Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neglected Horse

Options
  • 26-11-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was driving through West Cork today and saw a horse lying down in a small, muddy field. He didn't look all that well and had red eyes. The field looked very muddy with not much good grass in it. The house next to the field looks either abandoned or neglected also - there was no car in the driveway.

I'm going to go back later to see if the horse is still lying in the same spot. If it is still there, what can I do? The house is near Clonakilty - is there anyone in that region who knows about horses or welfare? I wouldn't know much about horses, but can tell if an animal is unwell (I think).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

try contacting the ISPCA on 043 33 25035 they may be able to help or point in right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

any news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

I have only come across this now. Any news on the poor creature? If he is still there call the IHWT. Here is their website www.ihwt.ie They are based in Wicklow but work nationally to rescue horses. I hope he's OK!

Advertisement