Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a milkman in Waterford?

• 26-11-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

It suddenly dawned on me this morning, that I buy my milk from Tesco.

When I was young, we had a milkman come round every morning on an electric milk float, delivering milk in glass bottles.

When did that stop? Do milkmen still exist in Waterford? If so, do they still deliver the milk in glass bottles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

It suddenly dawned on me this morning, that I buy my milk from Tesco.

When I was young, we had a milkman come round every morning on an electric milk float, delivering milk in glass bottles.

When did that stop? Do milkmen still exist in Waterford? If so, do they still deliver the milk in glass bottles?

The glass bottles stopped about 20 years ago at least iirc. Not sure about a milkman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

yeah theres still people that deliver milk to peoples house agirl up between doyle street and morrisons road delivers milk sharon de'corasy is her name as far as i know drive a big white van

i remember the glass bottles all them years ago !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gold top! *jumpers for goalposts* etc :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

20 years ago? Gosh, I'm getting old. Where I lived they delivered orange juice in glass bottles as well as milk.

Nice to know that milkmen still exist though. Still, it's a shame the glass bottles are no more. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There's one calling to me in a few minutes...would you like me to send him your way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

There's one calling to me in a few minutes...would you like me to send him your way?

You're not serious?? Glass bottles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I am serious. But not about glass bottles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Think there's one calls into Cherrymount too. Navy van I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

was one in hillview. We cancellled him a while back, dunno if is still going around

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I still have a milkman calling to my house 3 times a week, compared to tescos prices for milk, I am paying a bit over the odds, however I am happy to continue paying him as I have been for the past 10 years, as it keeps him in a job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

we have one over in ferrybank as well paying a bit for it but he is irish and might as well keep him in a job :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

We use our regular milkan a few times during the week. The lads are grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's a man and woman in a blue van that deliver milk on the Dunmore Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I just don't believe this tread, there's milk delivery people all over the plase.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 flynners10

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring this one back up again, but does anyone know of milkmen who are delivering in Tramore?.

Someone keeps leaving milk outside so im looking to get in touch with them to let them know they have the wrong house!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,682 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We used get milk delivered in Tramore, but stopped because they loaded the van the night before, which was fine in the winter, but in the summer the milk went off within a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

looksee wrote: »
    We used get milk delivered in Tramore, but stopped because they loaded the van the night before, which was fine in the winter, but in the summer the milk went off within a couple of days.
    loading the van the night before is normal your still gonna get the same dated milk if it was loaded that very morning!!!!!!!! and so would tesco or supervalu or any shop for that matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,682 ✭✭✭✭looksee

But if milk has been in a non-refrigerated van overnight in the summer it will not be in as good condition as if it had been in a fridge in Tesco.

Advertisement