Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for a recording of Tommy Tiernan and Hector Ó hEochagáin's new TV show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Didn't want to inflict me flu on yiz :o

Was about to post my tix on here but a friend nabbed them. Have fun, and reports please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

to be honest, I had fun but I expected a bit more, very low profile guests, no prizes and the stand for four hours, also the making of canned applause turned me off a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Low profile guests on an RTE show, why I've never heard the like.

mikom wrote: »
    Low profile guests on an RTE show, why I've never heard the like.
    Paul Galvin
    Maria Doyle Kennedy
    Some of Tommy and Hectors old clasmates came in to chat
    Kevin Myers

Did Maria sing, or was she just on for a natter?

Love her voice.

• Advertisement

inisboffin wrote: »
    Did Maria sing, or was she just on for a natter?

Love her voice.

both, she sang after

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Melwood Kop

PomBear wrote: »
    both, she sang after
    Thought it was just OK, not enough of Tommy and Hector being themselves really, the game was a giggle, the music acts were all excellent, and very diverse.... Thought the guests were average, I cant stand Paul Galvin, Maria Doyle Kennedy was good, the class mates was just dreadful, group of middle aged men remenicing about their schooldays, jokes that no one else really would get,, and Kevin Myres was too serious a guest and he is a pompous tit......

Interesting to see what it will be like on the TV, my first time to attend a recording of a tv programme, the retakes for tech issues can be boring.
    I think the concept of the programme is good though and would make a good series as they got used to presenting TV together......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Really enjoyed it but, but did expected a little bit more!!
    It was real interesting to see the work put into recording a TV show, and it's going to be interesting to see what makes the final cut out of the 2 hours or material or how exactly they're going to do it.
    As for the guests, I felt they coulda picked a few better people, ie, people who were a bit more "craic" as the name of the show kinda suggested!!!
    Thought Paul Galvin was fierce boring and Kevin Myers was awful irritating.
    Thought the music guests were..very ..uh, diverse..Maria Doyle sounded great, wasn't too keen on the first singer, it was kinda a sean nós kinda song, and the band at the end were just mental, but v funny
    Loved Tommys little comments off the camera ..biggest disappointment was half expecting to see the hardy bucks showing up! They had little clips throughout the show and was thinking it'd be a bitta craic for them to appear at the end as the last guests..but..no, we got Kevin Myers instead.. hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

'Twas a free gig, so I'm not complaining.

If I had to assess, loved the first singer, Maria whats-it was ok, and the last lads were just headbangers. Kevin Myers needed to be baited on more argumentative stuff, the school mates were tired and sounded it. And the warm-up guy (can't remember his name, an Aussie) was dreadful and should get himself a day job in Mt Isa.

But overall excellent value for money (even at 4.30 for a pint of Guinness!), and I'll be fascinated to see what bits make the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

shut your mouth Mary the guy at the start was class, prob the highlight, your just an awl boring religiously watches the late late show every weekend awl biddie and wouldn't get what he was on about anyways ya crayture, shove it up your hole ya dirty tramp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    shut your mouth Mary the guy at the start was class, prob the highlight, your just an awl boring religiously watches the late late show every weekend awl biddie and wouldn't get what he was on about anyways ya crayture, shove it up your hole ya dirty tramp

LOL, bit harsh there.

That Aussie guy ye're on about - that's the fella from Naked Camera, right? He's an awful sound fecker and any time i've seen him live (he was at the Roisin a few times) i've gotten a few laughs out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

JohnCleary wrote: »
    That Aussie guy ye're on about - that's the fella from Naked Camera, right? He's an awful sound fecker and any time i've seen him live (he was at the Roisin a few times) i've gotten a few laughs out of him

I wonder if he's on boards...

*looks at yeah-buddy*
    :)

ya have a look at me previous comments, do i sound like im from australia

im prob gonna get banned cos most of the moderators here have never heard the likes of this before, not for the 21st century kinda stuff, and are on big wages to keep things quiet

ya have a look at me previous comments, do i sound like im from australia

Ha. Ya caught me. I was just doing that.
    It made me wonder if I might actually know who you are though. Hmmm.
    I won't voice it here. :)

Anyway you don't sound like an Aussie. You are obviously just voraciously defensive of their comedic exports . :)

You'll also probably be banned if ya don't edit your initial post. Go on...be nice to Mary.

not ta t'all, not gonna be sensored

not ta t'all, not gonna be sensored

Live by the sword die by the sword. :(

Alas yeah-buddy , I knew him well.

One question... do you wear crocs in the summer?

moderator must be on his lunch break

chilly wrote: »

One question... do you wear crocs in the summer?

if your trying to figure out who i am, I have no idea what your on about im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Join_Us.jpg

yeah-buddy given some time to reflect

the fewl

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

shut your mouth Mary the guy at the start was class,

Thank you for sharing your unique and special opinion, we're all greatly enriched by it. :D

I'll be sure to tell Mr Just of your thoughts: personally I didn't find warm-up-guy (interesting that none of us can remember his name) that bad, even though some of his jokes clearly didn't work with the crowd. Mr Just, OTOH, disliked him very strongly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

JustMary wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your unique and special opinion, we're all greatly enriched by it. :D

I'll be sure to tell Mr Just of your thoughts: personally I didn't find warm-up-guy (interesting that none of us can remember his name) that bad, even though some of his jokes clearly didn't work with the crowd. Mr Just, OTOH, disliked him very strongly.

Maybe it was just the crowd? In fairness Mary he's not the worst bloke in the world. I'd rate him top-class compared to some of the idiots i've had to listen to (and pay to) at the Roisin Dubh on Wednesday nights

Who was the warm up guy? I know you said he's Aussie, but is he based in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

inisboffin wrote: »
    Who was the warm up guy? I know you said he's Aussie, but is he based in Galway?

Count your blessings you guys, I actually paid (???) to go see Tim Minchin not so long ago up in Dublin, pure utter sh*te.

Count your blessings you guys, I actually paid (???) to go see Tim Minchin not so long ago up in Dublin, pure utter sh*te.

Surely Tim Minchin (sp?) wasn't the 'warm up' act for Tommy and Hector??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭suraheg

Am shocked!! They cut loadssss of good stuff from the show! mostly controversial stuff tho.. damn rte! the bit about the shannon swelling and giving them a solution to the priest problem... and the bit when the guys from their school were talking about the travellers?! that was hilarious!And they cut that awesome awesome girl from navan getting slagged from the start.. tis me!

I must say ye all sounded very enthusiastic in your applause for people who were standing around for 4 hours. :)

twas **** on d tv alright

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Missed the live show and the TV show.
    Dave O Connell in todays 'Sentinel' reckons the TV was awful:

http://www.galwaynews.ie/10499-no-craic-tomy-hectors-house

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

I can't believe this is still being talked about.

It thought it was pretty awful to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

gufcfan wrote: »
    I can't believe this is still being talked about.

It thought it was pretty awful to be honest.

Carlsberg don't do Irony...

Advertisement