Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pasta machine?

Options
  • 26-11-2009 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I want to buy someone a pasta machine (pasta roller?!) for Christmas, can anyone recommend a brand or even how much you should pay for a decent one? I don't know anything about them! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

+1 looking for one too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ive only seen one brand in the dublin shops so far, and it goes for seventy squid. No idea what else is out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got an Imperia recently after being told by two different chefs that it is one of the best on the market. I think I paid around the €50 mark for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

No idea what the best is.

I have a Marcato Atlas that Mrs. Bonkey bought me for Chrimbo a few years ago, and I'm perfectly happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I have a Kitchen Craft one which is fairly good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've had an Imperia one for about 10 years and am very happy with it. I think I paid about 30 quid old money for it at the time and it seems to be roughly the same on amazon.co.uk these days.

You can get attachments for gnocchi and ravioli for it also, which is nice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

imperia are the ones i saw in kitchen complements and stock. for around the seventy mark as i said.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I bought the one they were selling in Arnott's last christmas and it lasted 2 days before the rollers broke.

have been looking for a better one ever since and not found anything decent so far, so some of the suggestions above might well be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Can't recommend a machine, but this might give some tips on what to look for when buying one......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r4ZUdIomsc&feature=PlayList&p=EC516CE6818B16CD&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=44

Go to 4mins in.........

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Telia wrote: »
    I want to buy someone a pasta machine (pasta roller?!) for Christmas, can anyone recommend a brand or even how much you should pay for a decent one? I don't know anything about them! Thanks!

My lady loves cooking, loves pasta and loves Italian food. So I bought her a pasta machine last christmas............ big mistake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement