Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winterising

Options
  • 26-11-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    First winter and im hoping to give the camper a real good clean and wax etc this weekend.

To keep the batteries charged i have hooked up the mains to it but i have it set on a timer to come on for a full day once a week.

What i was thinking of doing though was to also put in a small halogen electric heater (leave it plugged in) and setting the timer so that approx every 8 hours the van would get 1 hour of electricity,it would be a more consistent approach to keeping damp and mould out etc but would it be bad for the leisure battery getting an hour of charge 3 times a day?

Anyone else have a similar setup? (my van is kept @ my mums a few miles away and i dont get out there often enough )

Cheers,
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Howdy,

I have a similar setup. I put on a dehumifier maybe once a week for a night. So far its only been collecting a small amount of water and considering the rain during the last month most of that was probably from the air.

I took out all cushions, emptied tanks etc, maybe three weeks ago. I also cleaned the outside which took way longer than anticipated!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

god luck with the waxing....

"wax on ...wax off..."

Dehumidifier - I know some how use salt traps equally as good I'd say.

we bring in the cushions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

wusses the lot of ye's :)

keep her lit for the winter has always been my plan ....

Advertisement