Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really slow post from the UK

Options
  • 26-11-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else had problems with post from the UK taking ages to arrive lately?

Last month my mother received a birthday card I sent her when I was living in Edinburgh....five weeks after it was posted (the postmark on it was September). Two weeks ago I ordered a book from the UK, it's been dispatched and still hasn't arrived. Nine days ago the Revenue in the UK sent me a cheque...it still hasn't arrived.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Could it be caused by back-log from the work stoppage a few weeks back? That coupled with Christmas post may be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I've had a few deliveries from the uk taking over 3 weeks.
    And another few go missing....not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

jor el wrote: »
    Could it be caused by back-log from the work stoppage a few weeks back? That coupled with Christmas post may be it.

Well we're getting post from within Ireland on a daily basis so that doesn't explain it.

It's been bad for a long time...I know when my mother sends parcels to her relatives in the UK she goes to Newry to post the because if she sent them from Meath they take 7-10 days to arrive, whereas sending from Newry they arrive the next day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

probably due to the recent strike at Royal Mail

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/21/royal-mail-strike-backlog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I sent back 3 return parcels last week on Thursday or Friday (can't remember what day) and they were only delivered today.

I sent back a parcel about two weeks ago and it was delivered within 4 business days.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The Royal Postal Service was on strike for a number of weeks

Advertisement