Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for a recording of Tommy Tiernan and Hector Ó hEochagáin's new TV show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

I too would like to ridicule the show while concealing the fact that I applied for tickets.

You're just as funny as those lads, when is your show on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

JUST got another email today saying they are taking the tickets BACK from me as they finished the set and now have less seating than they thought:rolleyes:

I think it's a big publicity scam:p

*slaps head* and here I go posting about it again.

They said they'd keep me on a wait list (again), in fairness..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

Hi,
    I am very sorry to have to inform you that we will not now be able to accommodate you in the audience at Tommy and Hector's Craic House in Galway next week. Wit the set and stage design now finalised - and taking health and safety issues into account - we actually have a little less room than we had first anticipated.

I realise this is a disappointment and apologise for any inconvenience. We have created a priority standby list and will be in touch if any late spaces become available early next week due to cancellations.

I hope that you will still enjoy the show on television on RTÉ One on December 27th at 9.35pm.

Apologies again,
    Fintan

I had no impressionists in the group so i was an easy one to get cut. Poor form by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

I had no impressionists in the group so i was an easy one to get cut. Poor form by them.

A lucky escape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Lefournier

I think it's weird that TT had that outrageous rant at Electric Picnic, made an insulting "sorry if you're upset" kinda apology, ``and now is rewarded by RTE with a one-hour, primttime Xmas special.

On top of which, they will show it on RTE 1 at 9.30 on Sunday 27 Dec. so the kids on their holliers can watch.

Now, if you want to hike off to Galway to watch it in person....

But walk out if he pulls any more anti-semetic sh*t. For Jaysus sake.:cool:

http://www.politics.ie/media/119964-rewarding-failure-tommy-tiernan-joins-pat-neary-rody-molloy.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Lefournier wrote: »
    I think it's weird that TT had that outrageous rant at Electric Picnic, made an insulting "sorry if you're upset" kinda apology, ``and now is rewarded by RTE with a one-hour, primttime Xmas special.

On top of which, they will show it on RTE 1 at 9.30 on Sunday 27 Dec. so the kids on their holliers can watch.

Now, if you want to hike off to Galway to watch it in person....

But walk out if he pulls any more anti-semetic sh*t. For Jaysus sake.:cool:

http://www.politics.ie/media/119964-rewarding-failure-tommy-tiernan-joins-pat-neary-rody-molloy.html

Sound, I'll follow you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

That's a feckin disgrace in fairness... Let me get this right (correct me if i'm wrong):

1) You apply for tickets
    2) They tell you you were un-successful (fair enough, at least they replied and let you know)
    3) They then reply again telling you that you got tickets
    4) you go "yay!"
    5) They again reply saying "Ehh sorry actually you don't have tickets any more"

If that was me, i'd be feckin' raging. So much so that i'd make a deal of it. People could have made arrangments (ie. annual leave) to make sure they were free for this, only to be told that they were declined. If it were me, i'd protest at the entrance to the event. Infact... give me the date and time and i'll join ye! Only cause those 2 clowns deserve a nice oul smack in the face with a cold tea bag :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

JohnCleary wrote: »
    If that was me, i'd be feckin' raging. So much so that i'd make a deal of it. People could have made arrangments (ie. annual leave) to make sure they were free for this, only to be told that they were declined. If it were me, i'd protest at the entrance to the event. Infact... give me the date and time and i'll join ye! Only cause those 2 clowns deserve a nice oul smack in the face with a cold tea bag :pac:

I'll join ya. I'll bring the signs, you bring the tea.

e5292343cb08f576abd7c2aa4b0e7a0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

That's a feckin disgrace in fairness... Let me get this right (correct me if i'm wrong):

1) You apply for tickets
    2) They tell you you were un-successful (fair enough, at least they replied and let you know)
    3) They then reply again telling you that you got tickets
    4) you go "yay!"
    5) They again reply saying "Ehh sorry actually you don't have tickets any more"

I got my tickets taken back too.... Not really bothered at all, I think Tommy and Hector are tossers but would have been nice for my friends. Anyways what's the point in complaining. I actually get a kick out of how retarded RTE and most of the production companies they use are... Absolute ****ing idiots......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Ah... now... John, the tickets were free in fairness. Understandable that some people were annoyed that they were told they got tickets and then told they weren't, but it was hardly done on purpose.

I'm sure if you were organising the event you'd feel like a bit of a tit having to tell people you had to take them back, when you realised there wasn't as many seats as originally planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

Ah... now... John, the tickets were free in fairness. Understandable that some people were annoyed that they were told they got tickets and then told they weren't, but it was hardly done on purpose.

I'm sure if you were organising the event you'd feel like a bit of a tit having to tell people you had to take them back, when you realised there wasn't as many seats as originally planned.

Yeah but in fairness, these people organise these events for a living, it is their profession. To tell people that they don't have tickets, then tell them you do and bring three of your friends too, then take them back again. It's a bit farcical and ridiculous. Two of my friends love Tommy Tiernan and were really disappointed and I'm the one who felt like a tit telling them I didn't actually have tickets after all.....

Fair point Cathal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You could always just protest in the comfort of your own home with Quality Street and mince pies by not watching the show.It probably wasn't Tommy or Hector's fault that the seating was messed up though.

Anyone else see Hector slipping into conversation on the Late Late tonight how Tommy insisted on going to confession on the morning of his wedding in August? Am I being cynical in thinking this was a smarmy attempt to bolster his ratings at Xmas by winning over the conservative catholic Late Late show audience that he isolated in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Read this topic ages ago and decided to email for the craic! Received the first email saying I was put on waiting list, then I received the followup emailsaying they found room for me!! I haven't got the dreaded third one saying I've been uninvited (yet)! Should be interesting to see how it turns out!! :)

Read this topic ages ago and decided to email for the craic! Received the first email saying I was put on waiting list, then I received the followup emailsaying they found room for me!! I haven't got the dreaded third one saying I've been uninvited (yet)! Should be interesting to see how it turns out!! :)

It's...........

TheMuppetShow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

Got a email saying i had 2 tickets but have not heard a thing from them since - has anyone else? (apart from those unlucky enough to have been bumped off!).

Was contacted to say that I got the tickets I asked for.

No contact from them since to give people an idea when to show up or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Follow the stench of lame 'controversy'...

still ain't heard anything... i assume we should just turn up cos they'd have told us if we'd be pulled from the list! tempted to send a email asking

Friend got a call today (3rd time lucky!) to say we had tix (one less than we'd originally asked for). Doors at 6 and gig is standing. It will go to about 10 (but that's probably stop and start for telly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Just sent an email asking for two tickets. Im very late asking but lets just hope it works! if anyone is unable to attend, i would gladly take the tickets!

still ain't heard anything... i assume we should just turn up cos they'd have told us if we'd be pulled from the list! tempted to send a email asking

Same boat as that myself. No call or e-mail yet. Would like to know one way or another if I have tickets or not.

I'd say if you got one email saying you had tickets then you have. Go with the original contact.

If you heard nothing at all, then you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I got a call tonight too. They said they'd be sending emails with times tomorrow, but that it's doors at six, filming starts at seven.

Didn't mention the standing bit to me though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

JustMary wrote: »
    I got a call tonight too. They said they'd be sending emails with times tomorrow, but that it's doors at six, filming starts at seven.

Didn't mention the standing bit to me though
    :(
    ????

Think JM wasn't aware that the gig was standing and not seated...

JustMary wrote: »

Didn't mention the standing bit to me though :(

Got the same call yesterday evening aswell and she did mention that it was standing. It will probably be in the e-mail today as she said it will include full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

inisboffin wrote: »
    Think JM wasn't aware that the gig was standing and not seated...

I didn't either, 4 hours standing, not gonna be too fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Tommy and HECTOR will be there, of course it will be fun! :D

• Advertisement

Right headin into town for pre-pints before the show. Hopefully it's controversial tonight :D

Advertisement