Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Runner Up....

• 26-11-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

I went onto RTE.ie to see if they had posted up their Autumn winner, they have @ http://www.rte.ie/weather/photo.html
    but I saw a pic I thought I had seen before (runner-up), and yes I do believe its our own kensutz !! Well done. ;)
    BTW I don't like the winner's shot (is it HDR:eek:), no offence, but I prefer some of the ones in the runner-up spot ! same actually for the summer competition !!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Who picked the winning entry? Have they no taste at all in RTE? Don't like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

:eek: not liking the winner, either.
    the 2nd place should've won :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

HDR. Bad HDR. :[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yep that's moi. Posted it on Twitter and not bothered to do so here for some reason. Got a phone call last week to tell me I was runner up and the photo appeared on the RTE news all day last Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

well done Ken. I would agree that the winning photo isn't the strongest, with very obvious HDRing. BUT, I have to say though, that the overall standard of pictures going back through the seasons is quite high, which is pretty unusual for a competition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Awful winning photo. Daniel O'Donnell stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Well done Ken!

Advertisement