Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kingswood Herd Software

• 26-11-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone here use kingswood herd software for a dairy setup? Any good? Does it cost much?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

hi
    have ifc (irish farm computers) software cant remember initial fee, but yearly maintenance for package up to 3 herds is about 150.
    as for good, dont know how any one can run a herd with out some kind of software to keep track, unless they live and sleep with the cows:D
    i know plenty of people dont use it, and run a tight ship, but it just makes it so much easier.
    dont think it matters which company. both are not far behind each other.
    used to be with kingswood years ago with the original dos system:o
    changed to ifc then and stayed, back up is excellent
    i know that kingswood have a fairly good grass budgeting section added recently, but sure ifc are working on a better version as we speak, they had better be:(

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

Thanks for that
    At the moment I am using spreadsheets to keep track of everything but I think I will go for one of these packages to have it all integrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

just remember that the information your get out is only as good as what you put in.

Advertisement