Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I ask myself: Is this healthy for a young kid??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

OMG that kids form totally blows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

He's just doing in an organised way what most kids would do with a mat and a bar. Almost everything he was doing was some version of normal martial arts or gymnastic exercises for kids that age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

that cgi rocks, the kid looks so real

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

no thats toally real! Isn't it?

The kid kicks ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Transform wrote: »
    no thats toally real! Isn't it?

The kid kicks ass

agreed his form kicks ass, as well as impressive weights by the looks of things .. i cant help feeling he is living out somebody elses dream though, not sure if its fair to be using a kid like that ..

corkcomp wrote: »
    agreed his form kicks ass, as well as impressive weights by the looks of things .. i cant help feeling he is living out somebody elses dream though, not sure if its fair to be using a kid like that ..

Kid is clearly enjoying himself to be fair....

it's the equivalent of a kid being an amazing soccer player at the age of 8 or whatever imo.

I'm just sorry my folks didn't expose me to weight training at a much younger age when i asked 'em to!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,140 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You can look at this two ways I guess

well once the kid is happy thats all that matters and that he not being pushed into doing soemthing he does not want to do.

Least the kid is healthy etc, Beats playing computer games and watching tv all day and eating junk food etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

There also no chance of him being bullied in school!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

I'd question whether that level of muscle mass is naturally achievable on a child of his age. Unless he has a genetic 'defect' or something. the thought of a parent giving there child steroids just so they can be buff is disgusting though, not saying thats whats happening here but it could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kid is clearly enjoying himself to be fair....
    Yes, I have seen it before on a gymnastics site, some mixed opinions on it. His name is Giuliano Stroe

I found this a lot more disturbing, if you found the previous one was bad then avoid this...

MrPain wrote: »
    I'd question whether that level of muscle mass is naturally achievable on a child of his age. Unless he has a genetic 'defect' or something. the thought of a parent giving there child steroids just so they can be buff is disgusting though, not saying thats whats happening here but it could be.

Genetic freak! I've a friend whose daughter never willingly moves from in front of the TV, but she has abs like a pro bodybuilder. Seriously, she sucks in and it's like a bar of chocolate. Given a bit of a push in the right direction, she could probably rival that kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes, I have seen it before on a gymnastics site, some mixed opinions on it. His name is Giuliano Stroe

I found this a lot more disturbing, if you found the previous one was bad then avoid this...

You don't create a super race to conquer the world without a little work! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ellechim

GUYS WAKE UP.

ARE YOU COMPLETELY DERANGED.

THESE ARE CHILDREN.

THIS IS WRONG WRONG WRONG.

IT IS ABUSE. THESE CHILDREN ARE ENTIRELY POWERLESS TO OBJECT OR PUSH BACK.

I'M SURE THAT SOME OF YOU WHO HAVE POSTED ON THIS THREAD ARE PARENTS OR AUNTS OR UNCLES. WOULD YOU HAVE YOUR SON/DAUGHTER/NIECE/NEPHEW DO THIS?

FOR ****'S SAKE WE HAVE A COUNTRY WHICH HAS BEEN RAVAGED BY ABUSE OF CHILDREN AND WE'RE HERE CELEBRATING ABUSE OF ANOTHER NATURE IN OTHER COUNTRIES. IT'S JUST ABUSE OF ANOTHER NATURE.

WHAT KIND OF PLACE AM I LIVING IN?

BY THE WAY, I HAVE DELIBERATELY POSTED IN CAPITALS AS YOUR POSTS MAKE ME SO VERY VERY ANGRY.

I COME ON THIS THREAD FOR IDEAS ON HOW TO IMPROVE MY FITNESS NOT TO SEE CHILD ABUSE?

PEOPLE PLEASE GET REAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭thatsa spicy

Okay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

He's just doing in an organised way what most kids would do with a mat and a bar. Almost everything he was doing was some version of normal martial arts or gymnastic exercises for kids that age.

He's a strong kid, I reckon I could take him though.

Ellechim,
    WOULD YOU HAVE YOUR SON/DAUGHTER/NIECE/NEPHEW DO THIS?

You can be f*ckin sure I would. If you put that youngfella out in Grafton Street doing somersaults you'd make a bloody fortune.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Ellechim wrote: »
    GUYS WAKE UP.

THESE ARE CHILDREN.

I'M SURE THAT SOME OF YOU WHO HAVE POSTED ON THIS THREAD ARE PARENTS OR AUNTS OR UNCLES. WOULD YOU HAVE YOUR SON/DAUGHTER/NIECE/NEPHEW DO THIS?

FOR ****'S SAKE WE HAVE A COUNTRY WHICH HAS BEEN RAVAGED BY ABUSE OF CHILDREN AND WE'RE HERE CELEBRATING ABUSE OF ANOTHER NATURE IN OTHER COUNTRIES. IT'S JUST ABUSE OF ANOTHER NATURE.

BY THE WAY, I HAVE DELIBERATELY POSTED IN CAPITALS AS YOUR POSTS MAKE ME SO VERY VERY ANGRY.

I COME ON THIS THREAD FOR IDEAS ON HOW TO IMPROVE MY FITNESS NOT TO SEE CHILD ABUSE?

PEOPLE PLEASE GET REAL

The only thing being abused is my eyes by that crap you wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'm suing my parents for making me participate in an aggressive, violent sport that constantly inflicted pain on me. I trained hard, I puked, I bled and I broke bones - my parents are monsters!

Now every time I attend a game of rugby I get so worked up by my history of abuse that I start shouting violently and jumping up and down.

My parents have left me a legacy of pain and suffering - the monsters.

I pay good money to have my kids do taekwondo where they do press-ups, splits, monkey run, all sorts of jumps and spins and flips. And while there is a certain amount of grumbling when it comes time to go to class, they love being fit and being able to do stuff their friends can't.

GUYS WAKE UP.

THESE ARE CHILDREN.

PEOPLE PLEASE GET REAL

Obvious Troll is fúcking OTT.

If you have a point you can make civilly surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Snowdrop

Ugh! Revolting picture at 02.11. This is wrong on so many levels. I'm all for fit kids but not this. He's what? 6/7 What's next, his baby sister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Having your kid fit, flexible, strong and healthy... good.

Sticking it on the internet for all to see... bad.

Kids can't respect their own privacy, so it's up to Mam and Dad to respect it for them. I hope that kid punches his Da right in the nose when he's 18. The only permissable form of this is taking a nude picture of your kid in the bath at age 2 to show to his future girlfriends when they first come to visit. This is a tradition that must be respected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi All

I might be wrong but I think Ellechim's post was more about the Chinese Gymnasts training then the original post of the young guy.

And I would have to agree, even though I am not a parent, if I seen an adult treating any young child in the manner these so called gymnastic coaches are treating these children, I would hospitalise the coach, without a doubt.

I thought that second video was sickening.

Best Regards,

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

GUYS WAKE UP.

Less of that please. Abusing your fellow posters is hardly the way to get your point across.
    Ellechim wrote:
    THESE ARE CHILDREN.

Well, that's the point of this thread - to debate the title "Is this healthy for a young kid??" I don't think you'll find many people agreeing that the treatment of the Chinese children in the second youtube video is particularly right, but in the first one? Doesn't look like the kid is doing it under duress at all.
    Ellechim wrote:
    Again, for the Chinese video, I agree entirely. Although having said that there's apart of me that believes that tough love is a necessarily evil to push someone to their boundaries and beyond, the kind of pushing that's necessary to make a world champion.
    Ellechim wrote:
    Be fit and healthy? Hell yes. Get actively involved in a competitive sport from a young age? Without doubt. Have a Chinese coach guiding them? Probably not.
    Ellechim wrote:
    I don't see where anyone's "celebrating" abuse - some tongue in cheek comments, sure, but no celebrating.
    Ellechim wrote:
    Don't it just makes a bit of a farce of your post.
    Ellechim wrote:
    This thread has a fairly specific title, not sure how you could come in here looking for advice. I see your point, but I don't think it's at all fair to say that we're advocating or celebrating child abuse here in any way.

In future, if you have a problem with a post please report it instead of 'shouting' at everyone on-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

daily_mail_canvas_medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Regarding the first video of the boy, I can see why an average lazy couch potato would view this as child abuse.
    Their perception is so warped as to what is normal, that a kid having any form of strength, balance or fitness must seem bizarre to them.
    That boy is only doing what is completely natural for a human child.
    It's mostly bodyweight exercises he seems to perform. The human body is meant to climb, run, jump, push, pull, etc. The human body is not particularly suited to 10 hour PS3 sessions fuelled by spaghetti hoops.
    Good on him although there is definately an element of a parent living vicariously through him, hence the video on the internet and the craving of fame. I agree with Roper and he should punch his oul lad in the face when he is older.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

B-Builder wrote: »
    Hi All

I might be wrong but I think Ellechim's post was more about the Chinese Gymnasts training then the original post of the young guy.

And I would have to agree, even though I am not a parent, if I seen an adult treating any young child in the manner these so called gymnastic coaches are treating these children, I would hospitalise the coach, without a doubt.

I thought that second video was sickening.

Best Regards,

M

Id agreed with you on this if anyone touched my Child this way they would be hospitalized , I am talking about the Chinese Gymnastic training video the other one he is just very talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

in russia and china the gymnastics training starts while the kids are in nappies.
    if the parents were really worried about the kids being tortured they wouldnt send their kids in. ever wonder why ireland has never had an olympics gymnast?!!!

hard work regardless of weather its a 10 year old or a 40 year old is still hard work.... and these people thrive at being good, thrive at learning.... there is an element of pain in every sport, it just happens to be worse in gymnastics.

at the end of the day, i coach kids who end up crying almost every training session..... I dont feel sorry for them, they choose to show up, they choose to come back every session and they leave with a smile, because they are living their dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

This wrote: »
    in russia and china the gymnastics training starts while the kids are in nappies.
    if the parents were really worried about the kids being tortured they wouldnt send their kids in. ever wonder why ireland has never had an olympics gymnast?!!!

hard work regardless of weather its a 10 year old or a 40 year old is still hard work.... and these people thrive at being good, thrive at learning.... there is an element of pain in every sport, it just happens to be worse in gymnastics.

at the end of the day, i coach kids who end up crying almost every training session..... I dont feel sorry for them, they choose to show up, they choose to come back every session and they leave with a smile, because they are living their dream.

Never the less the Chinese regime is cruel in the extreme. People might think the anti-China idea is just veiled racism. It isn't. The things that go on in that country would astound you. This isn't about being scared of a little hard work. Kids are pushed to breaking point and the few that make it through it with their limbs intact are the freaks who go on to win gold medals. It's a screening program, not a training program.

...and what the hell do you coach? Knife fighting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ok the chinese video is a disgrace

the first one i dont have too much of a problem with at all. i find the posing distastefull for some reason not sure why but i do the athletic feats i have no problem with fair play to him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement