Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What games is santa bringing you this xmas?

• 26-11-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Gonna buy a couple of games for over the xmas period but havent played my xbox in ages...

Was thinking of something along the lines of

COD 2 Modern Warfare (never played 1 should I get that first)
    PES 2010

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Gonne be AC2 for me because I got the first one 2 xmas' ago and its now assigned to the category of "Xmas game" for me. Might pick up borderlands too, something nice to sink my teeth into perhaps seeing as I already have dragon age.
    In regards to MW2 you don't necessarily need to play the first one but I would recommend it becauses A) it's got a much better storyline(debatable btw!) B) The sequel does introduce a lot of characters from the first game which would make MW2 more enjoyable if you are familiar with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

This is it so far:

Dead Space (360) €9.99 in Xtra-vision
    Mirrors Edge (360) €9.99 in Xtra-vision
    AC2 (360)
    Modern Warfare 2 (360) Am playing the multi-player but might keep the Single Player for when I return to no-broadband-land (back home) for X-mas.

Nice selection there. Can't go wrong with Dead-space or Mirrors-edge. DMC4 is another one going for cheap if that floats your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My sister is getting me COD for Christmas so that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Left 4 dead 2 prob wont get anything else unless dragons ages comes down nice and cheap.

Btw COD4 is better than CODMW2 but cod4 is still more expensive :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

bastid already came

- AC2
    - Fifa 10
    - ODST
    - Batman

(I'm playing catch up)

only for my xbox to RROD. fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hate to break it to you guys, but santa doesn't actually exist!:(

If people choose games for me, they usually pick something that was miles off my radar, and asking someone to buy you a particular present is fairly lame...
    Guess it'll be new socks for me, then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Just finishing up Batman now, took me a while as I never play games on my XBox.

Think i'll be buying AC2 myself when I finish Batman.

Dragonage looks really good. Never heard about it until yesterday so maybe that for crimbo!

Hate to break it to you guys, but santa doesn't actually exist!
    Say it isn't so!!
    cod4 is still more expensive
    QFT! I reckon COD4 actually has a higher market value than gold. Took me about 2 years to find it at a decent second hand price, I **** you not!
    Dragonage looks really good. Never heard about it until yesterday so maybe that for crimbo!
    Go for it man, especially if you are already a fan of RPGs. You'll pump many happy hours into it, perfect chance to let the xmas dinne settle :) I'd describe it as a cross between oblivion and mass effect, obvious comparison I know but it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

tman wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you guys, but santa doesn't actually exist!:(

SHIRRUP WITH YOUR LIES!!! :'(

• Advertisement

Asmodean wrote: »
    I'd describe it as a cross between oblivion and mass effect, obvious comparison I know but it's true.

Strangely enough I didn't like Mass Effect. I thought the combat was frustrating and wandering around the station really dull.

Started Oblivion but got put off by the clunky graphics and awkward moveability, but I have been assured it gets much better and have vowed to get back into it. Enjoyed Fable 2 but I think that's more of a popcorn RPG, Very easy. Loved RPG's like Batman and The Darkness though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I have put in a request for Assassins Creed 2 and Left4Dead2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wet (been wanting to try it since it came out) and Forza 3 collectors ed.

Exciting stuff :P

Oh, and Dj Hero, which should be arriving on the 1st or 2nd of Dec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

None but have MW2,Dragonage and borderlands to finish.

Only game Im really looking forward too is Bioshock 2

Might Assasins Creed 2 if Im stuck but the first one bored the tits off me tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ShellyoM

I wanna get my boyfriend one of the x boxes music games for christmas (guitar hero, band hero, rock band, the beatles rock band) but I just dont know which one to get!!Anyone got any ideas on whats the best one? He's into music like Eric Clapton, Simple Minds, Thin Lizzy, Morrissey, the Cure...mostly 80's stuff if thats any indication of which ones best for him!(He also does really like the Beatles!)

ShellyoM wrote: »
    I wanna get my boyfriend one of the x boxes music games for christmas (guitar hero, band hero, rock band, the beatles rock band) but I just dont know which one to get!!Anyone got any ideas on whats the best one? He's into music like Eric Clapton, Simple Minds, Thin Lizzy, Morrissey, the Cure...mostly 80's stuff if thats any indication of which ones best for him!(He also does really like the Beatles!)

Beatles Rock band would make the most sense I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

ShellyoM wrote: »

HMV have the full Beatles Rock Band box set (all instruments plus the game) for €150 on either Xbox 360 or PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

For Christmas, I'll be picking up the following:

COD MW2 (Have been stuck without broadband for the past while, so haven't bought it yet, absolutely loved the first MW),
    Batman,
    Forza 3.

Others on my hitlist are Madden 10, SD vs RAW 10, Left 4 Dead 2.

Advertisement