Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

washing car

• 26-11-2009 2:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

im just wondering whats the best way to wash my car. i wash it about once a week. by that stage it is really dirty. you see i live in the country on a farm and now when you meet a car in the raod and you go into the ditch the wheel starts spinning and dirtys all the side. so all in all it ends up with this really thick coat of dirt. i find if i use the power washer it always leaves streaks. if i use an old tea towel its filty after just doing one side. whats the best item to use.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

tbh thats what i did mostly but its just the trouble of it. you see our power washer goes on to the tractor and you could be sure there will always be something on every tractor when you want it. so it would mean taking that off and then putting on the power washing and filling a drum with water and then after it all go over it with a tea towel. just wondering a such is there any magic product out yet.

would a brush destroy it first. are them brushed you attach to a hose anygood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Two buckets, good wash mitt and a good shampoo - that's all you need.

If you want to dry it afterwards then use a good detailing spray & a microfibre drying towel.

All the advice and products you need on this site; Polished Bliss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

My dad uses one of them brushes with water coming out of it for washing his car. So far it hasn't marked it. If you press too hard of course the plastic will hit the paint so don't do that.

He uses it for cleaning his dirty wheels and then just cleans the brush head with a hose or in the bucket so it's ready for the next wash.

Would you still need the drum to pump water through a hose or do you have a tap?

Downside to the brush thing is that it will cost more than a yard brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

My dad uses one of them brushes with water coming out of it for washing his car. So far it hasn't marked it. If you press too hard of course the plastic will hit the paint so don't do that.

He uses it for cleaning his dirty wheels and then just cleans the brush head with a hose or in the bucket so it's ready for the next wash.

Would you still need the drum to pump water through a hose or do you have a tap?

Downside to the brush thing is that it will cost more than a yard brush.

I'd say the clear coat is destroyed if he has used a brush on the paintwork. Something along the lines of this...

19.JPG

That car had been washed with a brush a few times...

Even with a very soft lambswool mitt and two buckets it can be quite difficult to keep the finish swirl/scratch free - you're almost 100% sure to do damage when using a plastic bristled brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Seperate wrote: »
    I'd say the clear coat is destroyed if he has used a brush on the paintwork. Something along the lines of this...

19.JPG

That car had been washed with a brush a few times...

Even with a very soft lambswool mitt and two buckets it can be quite difficult to keep the finish swirl/scratch free - you're almost 100% sure to do damage when using a plastic bristled brush.

Ha I was going to say if that was your car you could try detailer.ie haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭tc20

Advertisement