If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46-50in phillips TVs

Options
  • 26-11-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm close to decided on getting myself a 50" g10 (once I can either get hold of somewhere in ireland selling them or make a trip up north) but I'm still somewhat hessitant to go for a plasma as I'm not 100% sure I can trust everyone else in the house not to leave it on overnight with a blu-ray menu or something showing :/

Soooo... What tvs are there in the 46-50" range from the phillips store? And also importantly, what are the prices? :D

I dont think I will be considering anything from them 5 range, and if I was getting a 7 series, I would probably jump up to the 8 for the Ambilight. so as a narrowed search, if you could show me the following: 46+ inch 8 or 9 series tvs and prices :)

Thanks,

GiR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hi GirRobot,

The 47PFL8404 is at the retail price of €1499.99 so with your Philips Shop Boards 10% discount that would come to €1349.99. That is with your 4 year warranty available until the 31st December. SPEC: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=47PFL8404H/12&slg=en&scy=GB

The 47PFL9664H is at the retail price of €1999.99 so with your Philips Shop Boards 10% discount that would come to €1799.99. That is with your 5 year warranty available until the 31st December. SPEC: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=47PFL9664H/12&slg=en&scy=GB

The 46PFL9704 is at the retail price of €2699.99 so with your Philips Shop Boards 10% discount that would come to €2429.99. That is with your 5 year warranty available until the 31st December. SPEC: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=46PFL9704H/12&slg=en&scy=GB

Happy hunting and good luck! thats a tough decision!! :D

Thanks a million, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GirRobot

Thanks for the info! I'm still 50/50 on the plasma/lcd thing. Both have advantages that I want :P

I can definitely afford the 8404, and I could probably stretch for a 9664, but I have no idea if it is actually worth it. I'm down in Cork so I cannot just pop in and have a look at them. I went into the only place I could find in cork that sold Phillips TVs this morning, but they had no clue about them. Only seemed to have older models on display and when I asked if they had any 8404s I could look at, the guy just sorta stared at me and shrugged. :/ Ah well

Has anyone got any advice on wether the 8404 is better than a G10 and also if the 9664 is worth the extra money?

EDIT: Oh, and also - what is the delivery time and cost? Is it a next day courier thing or a 2/3 day service? And can you choose what sort of time they will deliver? (working sure does suck when trying to get a delivery sorted ;P)

Thanks again,

GiR

Hi GirRobot

I'll work backwards

Del to Cork €29.99 next day.
    We have sent LOTS of 8404 and 9664 down that part of the country recently so no issue there.
    You can choose the day but delivery time is something different - we alway include your phone number on the docket for them to contact you but you cant specify a time.

The 8404 is a VERY good TV for the money and has been popular with Boardies.
    The 9664 is a spectacular TV and is my favourite TV in the shop - I'm very jealous of all who buy one! (i'm not allowed one:()

It is quite a step up over the 8404 in pretty much all respects - not putting the 8404 down, but the 9 series represent the peak of Philips TV range.

If you can stretch for the 9664 That's the one to go for.

Just search Boardies views on either of these TV's on this forum - you'll find lots of happy viewers!

atb
    Ash

What is the wait time to get one of those two tvs? I may be up in dublin on the 7th of december to see some family before xmas so I could possibly make my way into the shop to check them out. And if I was to like what I see, would the tv be available soonish? :P I would like to get whatever I go for all sorted out before xmas.

Hi GirRobot

You'll like what you see with these TV's!!

I have the 47PFL8404 in stock and the 47PFL9664 will be back with me next week.

Do call in and check 'em out.

Oh dont forget your credit card:D

have a good weekend
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hey again guys and girls!

Looks like I will be in Dublin on Monday so I'll pop into the shop some time in the afternoon and take a look at the tvs. Do you have both the 47" 8404 and 9664 on display?

GiR

Hi There

Cool look forward to showing you around 'em.

I have both on display near each other so you can check 'em out side by side.

If you dont see me on the floor ask for Nicola and she will take you through 'em.

Dont forget your credit card:D.......

Have a good weekend
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.