Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best ----- in Maynooth

• 26-11-2009 2:58pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right folks, tell us where you find the best of whatever it is you like in Maynooth. Spefically where on campus does the best coffee? I've recently got into the stuff. :D

Best pint of Guinness for me is in O'Neills, not only cause it's tasty but the staff and owner are really friendly. And there's a cute girl works there too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I've found that O'Briens do the best coffees.

Best for a cheap lunch is Elite... mmm toasted special and cuppa tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

I found myself missing the rye café terribly recently :(
    What I wouldn't give for a competitively priced plate of nuggets and chips with curry sauce...and on fridays, the SU is closed, so nuggets and chips is off the menu entirely :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Kazuma wrote: »
    I found myself missing the rye café terribly recently :(
    What I wouldn't give for a competitively priced plate of nuggets and chips with curry sauce...and on fridays, the SU is closed, so nuggets and chips is off the menu entirely :(

Oh god The Rye. Chips with your fry in the morning, nothing like it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I've found that O'Briens do the best coffees.

Best for a cheap lunch is Elite... mmm toasted special and cuppa tea!

Where is Elite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

On main street, beside Caulfields. Cheap as!

Best Chinese has to be Lotus:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Great idea for a thread!

Bookshop down the end of main street (past londis) does cheapest stationary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Best ride? Anyone? And before anyone says anything, this thread was going that way :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Best ride? Anyone? And before anyone says anything, this thread was going that way :cool:

*inevitable "yer ma" comment*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

You're the best ride, LeixlipRed!!!
    Nah, the best ride is definitely the swings in the park :) haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

we're all just a bunch of swingers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

You're the best ride, LeixlipRed!!!
    Nah, the best ride is definitely the swings in the park :) haha

:eek:

Don't wanna know what you is doing with them swings!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

The indian above Caulfields is best take away, and is great for lunch on a weekend, beats any carvery crap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

Personally, I think the best coffee on campus is from Bewley's in the arts block. Also, Nnew O' Brien's opening in Manor Mills today i think, must check it out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Best hot chocolate has to be in the café at the back of Manor Mills :D mmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Best free wifi: O'Briens in Manor Mills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Campus is surely better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Best hot chocolate has to be in the café at the back of Manor Mills :D mmmmm

Ooooooo thats lovely!

But I'd say twisty's would give a it a run for best in Maynooth. Especially its Hot white chocolate.

Not White Hot Chocolate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Best chicken: The Butcher's block in manor mills :) I think I buy like 90 % of what I eat from there;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Campus is surely better?

Campus wireless sucks. It's so slow :( in the apartments anyway.
    Ooooooo thats lovely!

But I'd say twisty's would give a it a run for best in Maynooth. Especially its Hot white chocolate.

Not White Hot Chocolate :P

Indeed :D

That hot white chocolate sounds shexy! May have to try it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Campus wireless sucks. It's so slow :( in the apartments anyway.

whaaaat? My apartments wireless is really fast! But it also happens that I am the only one in apartment that uses it :D

Best breakfast: Supermacs Muffins and Ice cream :cool: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

This thread made me laugh after a long day, the big swing is DEFINITELY the best ride, just don't do it after a bottle of wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

Rozabeez wrote: »
    This thread made me laugh after a long day, the big swing is DEFINITELY the best ride, just don't do it after a bottle of wine.
    You speak the truth sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

whaaaat? My apartments wireless is really fast! But it also happens that I am the only one in apartment that uses it :D

Best breakfast: Supermacs Muffins and Ice cream :cool: ;)
    someone has clearly not tried my chocolate strawberry pancakes;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Best BLT is the roost, €5.50 for a toasted BLT and chips.

Anybody got any good ideas whats the best place to go on a date in Maynooth that doesn't involve drinking!! Need ideas fast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Anybody got any good ideas whats the best place to go on a date in Maynooth that doesn't involve drinking!! Need ideas fast!

A dinner date you mean? that chinese beside supermacs does the nicest satay and I don't even like satay all that much! Other than that, The middley bit of the roost, up the little stairs but not up the big stairs is a good spot for a quiet drink (I know you said you didn't wanna be drinking but even to get some of their bar food and sit there, you can actually have a conversation even if it's fairly busy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The Wine Cellar = Nicest food in Maynooth. We're going there for a Christmas meal. Early bird menu is €20......garlic mushrooms with a delicious sauce and bread for starter, pasta and chicken in white cream sauce for main and profiteroles for desert. Heavenly....
    That's just 5 or 6 pints if you think about it. Really nice place too. Greta service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

coffee mill...nice and cosy

or make them dinner, works better than bringing them out somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Best Chinese has to be Lotus, for lunch or dinner Mantra food is gorgeous! :pHHhmmmm the Ceasar salad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Have a chat with Lorenzo Mizzoni am sure he'll let ya spend the evening there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jezzington

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Royal City yet for the best Chinese. Scruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumptious.

Downstairs in Brady's is the best place for Saturday night tomfoolery, B2 is okay as well, but sometimes it gets packed too quickly and the DJ seems to play the exact same songs in the exact same order every week... Still, Brady's remains the pub for me, and O'Neill's a very close second. The Roost tends to be better on a Sunday than Saturday, although try to leave before that "musical" duo show up... "Anyone ever hear of Stereophonics/Eagle Eye Cherry/U2/Aslan? Okay this one is for you..." :mad:

Worst - As a chipper, I think Romayo's is disgusting. Bland inedible chips, fish dripping of grease, queasy snackboxes, and disgracefully overpriced.

Advertisement