Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DAB/wifi/dock

• 26-11-2009 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

I'm looking for a DAB radio.

Requirements are

FM/DAB
    Alarm clock.
    Wi-fi internet radio
    Ipod dock.
    remote control

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ntlbell wrote: »
    Hi guys

wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

I'm looking for a DAB radio.

Requirements are

FM/DAB
    Alarm clock.
    Wi-fi internet radio
    Ipod dock.
    remote control

Ack - would rec the roberts wm-202 but it has no remote. Also no dock, but there's a aux in - you can get a cable in halfords for less than a fiver.

I'm really liking this, by the way:
    http://www.pure.com/products/product.asp?Product=VL-61294 which ticks all your boxes, i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

tbh wrote: »
    Ack - would rec the roberts wm-202 but it has no remote. Also no dock, but there's a aux in - you can get a cable in halfords for less than a fiver.

I'm really liking this, by the way:
    http://www.pure.com/products/product.asp?Product=VL-61294 which ticks all your boxes, i think.

I really like the look of the pure, but it's pretty expensive, has no built in dock and some of the reviews give the usability/touch screen/radio a bit of a hammering for the price

do you own one?

I really like the look of the pure, but it's pretty expensive, has no built in dock and some of the reviews give the usability/touch screen/radio a bit of a hammering for the price

do you own one?

No - price was a decider for me on that as well. I would look at getting one mid-next year when the firmware has been updated and the price drops a little. I'm currently considering a second roberts - have one in my study and want one for the kitchen. Maybe santy will be good this year :)

edit - btw, there's a dock available for the pure (at extra cost tho)

I'm debating sacrificing the wi-fi and going for this

I'm debating sacrificing the wi-fi and going for this

nice - but I'd rather sacrifice the DAB and keep wi-fi I think..

• Advertisement

nice - but I'd rather sacrifice the DAB and keep wi-fi I think..

decided to go with this I came to my senses sacrificing wifi would be just silly.

decided to go with this I came to my senses sacrificing wifi would be just silly.

:) I was going to suggest that, but the price is quite near the pure- maybe £80 or so in the balance? It looks really nice, but it seems to have quite a big footprint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Good choice, personally I think my DAB radio is waste of space but WIFI is the business indeed.

:) I was going to suggest that, but the price is quite near the pure- maybe £80 or so in the balance? It looks really nice, but it seems to have quite a big footprint?

The price of the pure wasn't a big problem but I didn't want to fork it out and not get everything I wanted and the reviews din't fill me with much confidence :D

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »
    Good choice, personally I think my DAB radio is waste of space but WIFI is the business indeed.

do you own the flow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I've an Avanti Flow:

http://whathifi.com/Review/Pure-Digital-Avanti-Flow/

It's pretty amazing the sound quality out of it. Wifi, DAB, iDock and the music streaming is great too.

I think they are starting to appear in stores here too?

S.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

What do you lads think of this: http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1833895/art/aq/revo-iblik-radiostation-d.html#tech-specs

I'm looking for a wifi radio which has an IPOD dock, and this seems to have that as well as DAB.

I need the wifi as I want to listen to non-English language talk radio, specifically French talk radio.

My budget is c. €200.

Thanks

I've an Avanti Flow:

http://whathifi.com/Review/Pure-Digital-Avanti-Flow/

It's pretty amazing the sound quality out of it. Wifi, DAB, iDock and the music streaming is great too.

I think they are starting to appear in stores here too?

S.

Been very impressed with it so far.

Very easy to use, the sound is fantastic, was setup and listening to streams in 2 or 3 minutes.

Really suprised at how loud it is for the size, the neighbours won't be happy ;)

the lounge could be a bit better but all in all it's a fantastic well built radio.

reccomended

Advertisement