Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value in Offaly

Options
  • 26-11-2009 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Looks like every other county has it's bargain alerts / restuarants thread etc.
    So time for one for Offaly...:)

Include anything and everything which you think is of interest to other boardsies, cheap food, shop bargains, best price petrol, toys, sale alerts, cheapest beer etc !!!

I'll start by saying the €5 lunch in both in Indians in Tullamore, Cafe India and Yaadgaar is great value - Sunday lunch for 2, poppadoms, Chicken Tikka and a Veggie Jalfrezi for €10 - excellent !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

ghosttown wrote: »
    Looks like every other county has it's bargain alerts / restuarants thread etc.
    So time for one for Offaly...:)

Include anything and everything which you think is of interest to other boardsies, cheap food, shop bargains, best price petrol, toys, sale alerts, cheapest beer etc !!!

I'll start by saying the €5 lunch in both in Indians in Tullamore, Cafe India and Yaadgaar is great value - Sunday lunch for 2, poppadoms, Chicken Tikka and a Veggie Jalfrezi for €10 - excellent !!!

The food in Cafe India is awful, Yaagdar is better.

Shishir on High St do better Indian food, and have taken 20% off all takeaway prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Heard theres a place there beside the new Expert Electrical. A discount store with groceries and stuff. Wasnt in it yet myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Heard theres a place there beside the new Expert Electrical. A discount store with groceries and stuff. Wasnt in it yet myself

If you like buying in bulk its a good place to go. 4 tullamore dairies 2 litre milk are 5 quid or firelogs 4 for 5 euro, that type of thing. Also see a lot of people buying washing powder and toilet rolls. Not sure of the prices.

Im going to throw this out there, but the pizza's in Scallys centra are pretty good, and a lot cheaper than Domino's.
    Just dont get the young girl to make them, she does the toppings arseways:D
    Tall, skinny blonde dude piles on the toppings

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I presume thats Scallys in Tullamore, just to clear it up.

• Advertisement

TomTom wrote: »
    I presume thats Scallys in Tullamore, just to clear it up.

Already said it was Scallys. But both do them.
    Dusty87 wrote: »
    Im going to throw this out there, but the pizza's in Scallys centra are pretty good, and a lot cheaper than Domino's.
    Just dont get the young girl to make them, she does the toppings arseways:D
    Tall, skinny blonde dude piles on the toppings

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The place in Main Street beside Days Hotel is good too. I think it's called crunch. It does bulk buy / bigger quantities of washing up powder etc as well as rashers, sausages, milk etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

emcc wrote: »
    The food in Cafe India is awful, Yaagdar is better.

Shishir on High St do better Indian food, and have taken 20% off all takeaway prices.

Shisir also have a really good lunch menu - think it's 10.99 for 3 courses!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

For lunch in Tullamore, The Brewery Tap seems to be best value for good food, always well fed for less than 10euro. A few pubs are also doing 3euro pints now, Loughreys and De Bruns to name two I've seen (not sure they'll continue as it gets closer to christmas).
    Tried that pizza in Scallys, great call. V good.
    Where's cheapest for fuel ? Home oil and car fuel ?
    Also, need to buy a real Xmas tree this weekend, any suggestions on best price ?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

ghosttown wrote: »
    For lunch in Tullamore, The Brewery Tap seems to be best value for good food, always well fed for less than 10euro. A few pubs are also doing 3euro pints now, Loughreys and De Bruns to name two I've seen (not sure they'll continue as it gets closer to christmas).
    Tried that pizza in Scallys, great call. V good.
    Where's cheapest for fuel ? Home oil and car fuel ?
    Also, need to buy a real Xmas tree this weekend, any suggestions on best price ?
    Thanks

Cosgroves also do Soup & sandwich for €5 every day and there's lunch specials for round 8.95 as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Jessica Sanders

I always shop around when its time to get a fill of home heating oil but Lambe's Oil in Tinnycross in Tullamore comes up trumps every time.

Advertisement