Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help stop unsolicited mail from NTL / UPC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Has anyone ever sent one back with 'Recipient Deceased' on it?
    I know its a bit morbid but if it doesn't stop them then you can just Ring Joe on them and complain about the severe emotional distress its causing to little Johnny and Mary Resident who keep getting letters for their dead father :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Lorelei

Doesnt help quite often the mails are not sent out by the company who they come from. Returns are dumped en masse.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Lorelei wrote: »
    just chuck them in the bin. Thats costs the sender money saves you storing them and then going to a post box wheres the hassle.
    If worried about your bin charges then drop one per day in a litter bin.
    No great problem!

Your missing the point, this is about NTL sending junk mail via a loophole in the law. When you ask to be removed they ignore your request.

The more people who return them (without a stamp) the more it costs NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Ohhh, had another mean (and bad, so don't do it ) idea :)

Why not just take everything out of the envelopes, make sure your name isn't on any of it, then take about 100 of them up the M50 at about 4 in the morning and throw them out the window at 60 mph!!!

Only identifiable thing is that it came from NTL so they get slapped with a nice big litter fine for each piece :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just chuck them in the bin. Thats costs the sender money saves you storing them and then going to a post box wheres the hassle.
    If worried about your bin charges then drop one per day in a litter bin.
    No great problem!

Nothing to do with Bin Charges. It's my house - I don't want mail from them. It's as simple as that. They shouldn't send me mail when I've told them (many times) that I don't want it.

Doesnt help quite often the mails are not sent out by the company who they come from. Returns are dumped en masse.

That's fine. Returning the mail means they have to pay for it again. If they are happy to pay twice, that's fine with me, and I don't care what they do with the returned mail.
    jimoc wrote: »
    Ohhh, had another mean (and bad, so don't do it ) idea :)

Why not just take everything out of the envelopes, make sure your name isn't on any of it, then take about 100 of them up the M50 at about 4 in the morning and throw them out the window at 60 mph!!!

Only identifiable thing is that it came from NTL so they get slapped with a nice big litter fine for each piece :)

NTL won't get fined for the litter, just like tayto don't get fined if someone drops a crisp packet. In this case, the means don't justify the ends :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Wonderful idea, is the plan to just return post when when ever or for us all to hit them in the same month?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

same month, same day :D, they'd get loads of them all at once

Hi Folks - Gentle reminder, 1st of May this year is the big sendback date. thanks!

Can we do a count?

I have 5 so far to send back.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭InTouch

I'm in.

I cancelled my account with them for other reasons and still get the kind of mail. I also get the cards.

Collection has begun.....

Bring on May Day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

PeteEd wrote: »
    if only i had read this yesterday, i returned to sender about 15 yesterday:mad:

will start collecting again

Since i posted this on the 27/11/09, UPC/NTL must have got the message, not a single To the Occupier letter has crossed our mailbox which serves 11 separate flats!

PeteEd wrote: »
    Since i posted this on the 27/11/09, UPC/NTL must have got the message, not a single To the Occupier letter has crossed our mailbox which serves 11 separate flats!

Knew they couldn't resist, after a few weeks of inactivity, the To the Occupier letters have reared their ugly head again today!

Keep them coming and i'll send them straight back to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Got one yesterday

PO Box 11279 Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Count me in too. After a recent lull the NTL junk has started arriving again,got one this morning.

They must have taken Christmas off!
    But as a side to their pestering via my letterbox at least i got 5 extra channels of them in the last couple of weeks, still won't stop me dumping a load of Return to Senders in the post box come May Day though!:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I had been sending them back all along with not known at this address.
    I like this idea .I'll save them up till may now.
    Maybe we could update here with our totals when we get more.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have 2 more added to the collection

I havent had any for a while - I feel unloved :(

Am I the only one?

There will be more, don't you worry ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have two now, should have 4 by May.

• Advertisement

bcirl03 wrote: »
    I havent had any for a while - I feel unloved :(

Am I the only one?

ironically not :)

After a quick root around the unclaimed mail in our hallway I've five "Return to Sender" now. :D

I must be due another by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheResident

Are we still on for 1st May? I have 14 collected at this point...

Yep - thanks for the bump! Got 3 last week...

Oh yeh :) bring it on - have 7......maybe I'll get one more before d-day.

Bump

Family, friends and neigbhours have played a blinder and i've 26 letters just dying to be returned to sender :D

ha! didn't realise that 1st of May was a saturday - so let's do it on the fourth to give them the best chance possible of all arriving back on the same day.

Sounds good. I think I have 5 now. I think we should aim toward a date in August or September for a second batch.

• Advertisement

Is there a collection on a Saturday?

If not surely any mail put in the post box won't be collected until Tues 4th anyway?

Advertisement