Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballybunion Half and 10k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 richie_d

€40 isn't bad. Dingle is €60 and most others seems to be €50 and above. Course looks good from their website. I must confess that I grew up near BallyB but have "lived away" for over twenty years......I'll be entering, good excuse to get fit and also to make a weekend of it over easter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

make sure you enter before the new year as the price goes up to 50euro after that!!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The cost increases to €50* from January 1st 2010"[/FONT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

At this rate there may be a 10k or half marathon in each townland in Ireland before long. Me thinks there could be a few "one hit wonders" in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Yup I'm signed up, 'home' is about 30 minutes up the road.
    Did the dingle half last september and the scenery was fantastic! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Abhainn wrote: »
    At this rate there may be a 10k or half marathon in each townland in Ireland before long. Me thinks there could be a few "one hit wonders" in 2010.

When are Sligo going to get a half. I would do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Interyurauldone

If ballybunion gets the weather on Easter Saturday the views out over the shannon estuary and the ballybunion cliffs will be amazing.

Although that run up doon hill at the very start of the race will bring alot of people some pain early doors!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I'm signed up for this as well. How bad is the hill at the start compared to the hill at the start of the half in Connemara? The rest of the course looks ok apart from the climb between mile 7 and 8. Nice down hill finish from there though thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Also signed up for this, anybody have a map of the route (Garmin or Map my run?)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Woundedknee.

Also signed up for this, anybody have a map of the route (Garmin or Map my run?)

There's a map of the half marathon route on the website and i'm told the 10k route map will be online soon. Same start and finish which makes me think it will branch off around the 2 mile mark. Have registered for the 10K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

i am also doing the half and the 5miler in kilarney the night before,any on else doing the same or am i mad?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement