Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Glue

Options
  • 26-11-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Has anyone used hot glue guns for temporary work i.e. where you need to glue on a block and remove it later? How do you 'unglue' it, would a heat gun work? Tks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

its not very strong, a good knock will seperate it and usually the remaining glue can be removed with a chisel

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

As bdoo said,not strong but its quick to set and easy to knock off when needed.
    I've been using the lidl one for years now.Its very good and by far the cheapest for glue sticks(real bonus with this one is that it detatches from the holding base,so no wires in the way):)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

The other thing is that the glue is thick.. so you won't get a very thin glue line I don't think.. not sure if that's important. It may be possible to squeeze pieces together for a thin glue line, never really tried it to be honest, but the hot glue would be a similar consistency to silicone...

It's very like the glue used in glossy magazines to attach free samples of perfumes and creams.. so fairly clear, rubbery sort of stuff... a bit like dried silicone or caulk.

I use it for one purpose... to attach lower framing on framed cabinets where something like an integrated dishwasher must be left accessable, but yet there's a piece of fixed framing running under the door.. I've tried various things but the hot glue seems to be best for this.

Defo worth buying one.. they're very cheap and the glue is most suitable for certain things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

The Lidl glue is the business, i got raped for 6 tiny glue sticks in woodies 3.99 i think, big box of about twenty in lidl only 2.50 - Value!

It's super fast and easy to clean up, the plug in guns are fine too the cable doesn't bother me too much at all.

Advertisement