Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poorly Puppy

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

sp sorry about your little angel :(

personally, i wouldn`t take another pup from the same litter, also, check with your vet about bringing another puppy into your house so soon after a parvo outbreak....i seem to remember reading somewhere that it takes a certain amount of time to be safe although disinfectants such as "safe4" are really good!!!
    maybe a slightly older puppy that has finished its needles would be a safer option!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Beckyb wrote: »
    Vet 'thinks' she had it when she came to us as was ill so quick after us getting her.
    My other 2 are fine, but just gave them their boosters to be on the safe side.

He had 2 puppies left when we took Lexi and he had them both tested and they were clear.
    We are going to contact his vet just to verify this.

The sister would be given to us in replacement.

Did you sign any kind of contract with the breeder? Unfortunately as with any purchase it is a case of Buyer Beware, I would always implore anyone buying a pup to sign a contract for just such an occasion, a good breeder will either offer this to you or will have no problem with you suggesting it. As your other two dogs are vacinated they could be carriers without showing symptoms, I'm not a vet but as the other two pups are clear this would be my guess and if this is the case I'm afraid the breeder wouldn't be liable.

Advertisement