 sess)
    Bike 166.2km (3 sess)
    Run 29.9km (18.6miles) (2 sess + 1 small brick)

An Lu Abu.:D:D:D

Good week there macanri.

Re howth, good thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66599659#post66599659

Maybe time yourself up it out of interest. I did 10.25 without murdering myself, id hope to get sub 10 easy enough after a few weeks back. id say we would have been close to 10 the day we pushed each other up it.

We ll have to have a go together when i get back as having someone to feed off really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'd be up for a couple of Howth laps this week if you're interested. Duath on Weds night so after that is prob the best

Good week there macanri.

Re howth, good thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66599659#post66599659

Maybe time yourself up it out of interest. I did 10.25 without murdering myself, id hope to get sub 10 easy enough after a few weeks back. id say we would have been close to 10 the day we pushed each other up it.

We ll have to have a go together when i get back as having someone to feed off really helps.

I'll have a look at the link later, cheers. Yea will time myself as a matter of interest. Give us a shout when your up for another Howth hill torture cycle.
    christeb wrote: »
    I'd be up for a couple of Howth laps this week if you're interested. Duath on Weds night so after that is prob the best

Well christed, welcome back. Glad to see you got through the exams and the holiday in one piece! I'm doing Tri Athlone this Sat so the only bike this week will be Tues, and I was planning on taking it easyish. So don't know if Howth would be killing the legs for Sat??

Defo next week, Mon, Tues or Wed.

Macanri wrote: »
    I'll have a look at the link later, cheers. Yea will time myself as a matter of interest. Give us a shout when your up for another Howth hill torture cycle.

For torture, im sure you ve tried going right at the church when going up from the village. i made it 3/4 way up and had to pull over as was sweating so badly into my eyes far too tired to do the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

For torture, im sure you ve tried going right at the church when going up from the village. i made it 3/4 way up and had to pull over as was sweating so badly into my eyes far too tired to do the rest

I tried this b4 but my cleats weren't great and came out as I was pushing. My gears are also a standard 9 sp so not sure I got the leg power to get up. I'll settle for whuppin' you guys to the top via the left of the church :p How's about next Monday night then? Turns out the Duath isn't this week, so would give me some good bike training before it.

Advertisement