Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance- how select plan?

Options
  • 26-11-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there

Looking for advice from insurance experts!

Our health Insurance is up, cost of premium has increased by over 200 since last year! Has anyone reviewed their policy/cover lately? My head is spinning after ringing all the insurers.

We're on essential plus (excess) with Quinn at €1700 for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). I have a feeling we are over-insured as we are all in good health TG. What are the consequences of dropping down to the cheapest package? I want cover for emergencies only. Might put DH on higher plan as he is the sole earner and would have certain risk factors, even though his health is good TG.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

You could leave the kids off if you felt that thye were adequately covered on the public system, that would save almost €500 and leave the 2 adults with cover intact, semi private room in a private hospital subject to once off excess. If you want cover to remain in force for the kids, look at level 2 hospital from aviva as they charge the same price for level 1 and level 2 or leave husband on essential plus excess and you go on level 1 hospital, private room in a public hospital with aviva and they'll give you €50 voucher for Smyths toys too or donate to charity, http://www.hibernianavivahealth.ie/promotion/

€520 level1 hospital, adult
    €642 essential plus excess, adult
    €215 level 2 hospital, child
    €215 level 2 hospital, child

Advertisement