Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

backing up from server to PC at home

Options
  • 26-11-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

How can I automatically backup from my work server (win2003) to my PC at home (vista) both have 3mb broadband connections and the backup file is usually 6-10gb (standard windows backup programme)
    Is there a programme that will automatically connect with home PC and save the backup there?

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

You're going to have problems with your upload speed on a 3mb connection. You don't seem to have a big operation so why not use windows backup in 2003 to backup to an external drive then take it with you? You could do daily backups in increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Have a look at http://www.putplace.com/ or http://www.databackup.ie/ for automated online back-ups, however as LoGiE has mentioned and it would end up far cheaper an external backup drive is a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

OK, thanks for that, I guess I just need to be more methodical about taking monthly backups home with me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

One option is get storage space with your bank, and get the Bean Counter to drop the tapes down when there doing their weekly lodgements.
    buzz11 wrote: »
    OK, thanks for that, I guess I just need to be more methodical about taking monthly backups home with me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Do you need to backup the whole 6-10g or would a differential update do instead?

• Advertisement
Advertisement