Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avram Grant is the new manager at Portsmouth.

• 26-11-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭

'I'm not interested in the job', my hole...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,733 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I like Avram, fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Boggles wrote: »
    I like Avram, fair play to him.

he was indeed shafted mercilessly by Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Once he arrived back at Pompey it was only a matter of time before Hart was booted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,733 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

SlickRic wrote: »
    he was indeed shafted mercilessly by Chelsea.

Twas indeed classless. What do you expect though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Decent manager and the right man for Pompey. Be interesting to see what he does, he changed nothing at Chelsea really, just copied a proven system that Mourinho used. Hope he does well, deserved a contract at Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

No great surprise really, he really enjoyed his time at Pompey previously. I hope that he is given some money for the transfer window and can get some decent players in. We have plenty of grafters at the moment, but zero creativity.

I also hope Hart takes up the offer of his old job as director of youth development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Wish him well but the team he had at Chelsea is a bit different then team hes taking over at Portsmouth, that said I think he can keep them up, was unlucky at Chelsea, Roman just used him as a stop gap and I think if we kept him in charge instead of bringing in Big Phil we would have had a better season.

All If's and but's I know, hope he does well at Pompey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It will be interesting to see how he does. Many say a blind monkey could have done well at Chelsea, I suppose we'll see if there's more to him now.

JPA wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how he does. Many say a blind monkey could have done well at Chelsea

which was proven as bollox.

see Mr Scolari.

he deserves his chance at Portsmouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

It will be interesting to see how he does. Many say a blind monkey could have done well at Chelsea, I suppose we'll see if there's more to him now.

He proved himself with the Israeli international team aswell tbf, went through a group containing France, Ireland and Switzerland unbeaten.

He has also taken Chelsea further/as far as anyone else in European Football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What's with the Grant love in? We'll see what he does at a poor team, all I'm saying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

I'm unconvinced by grant so I'll be keeping an eye on how he does in a very difficult job at pompey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A great manager and deserved better at Chelsea. Portsmouth are lucky to get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nice guy, glad he got the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dave! wrote: »
    Nice guy, glad he got the job

Too true. I wonder if we'll see his little celebration when they got through to the Champions League final with him. :)

What's with the Grant love in? !

no particular love in personally.

it's just the chelsea job isn't easy, proved by Scolari's demise. that's all i was replying to.

he is a nice guy though, and i'm delighted to see him get the chance to prove himself again in the Premiership, albeit in an extremely tough job this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What's with the Grant love in? We'll see what he does at a poor team, all I'm saying!

He was a slip away from being a Champions League winning manager, got into extra time in the Carling Cup and 2 games away from the end in the Premiership we were even on points. He did an absolutely smashing job at Chelsea when he was brought in as a transitional manager. His signings proved quite good as well with Anelka being one of the best strikers in the world right now, Ivanovic proving useful and Di Santo looking like a good prospect. I really hope he does well

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He was a slip away from being a Champions League winning manager, got into extra time in the Carling Cup and 2 games away from the end in the Premiership we were even on points. He did an absolutely smashing job at Chelsea when he was brought in as a transitional manager. His signings proved quite good as well with Anelka being one of the best strikers in the world right now, Ivanovic proving useful and Di Santo looking like a good prospect. I really hope he does well

They were probably abromovichs signings.Hes a decent manager,but pompy are going down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Good move by Pompey. Reckon he will keep them up.

Like has been already said he did a very good job with Israel, made a limited side very tough to beat. And was so close to being a major success at Chelsea, and made decent signings too.
    Very harshly treated in the end.

I think he'll get them to 14th/15th by end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

:D

Ah you got to love Avram! Hope he keeps Pompey up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

lmao

poor guy looks like he is crapping himself every time i see him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

That_Guy wrote: »
    A great manager and deserved better at Chelsea. Portsmouth are lucky to get him.

one of the most underrated managers around imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm delighted to see him back in the Premiership - having met the man, I can vouch that he is a complete gentleman (& a bit of a dude, going on the bird he had on his arm that night!).

I would happily see him take over from Fergie when he retires & some more Premiership managerial time would do him no harm - especially if he rescues Pompey this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

As long as Pompey don't perform due to the new manager syndrome this weekend, then fair dues to him.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I can see Pompey winning this weekend. :D

And aren't Pompey a bogey team for United? Could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Johner wrote: »
    I can see Pompey winning this weekend. :D

And aren't Pompey a bogey team for United? Could be wrong though.

United beat them twice last season, though not easily.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Didn't he do quite well in the CL with two piss poor Israeli teams in the last 10 years aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

On SSN that Avram resigned. Not unexpected but after his run in the FA Cup and at bringing Chelsea as far as they ever got in the CL will he be offered the high profile roles?

Advertisement