Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Tax costs €2.9 million more than it raises

Options
  • 26-11-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Dog tax raises €2.8 million, costs €5.7 to administer.

http://www.leovaradkar.ie/?p=669

For WRITTEN answer on Tuesday, 17th November, 2009.

Ref No: 41533/09
    Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government (Mr. Gormley):

In 2008 revenue from the sale of dog licences to local authorities was €2.8m. This compares to a cost of administering the service of €5.7m.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭someoneok

How much more evidence do people need before they realise we need to find alternative ways to run the country. Sad that people keep going back to the robbers for their property back. check out the actual translation of the irish constitution found at wethepeople.ie for a way to show the courts that our rights to have dogs or anything in fact are higher than any human statute. There are no provisions in the constitution for an income tax either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

someoneok wrote: »
    There are no provisions in the constitution for an income tax either.

I see no mention of hospitals there so should we close them ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

mout wrote: »
    Dog tax raises €2.8 million, costs €5.7 to administer.

http://www.leovaradkar.ie/?p=669

For WRITTEN answer on Tuesday, 17th November, 2009.

Ref No: 41533/09
    Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government (Mr. Gormley):

In 2008 revenue from the sale of dog licences to local authorities was €2.8m. This compares to a cost of administering the service of €5.7m.

this really is a banana republic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Why the hell arent all public charges indexed, so things like thing would not happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

When you say cost to administer, are we talking dog wardens & the up keep of kennells or pencil pushers on flexi time...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Dog tax.........wtf?:pac:

How can you tax a dog?
    How about a friend tax?

Judging by some of the facebook profiles around, we'd clean up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

When you say cost to administer, are we talking dog wardens & the up keep of kennells or pencil pushers on flexi time...?

Just administer i'd bet. Typical example of public sector waste and inefficiency and bureaucracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Just administer i'd bet. Typical example of public sector waste and inefficiency and bureaucracy.

Not very efficient administration going on. I renewed the dog licences for my 3 in February at the Post Office. I got a letter from the dog licence section in May telling me the I hadn't renewed the licences and requesting that I fork up immediately. When I rang them to say I'd actually renewed the licences three months previously I was told not to worry - the post office probably just hadn't got round to sending them in to the dog licensing section yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

ghost_ie wrote: »
    Not very efficient administration going on. I renewed the dog licences for my 3 in February at the Post Office. I got a letter from the dog licence section in May telling me the I hadn't renewed the licences and requesting that I fork up immediately. When I rang them to say I'd actually renewed the licences three months previously I was told not to worry - the post office probably just hadn't got round to sending them in to the dog licensing section yet

I could insure my dog online in no time and insurance is much more complex than a simple licence. Why cant it be do online and automated? That would surely cut a load of these clerical officers out of the cost .

Advertisement