Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Fingal Bins

Options
  • 26-11-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Fingal kindly dropped off my brown bin this morning............ even though we requested not to have one.

We have a small bin store which is just big enogh for the 2 other wheely bins i had .

i am not storing it by my front door and i have no side entrance to my back garden.

Its amazing they do everything we ask them not to.

i wonder if i told them not to resurface the road and not to commission the street lights i wonder what will happen then!!!??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

simple solution, put it in your black bin and leave it out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Give it to someone who would have a use for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Stick it out on the road and put a sign on it saying please dont touch, it'll be knicked in an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

I have to say lads very funny i loved the suggestions. especially the one about putting it in the black bin.

i rang them and kindl asked them to take it back....... its now gone.

i wish they were only as quick turning on the street lights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

There is some smell when they are being emptied. Dont know how the lads put up with the smell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

it is quite important we start using our 'brown bin' on a number of levels
    1. Groundwater and odour pollution from landfills
    2. Methane emissions from landfills (global warming)
    3. Fines from EU for not changing our dirty ways
    4. Job creation in biological treatment (composting and AD)
    5. Benefits from having cheap supply of nutirent rich compost (improved soil quality, displacement of chemical fertiliser that is costly to IMPORT, improved nutirent holding in soils preventing pollution of surface waters.

If you are provided with a bin you should try to use it or else have a home composting unit although they don't work as well as industrial scale composting.

Advertisement