Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I ask myself: Is this healthy for a young kid??

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

el dude wrote: »
    Why are you doing that? Are there only the two extremes here or what?

Seems to be that way. Either you think this is child abuse or you're a weirdo.

Children are getting exercise that's all I see, you can't trust either video as they're edited. The Chinese one looks bad but it's a very slickly made video which I'm sure had an agenda to push. I doubt all of the kids training is like that. Frankly it doesn't seem much worse than a GAA coach screaming and shouting at an under 12 team in the rain. I don't agree with either of them but I've met childhood gymnasts and childhood GAA players and it doesn't seem to have affected them too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

el dude wrote: »
    Why are you doing that? Are there only the two extremes here or what?

what rubadub described is the norm not the extreme thats the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Healthy?? yes

Ethical?? prob not

Children that age haven't developed the concepts necessary to be able to make their own decisions. Their actions are based on the reaction they get from their other people. For example: Dads happy when I flex and do push ups, ill keep doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭badrlampard8

Healthy?? yes

Ethical?? prob not

Children that age haven't developed the concepts necessary to be able to make their own decisions. Their actions are based on the reaction they get from their other people. For example: Dads happy when I flex and do push ups, ill keep doing this.

That is exactly what i meant to say to you guys

Phil D wrote: »
    I don't think this is child abuse any more than giving kids sweets and DVDs instead of attention and interest. It may be hard for the kids but they're learning important life lessons and real skills. Ask them in ten or fifteen years was it worth it and I'm sure they'll say yes. As opposed to lazy Irish parents pawning their kids off on tv, computer games and junk food until they're old enough to knacker drink. Fair play to the adults for caring about and encouraging the kids.

do not compare this with too fat children. they know they are getting better en that is not healthy

but this kid does not know because there are not adverts about children not to exercise or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

do not compare this with too fat children. they know they are getting better en that is not healthy

but this kid does not know because there are not adverts about children not to exercise or something like that

can you repeat that in english?

PeakOutput wrote: »
    what rubadub described is the norm not the extreme thats the problem

the extreme is the problem too, look at this kid abs

The Situation would be jealous of that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

the extreme is the problem too, look at this kid abs

The Situation would be jealous of that :o
    10 month bump. nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It's better than getting raped.**

**I know rape's no laughing matter. Unless you're being raped by a clown.

Hanley wrote: »
    It's better than getting raped.**

**I know rape's no laughing matter. Unless you're being raped by a clown.

no raped is better then ripped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

no raped is better then ripped

LOL...WTF??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Closed before it gets ripped....i mean raped....

Please dont bump old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement