Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tipping Hairdressers

• 26-11-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭

Haven't been to a hairdresser in years and I'm treating myself tomorrow. Hair is straight so usually get himself to cut it and straighten it myself.

Was wondering though, how much should I tip the hairdresser when i go tomorrow? Just getting a trim and blowdry and it is costing 50euro. S

hould I tip a percentage of this fee or is there a standard fixed tip expected?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You don't have to tip but generally it'd be 10% if you were going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

€50 for a trim and blow-dry......holy SH1T....where you gettin it done.....i worked in a hairdressers for bout 4yr's , and it totally depends on the customer if they want to tip the stylist....never any hard feelings if you don't....and after paying €50 for your hair in the first place, i dont think i would be leaving a tip, they are well paid after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

laura. wrote: »
    €50 for a trim and blow-dry......holy SH1T....where you gettin it done.....i worked in a hairdressers for bout 4yr's , and it totally depends on the customer if they want to tip the stylist....never any hard feelings if you don't....and after paying €50 for your hair in the first place, i dont think i would be leaving a tip, they are well paid after that

€50 would be almost cheap for Dublin tbh. I was paying I think 60-70 for a cut and blowdry in a city centre salon, until my stylist left to go back to college and now he does it for 40 in his house :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Wow €50!
    Here in Kerry hairdressers i go to: wash trim blow dry €27.
    €12-15 depend on lenght for all over dry trim.
    And retrim fringe is free but i like to tip but they wont accept but then Im regular customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

don't assume you'll have to tip first of all. I've been to plenty of places were it would have killed me to tip.

I'm very happy with my current hairdresser so I usually leave a fiver for her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

jaysus i wish ye were all my customer's leavin me tips like that lol....cant believe you leave such tip's and paying that much in the first place is absolute extorcionate prices(cant spell that word haha but sound it out ye will know what i mean).....honestly the stylists in Dublin are trained EXACTLY the same as the rest of us, and just because they are in the capital the owners think they can charge prices like that it is absolute madness...in the day's that is in it, people, would ye not consider travelling bout 15 or 20 mins either side of Dublin and payin 'normal' prices for your hair to be done.. I know as well as many that we love the odd treat women, but no point gettin ripped off in the process eh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

laura. wrote: »
    jaysus i wish ye were all my customer's leavin me tips like that lol....cant believe you leave such tip's and paying that much in the first place is absolute extorcionate prices(cant spell that word haha but sound it out ye will know what i mean).....honestly the stylists in Dublin are trained EXACTLY the same as the rest of us, and just because they are in the capital the owners think they can charge prices like that it is absolute madness...in the day's that is in it, people, would ye not consider travelling bout 15 or 20 mins either side of Dublin and payin 'normal' prices for your hair to be done.. I know as well as many that we love the odd treat women, but no point gettin ripped off in the process eh....
    I'd say rent is dearer for a Dublin salon.

Travelling down the country to save on a haircut takes the treat aspect out of it imo ! Also you'd end up paying near enough the same amount if you include petrol

Advertisement