Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After MCSA

Options
  • 26-11-2009 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all,

Ive got MCSA and want to get some more certificates to add to my cv as hope to move jobs soon

Im on a helpdesk phone role level 2 currently

Should I do MCSE or CCNA I wonder?

Alot of companies look for a mix

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If you have an MCSA, you should upgrade it to Server 2008. It's one more exam (70-648) and gives you 2 qualifications - MCTS 2008 Active Directory, and MCTS 2008 Network Infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Id say do the CCNA as it will cover Networking in more detail and will give you a more rounded qualification overall. Try and get a junior network admin job asap to get the experience to go with it - qualifications will only get you so far and you don't want to end up with an MCSE and CCIE without any relevant experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

TBH you'd be better off going for Citrix certification or VMware and stay in the same stream, as you move through your career there’s a very clear divide between the MS(Windows Architecture roles) and Cisco skill sets.

More importantly experience is the key...

I've 12+ years in the industry and started off with the MCSE equivalent for Windows 3.1 and upgraded to Nt 4.0 havent sat an exam since...my experience has proven the to be the factor time and time again when looking for work.

Advertisement